It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan teen tries to take own life to escape NATO bombs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Well, where did I claim that? I don't see that at all. I claimed that our media, both the left and the right didn't report it at all, while RT did. Fox didn't report it, and CNN didn't report it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Well, seeing as you can;t even spell my name right (multiple times) and you have a track record of being totally unable to engage in logical and reasoned debate, don't get to upset if I just ignore your non-sensical ramblings.

So your ignoring my ramblings

Honestly, whatever happened to "Deny Ignorance". People here peddle it like there is no tomorrow and those of us who remain with questioning minds and some degree of intelligence get shouted down as monsters, war-mongers, globalists or NWO shills. Character assasination is usually the resort of those who have no other argument to make.

But you do support the globalists you support there agenda

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The BBC has covered the Tea Parties and other things. One shouldn't look at US media, which is quite woeful in it's factual content no matter the political leaning, and assume that transposes onto ALL Western media.

I;ve watched FOX, CNN etc and found them all to be lacking in any real detail on the subject they are covering, full of political bias (more than can be naturally expected) and more concerned with flashy presentation and catchy headlines. I had the misfortune of watching FOX during the Lebanon war in 2006. I wasn;t sure whether to laugh or vomit. Obviously pro-Israeli, contained blatant lies that other media around the world disproved easily and sensationalised the whole thing with the headline "BATTLEGROUND IN THE HOLY GROUND".. Total joke.

Hence why I never use US media as a source. It's crap.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

An intelligent reader questions everything they read. An intelligent, informed reader recognizes that Russia has a clear anti-ameican and anti-western bias. To ignore that is to be very naive.

An intelligent, informed reader recognizes that Russia has a clear anti-ameican and anti-western bias.

Like the american mainstream news does? all western mainstream news networks are working with the CFR and even having there guests on the air every time.

America has a clear imperialism view on eupore and elsewhere.

You and stumans are both pro american imperialism you cant deny it.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Did the BBC cover the tea parties before the primary elections? Were they covering the tea party way back then when nobama wasn't even on the radar? Same with the end the fed protests? If they did, then cudos to them. I didn't hear about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The BBC has covered the Tea Parties and other things. One shouldn't look at US media, which is quite woeful in it's factual content no matter the political leaning, and assume that transposes onto ALL Western media.

Really? they only covered it when the neo cons took over the tea Parties, and they only covered when it became an interest but when ron paul was with the tea parties where was BBC,CNN? No where.

Hence why I never use US media as a source. It's crap.

SURE You do you defend it here, by attacking Russia Today calling it Russian propaganda, Russiatoday is the only news network that doesn't attack its guests on the air.

BBC is a British western news network propaganda news outlet.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

An intelligent reader questions everything they read. An intelligent, informed reader recognizes that Russia has a clear anti-ameican and anti-western bias. To ignore that is to be very naive.

An intelligent, informed reader recognizes that Russia has a clear anti-ameican and anti-western bias.

Like the american mainstream news does? all western mainstream news networks are working with the CFR and even having there guests on the air every time.

America has a clear imperialism view on eupore and elsewhere.

Funny how I addressed that in the first line to the comment you are responding to:

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Note the irony; you reject all news from western mainstream media, and yet you unquestioningly accept news from a clearly biased "mainstream " russian publication?

biased news network?

all the western mainstream media are biased , and are for regime change in libya, defending its own lies, the western media keeps lying the reasoning for the war in libya, they keep lying on who these rebels really are.

You are right. The western media is very biased in their reporting.

Does that somehow mean the Russian media isn't?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Back in 2008? I don't even think the Tea Party new of the Tea Party back then seeing as it claims it started in 2009..

Unless you've had primaries recently, but I thought they'd be next year...

But, the BBC has been reporting on the Tea Party movement for quite some time, the earliest report dating to 15th April 2009.

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 11/6/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

the tea party protests started near the end of bush second term in late 2008.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

But, the BBC has been reporting on the Tea Party movement for quite some time, the earliest report dating to 15th April 2009.

Thats when the neo conservatives took over the tea party movement, there has no been press coverage in 2008, the tea party movement started in 2008 by the ron paul supporters.

