It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan teen tries to take own life to escape NATO bombs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
War in Lybia is tragic and unnessesary. And it is very possible that teenager tried to commit suicide because of the stress, it is very emotionally challenged age.
However this piece IS Russian propaganda. Look to the end of article:

“The world no longer needs NATO!” he said. “The Second World War was over a long time ago, and we try to live our lives, while NATO always do wars and always intervene in other countries’ issues. We are tired of wars, our patience is running out. Let us just live our life.”

World no longer needs NATO? What this got to do with anything? I can understand if person who is bombed by NATO will say - NATO bad,evil,murderous,....,XXXX,YYYY,ZZZ ZZZZZ.
But this sounds totally weird. Or not, if you just read other articles by same "totally not Russian propaganda even if paid for by Russian government" news source. Like:

Is NATO still relevant?

rt.com...
This is not about girl or Lybian tragedy. You will not hear about Chechen girls or bombing there on RT. Just another chapter in propaganda war. Mutual propaganda war.
edit on 11-6-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chipkin9

Will you quit trying to flatter yourself. I am glad that you are taking an anti suicide, pro feelings stance about this case. That is wonderful for you. I will lump all of your wonderful points into one big quote then I will reply.

Great you speak from experience...Well then how can you be so IGNORANT and insensitive towards and about it?
I am speaking because you think that just because you know people that have taken thier own lives, that you know FOR A FACT that people who fail at it are just seeking attention.
You think you have EVERBODY figured out and you know EXACTLY what those people are thinking, what they are experiencing in life to make them consider suicide and most importantly thier TRUE INTENTIONS.

I love how you are on a crusade of some sorts for humanity. That is really great. But I think you need to take a chill pill. Go outside and enjoy some fresh air or something.

If you wuld have taken the time to read down a little further you would have noticed that I explained my stance on ths subject a little better. Instead you are on some sort of star my post mission and have a serious anger issue along with it.

Here is my response from above. You know so much about me. Here you go.

I feel pretty strongly about the suicide issue. I do believe that some people seek attention. They just want to be heard. .........Maybe attention whore was the wrong term to use....Too frank and without emotion. I apologize for this....My mother brought me up not to, "beat around the bush," and tell it like it is. I do realize that my tone is offensive sometimes. That is how Lj01 operates and I am working on it.

Again please leave the speaking for humanity to someone else, you are lacking the respect that you are trying to project on everybody else............

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This one is almost as good as the time when NATO dropped an empty fuel tank from a Russian missile on an innocent Libyan family while they were having lunch in the garden with their kids at midnight. The traffic collision baby, complete with fake relatives and neighbours, was even better. The Libyan Government don't half come out with some bollocks.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
This has been one of the funniest threads ive read in a long time. As for the story, yeah its bunk, but still pretty funny. If every kid who ever got scared tried to kill themselves we'd be extinct allready. This girl just has a mental illness, like most suicides that fail shes craving attention. If she really wanted to die she would run towards the bombs.

What about people who don't fail a suicide attempt lokdog? Are they looking for attention?

Yes undoubtebly the girl suffers a mental illness. But it's only normal to feel severe anxiety when things like this are happening around you. That in itself is overwhelming enough, without the thought of being killed in a drone attack.

Now if she is afraid of being killed by the bombings, and decided that it would be less painful to die through choice of overdose, then why if she really wanted to kill herself would she just "Run towards it?"

I'm just expressing my opinions on the subject, regardless of if the story is "Bunk"; What if it's not?

I think RT are a reliable source of "Underground" news. Remember when Ahmadinejad was suppossed to have said "Israel" should be wiped of the face of the planet?"

Yeah that was a huge LIE, And Russia Today reported and showed footage of what really was said, so....

That's another story.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

It has a lot to do with the News, what is the purpose of NATO? Why is NATO attacking Libya? (We have established that it is not Humanitarian reasons), so why is NATO attacking Libya, and what is NATO's purpose?

It is lame to believe NATO's existence has nothing to do the evil war NATO has started.

All Libyan foreign wealth is being stolen right now, Libyan infrastructure is destroyed, Libyan achievements reduced to null, Libyan internal wealth used for destruction and bloodshed. All of this because NATO intervened in a situation which was already solved.

