It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arlington Heights man finds $17,021 outside bank. [Would YOU return the money??]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have a question for fellow ATSers. Here's a guy who finds $17k in cash that belongs to a bank. Knowing what we know about banks and the parasitic banking system, would YOU have returned this $17,000 to the bank?

Link to Story

Here's my answer: If I knew that the ATM camera didn't see me, and no one else saw me, then that money would be GONE BABY GONE. And I am someone you could trust. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Here's my answer: If I knew that the ATM camera didn't see me, and no one else saw me, then that money would be GONE BABY GONE. And I am someone you could trust. Seriously.

AMEN!! That would pay off all my debts, and then some. I would be a happy camper. And they say money can't buy happiness....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The way my family's finances are at this time, HELL NO!
It'll pay off my family's debts and I'll be happy for a while
edit on 10-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)
I'm a very trustworthy person, never taken a thing in my life.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So it doesn't belong to a patron of the bank, some person putting in their life savings? It belongs to the bank...just to be clear...

The bank has it insured if it belongs to the bank. So....yeah...I'm still struggling with the answer. But, the best of morality will get to me. It's not mine, so why would I take it?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If it's from the bank, hell no! For what? Didn't the banks get us into the mess we are in anyway? Banks are the most corrupt thing in the world. The fat pigs won't get that money back...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Honestly? If I could KNOW it was the bank's money and thereby, insured, I might very well call it mana from heaven and make my family very happy that night. However, how could I possibly know that for certain? The story mentioned receipts and checks in there too. I'm afraid I couldn't live with myself knowing that may be the day's receipts for some small business owner and losing it may take a good part of what their family has to eat for who knows how long, while he replaces the loss.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

According to the story, it was destined for another ATM as replenishment. So it belonged to the bank.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hmm.. I might not have read that part. Regardless, once the bank takes possession, it's their responsibility. I probably would have left the checks and receipts somewhere that the bank would have found them, but to reiterate - that cash would have gone missing.

edit on 10-6-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I would return it, because if I didn't then I would be no better than the bankers. I try to live my life with integrity and honor. Besides, I would be very suspicious that it was a set up.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
If it's from the bank, hell no! For what? Didn't the banks get us into the mess we are in anyway? Banks are the most corrupt thing in the world. The fat pigs won't get that money back...

Yes, the banks did play a major role in the mess that we are in, but so did dishonest individuals. So did people that make $50,000 a year buying $450,000 houses. So did individual people with $75,000 in credit card debt. When will people take personal responsibility for their actions?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Set up hahhahahahhahahahahhahahahaha screw that set up or not if i saw all that money i would grab it in a second and run

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Have you considered the fact that every single serial number of every single bill in that bag was recorded and accounted for somewhere? It wouldn't be long before the secret service and the FBI came kicking down your door.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I would return the money too.
I believe in karma.
And don't worry about the greedy bankers/wall street goons...they'll get theirs.
Karma's a 8!Tc#

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
whats the big deal. how does honesty come into play here, you must ave cash in the bank with a job and a full fridge.

Sir that money would go to do much good not just for me but for my wife my child. The homless guy i give a hundred to. so you ask for personal acountability not for me sir. sometimes if you cant beat em you join em

link   
whats the big deal. how does honesty come into play here, you must ave cash in the bank with a job and a full fridge.

Sir that money would go to do much good not just for me but for my wife my child. The homless guy i give a hundred to. so you ask for personal acountability not for me sir. sometimes if you cant beat em you join em

link   

My parents were very strict about this kind of thing while I was growing up, so my answer is: South Beach, or Cancun?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i the feds come kicking in my door after the fact i can guarentee it would not be in my home LOL. So once again shot down.

And as far as karma goes sorry dosnt exist....there is no such thing as right and wrong

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'd like to refer you to the case of finders vs keepers

With cameras everywhere, i would likely return it. No jail for me. With no witnesses, .....see ya

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X
I would return the money too.
I believe in karma.
And don't worry about the greedy bankers/wall street goons...they'll get theirs.
Karma's a 8!Tc#

When will they be getting theirs, exactly?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If I found out it was the Banks...hell yea I would keep it for myself...If it belonged to some person who needs to to live on I would hurry up and get it to them....I will steal from the Bank as fast as I can, but I would never take from another human being, except maybe some of the bastard inbreeds out there like David Rockefeller, and the like....I would give them my pee if they were thirsting to death.....

P/S...My computer is really screrwing up bad today. It hangs, its it real, real slow, and I have a modded modem with top mbps speed. The dam Opera turbo is even coming on to try and make it faster...That has never happened. Anyone else having electronic troubles today? Car turn signals have even starting screwing up....
edit on 10-6-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join