Since the took over by the neo conservatives the tea party movement started to fall down, alot of ron paul and bring back the gold movement supporters were and are still pretty upset.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I had a friend that hung himself. Money, the rent money was te main reason why he said he did it.

Look one thing I have learned over the years. If you are going to off yourself ,you do it. You do not try...... I really cannot stand these types of people....... Attention whores....... I have lost good friends because they had the balls( or stupidity) to carry on with their plan...Not attempt....... The only person that attemps it is one that has a story they want to tell. I am tired of hearing attempted suicide stories. Especially politically motivated ones.

Sorry. I have lost many a good friends that did not even mention that they were going to off themselves. The people who feel sorry for them are the victims. I do have a heart...I swear....
edit on 11-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: edited a hair

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The earliest mention of any Tea Party movement (this time round as there seems to be quite a few, going back as far as in the 1990's) is Jan 24th 2009, when the head of Young Americans for Liberty organised one in New York to protest some tax.

There seems to be some confusion over what exactly this Tea Party movement is. Ron Paul had a Tea Party for dollars in 2007, but that seems to be quite different to the Tea Party movement that took shape in 2009 after Obama came to power and the movement started protesting his budgets and stimulus packages. It doesn't look like there is cohernet front for this movement, so actually tying down a date for it's beggining is difficult, especially as it would seem that you guys have had alot of Tea Parties!

In the case of the Ron Paul tea parties, it seems the issues were quite local and not of the concern of the international media. Only when directed against the President did international media take note, which would be early 2009 and the Tea Party movement of which we are all familiar.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There is no doubt that much of the Journalism on RT is biased. Although the content which RT retains is that of greater quality then many western media sources. The fact is that much of their reporting is not false and they are often unfairly criticized. You are being hypocritical yourself. If you read that Gaddafi forces were causing the suicides of girls in Misrata on CNN you would believe it, yet this you do not.

The fact that you state that suicide goes against human instinct is true, however you clearly know nothing about the tragic incidents which lead to such acts of self-harm. It is a phycological condition and often cannot be helped. I have no doubt that NATO bombing can enduce this and you should provide evidence to the contrary that the constant threat of death mixed with low morale and a weak phycological condition would not result in possible suicide.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

You can say that easily from your relative safety in the Midwest. Reverbarate the same comments once you live in a war zone.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Fair enough.

I still think that it is politically driven. I mean, would you have your child on the news giving interviews after going through a life changing event like that?
edit on 11-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: your

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The earliest mention of any Tea Party movement (this time round as there seems to be quite a few, going back as far as in the 1990's) is Jan 24th 2009, when the head of Young Americans for Liberty organised one in New York to protest some tax.

There wasn't a Tea Party movement in the 90s it was a different group with a different but similar agenda as the tea party.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
There is no doubt that much of the Journalism on RT is biased. Although the content which RT retains is that of greater quality then many western media sources. The fact is that much of their reporting is not false and they are often unfairly criticized. You are being hypocritical yourself. If you read that Gaddafi forces were causing the suicides of girls in Misrata on CNN you would believe it, yet this you do not.

(bold mine)

I'm not sure who you are responding to in that last line, but I'm curious on what you base your assumption.

Personally, ive stated several times in this thread that I am skeptical of ALL media sources. I find the trotting out of this story as infallibly true to be ironic since Russia has been as pro-gaddafi in their reporting of Libya as the west has been anti.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This thread seems to have strayed form the OP, but this story seems like complete propaganda to me. Since when does a teenagers suicide, even in war torn countries, make international news? When you want that teenagers attempt (couldn't follow through, as that would be easy to trace) to pull at the heart strings of your "enemies" populace. This was simply meant to rile up the anti-war/save the children crowd against an op that this networks masters aren't pleased with.

I don't support any of our current military ops in the ME, but RT has become real popular for giving us the "news" that the MSM won't . . . whether that is because it isn't real or due to the US's own propaganda campaigns . . . However, American anchors or not, RT is still a propaganda mouthpiece for Russia . . . just like MSNBC and CNN are for America.

B.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join