The CIA trained + financed rebels failed in their attempt to topple the revolutionary regime of Libya, instead of accepting reality, NATO made the situation 10 times worse by attacking Africa's most prosperous nation, using its own wealth to destroy it.

The situation is beyond belief, who ever is the mastermind of this war deserves to go to hell for eternity, and I'm one of those who never believed that anyone deserves to suffer for endlessly.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

"NATO always do wars and always intervene in other countries’ issues. We are tired of wars, our patience is running out. Let us just live our life"

Propaganda or not...Isn't that statment true?

Aren't they sending out the right message?

You don't see Russia getting involved in other countries affairs, and bombarding them with missiles...I think they have a right to express thier concerns about the conflicts that are being created, where's the propaganda there?

So I would trust thier words and reports over NATOS, 8 days a week.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

What about people who don't fail a suicide attempt lokdog? Are they looking for attention?

Those are the serious ones not looking for attention.

As far as being afraid of the bombs and trying to kill herself sounds like pure propaganda to me. Thats like my 5 year old being afraid of the dark. Is he going to kill himself now when i turn off the lights in his room? Im sorry im just finding it hard to buy this girls story.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I read that post FYI...What does that matter about your attitude and disrespectful, ignorant remarks about the subject in question?

"Again please leave the speaking for humanity to someone else"

I can think and speak for myself...not humanity. I'm sure humanity speaks for itself. So no i'm not on a "Crusade Mission"

Also it's not very cool to echo back about flattery, when someones used it against you. It makes you look like you can't think for yourself and be original.

PS: "I am on a mission to get stars?" What a silly, obnoxious remark. I have interests other than myself!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

It has a lot to do with the News, what is the purpose of NATO? Why is NATO attacking Libya? (We have established that it is not Humanitarian reasons), so why is NATO attacking Libya, and what is NATO's purpose?

Purpose of NATO is the same as it is since 1949. To block foreign influence (or aggression) on its member states. New states are getting accepted and some want to get accepted. Almost all Eastern Europe is in NATO sphere of influence as opposed to Warsaw pact sphere of influence they were in before Soviet Union collapsed. Current Russian leadership wants to return influence it had in those regions but since direct confrontation with NATO is not possible, other options are used. One of this options is to convince as many people from NATO states as possible that NATO is not needed.
Why is NATO attacking Lybia? Because several European countries who have very heavy influence in NATO pressed for strikes once they saw that rebels were getting pushed back. Why those countries care about rebels and not Qaddafi - ask them. It is not for love of humanity. My guess - money,contracts and influence zones are involved.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

There's a huge difference between being afraid of the dark, and bombs dropping at your doorstep.

Being afraid of the dark isn't life threatening or traumatic!,

Apologies I don't mean to sound so argumentative, but some remarks are just silly to me. No offence.

And like I said who is certain the video is even propaganda tripe (It could be),but i'm just speaking about the subject matter.

EDIT: "Those are the serious ones not looking for attention."

So people who succeed in a suicide attempt are serious about ending thier life, But people who fail aren't?

Come on man, how can you make that sort of conclusion?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Also it's not very cool to echo back about flattery, when someones used it against you. It makes you look like you can't think for yourself and be original.

I beieve that my original post was, well,, original....

It was so original that you took offense to it...Then you maliciously attacked me....

You are the one defending a bunk story......This agrument is getting no where. I will star your last post.
edit on 11-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: this

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"You are the one defending a bunk story......This agrument is getting no where. I will star your last post."

Like I stated earlier...being a bunk story is irrelevant, as we've been debating, discussing...whatever you want to call it, the subject matter! As I oppossed the ignorant, and what I deem, offensive remarks.

So I think we should leave it at that and move on, no hard feelings. After all we are both apart of the same community and are free to express our opinions, whether we agree, disagree or Just don't give a spit.

Good day,

Chip

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by StevenDye

Why can America/NATO end a war then? Becuase....
- It costs billions of dollars putting a strain on their own finances
- It kills inoccent people
- It de-stabalizes a region
- It creates a condition that breeds terrorism(remember we are fighting a war on terror)
- It may force the countries to further commit sending ground forces (remember there are already Special forces operating in Libya)
- It will lead to deaths of soldiers

If this girl isn't a reason to stop a war these are.

