It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Unveils Prototype Hoverbike

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He has two rudders to change the thrust of about 25% of each prop to go forward or rear. These change the ground effect and cause it to drop like a rock if you used them.

I wont say its not possible to get there but he needs to work out side thrusters, get red of those props and fined some real multiblade props and spend some dough on graphene composite material. Needs to basically make a casting mold of what he has, use the grapene composite casting with the new directional thrusters, and throw away the current model.

Of course he is probably on this thread, looking for people to hand him the answers. Its simple. Start over from the ground up. People have been in the air for a century. Its doable. But not cheaply enough to market to the public.

Thats the whole problem. It can be done. But not to make it affordable to everyone.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

We sold our hovercrafts and bought new fishing poles, and a trip to six flags for the kids.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElGatoLoco0698
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

The Mythbusters tried building something like that with turbo charged motors and whatnot. They determined it wasn't possible. At least not possible economically.

Lol they tried it with Leaf Blowers.

As per the myth. They didn't build a specific device for it, they frankenstiened it out of parts.

Not sure if this has been posted, but this is the bike running, not hovering, but showing the thrust it's capable of.

And I know sfa about this stuff, so.. lol, at least it shows the thing isnt' cgi!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wow 170MPH, Riding at those speeds on the road is hard enough. Not sure if anyone here has experienced coming out from under your bikes windshield at near those speeds setting up for a corner - it gets pretty "blowy" not to mention you are holding on (almost) for dear life.

Anything that introduces the Z axis = death for many me thinks.

Oh, nothing wrong with vegemite either.
That's why Australia produces some of the best motorcyclists in the world. ;P

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well , here it is bolted to a stand . Its 0 inches in altitude. The builder claims it can reach 10,000 feet. LOL . That is all .

edit on 11-6-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Interesting idea. But I don't see it working yet. I don't see much in the way of any stability control other than the fact it's bolted to something and secured to the ground with tie-down stakes. That kind of limits its usefulness, doesn't it?

And if they do get it working, it still seems to be something that would be inherently dangerous and for a very limited audience. I wonder who would want to go first in picking half of some rich fool's remains off of a high-tension power line?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A recent 1000cc bike engine can chuck out in excess of a 'true' 160hp and 100nm torque with some tutuing, they're like lifting a good barbell
Thats plenty of power to weight to allow a skilled road bike pilot to shred tyres through the gearbox and exceed 180mph with a moderate amount of room, so 170mph in the air with fancy fans is nothing impossible.

2450lbs Cessna 172R at 160hp with a 4 cylinder lycoming will get ya over 10,000 ft as well. At the same time they can't do proper loops though as they tend to flop at the top. Power to weight ain't everything but it helps.

I say completely plausible.
edit on 12/6/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
FQAKE.

There is not one shot of the hoverbike moving.
Maybe it does "hover" (as in the shots of it strapped to the ground) but there is no way to control that thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
hover bike 2014

Still looks promising!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hoax. No video. Weight to thrust ratio on turbos that size not adequate. And where is forward thrust component?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rawo6592

Looks like their might be some substance to this.

US military to develop Star Wars-style hoverbikes with British company
www.theguardian.com...

At this month’s Paris Air Show, UK startup Malloy Aeronautics and the US Department of Defense announced plans to make this drone-like bike, a vehicle we’ve loved for many years, a reality. The US Army Research Laboratory in Maryland will work on the project.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The worlds in the crapper and all people worry about these days are hovering things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join