It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote-Sensing Quantum Hyperspace by Entangled Photon Interferometry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
arxiv.org...

Abstract

Even though ideas of extracting future-related, or Faster-Than-Light (FTL) information from hyperspace using quantum entanglement have generally been refuted in the last ten years, in this paper we show that the original 'Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser Experiment', 1st performed by Yoon-Ho Kim, R. Yu, S.P. Kulik, Y.H. Shih, designed by Marlan O. Scully & Druhl in 1982-1999, still features hidden topological properties that may have been overlooked by previous analysis, and which prohibit, by principle, the extraction of future-related or real-time information from the detection of the signal particle on the delayed choice of its entangled idler twin(s). We show that such properties can be removed, and quantum-level information from certain hypersurfaces of past, present or future spacetime may be collected real-time, without resulting in any paradox or violation of causality.

"Quantum property map could be scanned just like background microwave radiation; showing the optically non-observable regions of our universe."

Paper PDF

This paper essentially claims it is possible to extract information from hypersurfaces lying outside of your past and future lightcone (past, present, future) by modified delayed-choice quantum eraser experiment. It does not enable us to sense future events that can be casually influenced (inside your future lightcone) though.

That essentially means we can for example remotely sense what happens in 100 years, in areas that are at a distance greater than 100 ly from us. It would thus also enable faster than light communication.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Sounds interesting.....I flagged ya.....Though I can't comment more than that, till I read the link (which I will likely do later today/tonight sometime when I got some time).......It's not exactly one of those subjects I can fake my through

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
No idea what the hell that all means, it does sound interesting though, but doesn't describe the Delorean very well at all!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
All I can say is DUH!!!!!

Seriously did you not know all this already?
Now Im not trying to sound like a smarty pants but if I had of known this was news worthy I would have posted my own personal theory on Quantum hyperbolic tangled plant inferiority.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

How did you know that? Its a new paper from Jan 2011. And if you knew that, why didnt you publish it first?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

cause I thought it was common knowledge

Seriously dude who hasnt heard of quantative hypermarts enchroaching potato influences

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

How did you know that? Its a new paper from Jan 2011. And if you knew that, why didnt you publish it first?

I think they were joking!

But what's a lightcone? Is it for each person or each atom?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Sorry dude I was just havin some fun

I didnt even understand what half of those words meant

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Effectively that would mean that we would be able to see future events everywhere on earth, 0,07 seconds ahead of time......right? (using the maximum distance of 22.000 km) Of course the closer you would get to the location of the event the less time you would have......right??

Cool article and nice find...

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's been a while since my last double post......sorry 'bout that.
edit on 11-6-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Does this mean you in theory you can see into the future and the past, like quantam entanglement in time......................

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Feck me dead!!!!

11 flags which I assume means at least 11 people understand what the hell this is about

I all of a sudden feel really stupid

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Like with everything, I do not know the specifics but I understand the general principal.

It's about particles and the weird properties they seem to have. A photon or electron that is entangled with an other photon or electron will instantly behave in the same manner as the other one no matter how great the distance between these two particles.

I.e. if a photon has interacted with an other photon and separated, they still have a connection. If one photon would start to spin, the other would instantly spin as well, no matter if it's on the other side of the universe.....

Which in turn would mean if something happened on the other side of the universe, normally it would take at least the time light has to travel to cross the distance for the information to reach you. With entanglement the information would be available instantly and thus would appear as seeing into the future.....I guess....??....

Hey, quantum mechanics.....what can I say.

I am sure somebody who understands this stuff will be along shortly.

Peace
edit on 11-6-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

ohhhhhhhhhhh....

Is that what it meant!!!!

It all makes sense now

LOL

thanks for trying tho dude

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wish I had some quantum, entangled, hyperbolic, light cones
Might help me to understand what physicists mean when they talk about things like higher dimensions?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AusiAnarchist

Here you go.....

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's the mechanism for "Remote Viewing." That thing that the CIA studied for 30 years. That thing that actually works. The thing that humans are capable of with just a little training. I saw a hour long video created by the scientists who came up with this specific theory, a couple months ago.
to summarize and put in language average people can understand:

Basically quantum aren't random stuff, but carry information about objects, basically all of the information that can be conveyed by the senses. The unique thing about quantum are that they are time independent. so "seeing" into the future, and past, would be possible.

This would be the biggest scientific discovery ever, if proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be true, which I believe it has been proven. The reason being we could communicate with civilizations on the other side of the galaxy instantly. I just thought of this now: it could be how the egyptians and other cultures learned and built all that they did. The thing with Remote Viewing is words and numbers are hard to view, but pictures are relatively easy. Egypt used heiroglyphics, which would make communicating with an alien civilization much easier.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wow, in essence this could be the next best thing to time travel, albeit in remote observation.

Of course should this technology be wielded into a controlable format, enableing the observer to see future events such as wars, what could be the impact ? would humanity try to steer a path around such events so as to change what has been determined to occur in the future from the present timeline ? If so what would be the fallout ? Could we wind up creating a future where worse occurances become reality, than had we allowed time to unfold without the foresight, tempting us to "make change" ?

I also found it interesting that "Lockheed Martin are wishing to develop this enhanced radar. Given that they have their fingers in the defence contract pies, whatever unfolds in the future is likely to have heavy military involvement.

Great find OP S+F

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The quantum erraser addition to the double slit experiment is one of may all time fave experiments ever. It is brilliant!

www.bottomlayer.com...

I had a better rticle, but can't find it now.

I can't immediately see how this could be extended, but I will read very carefully your link and see what it says. This may just be a new take on the already fascinating quantum entanglement exeriments already done. Will post again in a day or two once I have read it all. It takes me a long time to read and comprehend these articles, about 3 readings is average - oh the joy of dyslexia!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I suppose being able to see a planet from an entangled photon collection would be pretty sweet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join