-All wars are expensive, should we never fight in a war in that case? What about if millions of people are being killed? Or is it okay to help when such large numbers are dieing? I prefer not to put a price on human lives and say 'sorry a hundred thousand of you dieing doesn't matter, it has to be 200,000 before I get involved...'

- As much as I detest collateral damage, and will heavily criticise if it could have been avoided (like in the case in Libya where NATO forces struck a village where a convoy had stopped; instead of just waiting for the convoy to move o nagain.) it can not always be avoided without ignoring the enemy forces.

- Yes it most certainly does, your point is? The second world war destabilised Germany, and France, both sides of the conflict. But I'm sure you can agree we couldn't allow Hitler to go runnign about all merry.

- Again, yes it does. I'm sure the French reisstance were considered terrorists by the Germans, as would the home guard in England have been if the Germans landed here. I'm sure the allied troops marching through Germany terrorized the civillians living there. War IS an act of terror, terrorists that are bred through war are no more than soldiers. I may find the way they fight to be cowardly but then people thought the same about snipers when they first came about.

Don't get me wrong I have no support for terrorism, but if you look at it, it's really not so different from anything Western countries have done, only with an 'official army'. Or did the atmoic bombs magically miss all the innocent men women adn children in Japan? Certainly a 'terrifying' thing to happen to them wasn't it?

-Yes it may, because the situation is escalating above what it once was. Again I can't see why this is a reason to end a war? The UK didn't let Argentina keep the Falklands because it meant commiting more troops.

-War leads to the death of soldiers... yes. Again a terrible loss when they die, but it is part of their job, knowing they could be killed doing what they do. Because unfortunatly humans are not good enough people to always do the right thing and sometimes they must be forced to stop mass murdering etc.

Yes these are all bad thigns about war, but they are not a reason to end a war just as they havn't been in the past.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

So Libya has nothing to do with USSR, let's move on to Afghanistan, what does Afghanistan have to do with USSR?

Both nations being attacked, one being occupied by NATO. So the question remains, if NATO's existence revolves around the defense of its own members against USSR, then why are defenseless nations being attacked?

By the way, USSR doesn't even exist anymore.
edit on 11-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't know anything as a fact in this case. But my experience has shown me when people want to kill themselves they get the job done.

I also know that attempted suicide especially among teenagers is often a cry for help. Call it a hormonal imbalance if you will.

The way this news has been presented is blatent propoganda, if theres a suicidal girl in Tripoli afraid of NATO airstrikes. Then surely theres also one in Mistrata that is afraid of Gadaffi's artillery fire. Why hasn't RT news covered that side of the story?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chipkin9

"NATO always do wars and always intervene in other countries’ issues. We are tired of wars, our patience is running out. Let us just live our life"

Propaganda or not...Isn't that statment true?

Aren't they sending out the right message?

You don't see Russia getting involved in other countries affairs, and bombarding them with missiles...I think they have a right to express thier concerns about the conflicts that are being created, where's the propaganda there?

So I would trust thier words and reports over NATOS, 8 days a week.

You are absolutely right that Russia does not get involved in other countries affairs.......in the imaginations of a deluded mind! Let me guess all the history books describing those interventions are lies and propaganda.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog

I don't know anything as a fact in this case. But my experience has shown me when people want to kill themselves they get the job done.

I also know that attempted suicide especially among teenagers is often a cry for help. Call it a hormonal imbalance if you will.

The way this news has been presented is blatent propoganda, if theres a suicidal girl in Tripoli afraid of NATO airstrikes. Then surely theres also one in Mistrata that is afraid of Gadaffi's artillery fire. Why hasn't RT news covered that side of the story?

Absolutely. The problem we have is cognitive dissonance amongst those who believe that western governments are pure evil and that everybody else are innocent victims. I mean RUSSIA for freaks sake the source of reliable information. Absolutely hysterical.

Misrata is hotbed of CIA trained operatives!

I have a sneaking suspicion that these threads are started by Gaddafi's henchmen.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Stupid NATO, its an invasion and war against people who never started anything. And all the global elite want to do is cause more confusion, trouble, and death. I would say NATO is the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
so to escape the bombs killing her she would rather kill her self? Make no sense what so ever to me.this just sounds likes bad parenting to me

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join