It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi: Starvation of Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hey. I chose this forum because my thread is about a form of medical treatment that does not really get any attention in the media or medical community. It is a power of which all of us are capable of achieving through self discipline and a lot of time and practise.

Most of you will have heard of Chi before. From amazing acts of human strength, to medical miracles. The documented and consistent results are logical proof that you can manipulate some form of energy within us that has some amazing capabilities. Some will say that the belief alone in a power such as this can make people heal through relief in anxiety meaning the bodies immune system works better but I 100% believe it goes a lot further than that.

The evidence is out there, just search it up. There are a lot of people who fake it for views on youtube, as with anything like this really. You've got to look for documentation from skeptics like the following video really. But remember, the real proof is in experiencing it yourself. Through meditation and perseverance.

So I'm fairly certain we've established that there is more to chi than just 'mind over matter'. The actual physical demonstration of the power was quite visually persuasive in itself, but the results of the work are also an important factor. But apart from pyrokinesis and the ability to achieve spectacular medical results, what else is to offer from this power inside all of us?

Imagine a race somewhere else in the universe, our galaxy or in a completely different universe. It has been evolving for millions of years more than us and as a whole, focused on cultivating their chi and finding ways to project it and manipulate the energy in and around everything. You could theoretically fly or shoot some form of energy powerful enough to be a short or long range projectile weapon. The possibilities are endless.

If a lot of research into chi was undertaken and breakthroughs in technology and understanding of the power came about, we could heal a lot of people, likely at a very low cost.

But I guess TPTB don't want that.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Well I believe in Chi as in 'Life-force' ever since I can remember I've been able to control some sort of energy in my body, 'Tingles' as I used to call it. I can control it to different parts of my body as if it were moving or I can make it originate form whatever part of myself I choose.

I do not meditate so I can't attest that to being the source of the "Tingles" Although for years I've been trying to make the energy manifest in the outside world but I've only met with failure. I have my doubts that the energy can be transferred outward to another person or channeled for Psi Mechanics.

One good thing is that trying to manifest the energy has given me the ability to summon it quickly and maintain it for extended periods of time.

I just wish I knew what the tingles were for, so if anyone knows give me a heads up.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

I started getting the tingles a while ago and delved into the feeling and shifting it around as you say. I call it ecstasy
When you get into cultivating it through meditation you can start to practise projecting it. What I do for this is to set alight a tea candle. Hold your hand over the flame and find a comfortable height where it is warm but you can hold your hand there for a long time without it burning.

Gradually practise getting your hand closer and closer to the flame for extended periods of time without your hand getting burnt. Do this along with practising pushing the chi around your body everyday, a few times a day and you will see results shortly. It can get to the point where you are holding your hand ten times or more closer to the flame than your original hight, and for long amounts of time without getting burnt.

It can really start to get amazing but it takes focus, dedication and belief! It is well worth doing my friend because in practising cultivating and projecting your life force you begin to feel a lot healthier in the mind, body and soul.

Peace

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

There's probably something to it. However that video doesn't prove anything. I wish it did - but the main place it falls short is in repeatability. just like those old videos of that Russian lady performing what looks like telekinesis - it looks damn compelling but it simply doesn't qualify as proof without independent verification.

Western science HAS studied these things as a matter of fact. It's not that we just ignore them. The problem is, we don't know how to study them. Whatever energy is being used - assuming this is real - is not the typical electromagnetic kind. And that's the paradigm we're working from.

So you will find dozens of studies on acupuncture, meditation and chi-gong experts... but they never really find much. In the end it's still just as big a mystery as when we started. "We" being anyone raised in a Western mentality.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
The evidence is out there, just search it up.

I did.

Here's a chi master who can beat any opponent in a fight..
youtube

and here's a chi master who's arm is so strengthened by chi entergy it cant be cut by anything at all...
youtube

and another chi master who has perfected the "touchless knockout"...(even on the camera crew)
youtube

and the Yellow Bamboo "chiblasters" who (on a beach near Perth) are completely undefeatable by anyone...
youtube

Its clear that when put to the test, chi energy works every time.

edit on 10-6-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by TechUnique
The evidence is out there, just search it up.

I did.

Here's a chi master who can beat any opponent in a fight..
youtube

and here's a chi master who's arm is so strengthened by chi entergy it cant be cut by anything at all...
youtube

and another chi master who has perfected the "touchless knockout"...(even on the camera crew)
youtube

and the Yellow Bamboo "chiblasters" who (on a beach near Perth) are completely undefeatable by anyone...
youtube

Its clear that when put to the test, chi energy works every time.

edit on 10-6-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Those are Freaking hilarious

I do believe in Chi as a life-force as stated before but I also believe that there is a lot of dis-info out there. I think all these idiots come forward just for attention or are set up to hide the truth. As with a lot of unexplainable phenomena in this world I think that it's being hidden by mounds of Bull# because someone out there doesn't want us to know how powerful we are. Although we might not be ready to know it yet.

Anyways thanks for the Laugh

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately there are a lot of scammers out there.

That said, anyone who has meditated with some regularity and success will be able to tell you that there are some pretty weird energies at work in the body.

It's not all real, it's not all fake.

The problem with having large bodies of evidence is that the entire western paradigm is not really designed for it. Really getting anywhere with meditation requires lots of work and patience, a very careful diet and a good teacher that can help the individual with his/her specific hurdles and strengths.
The west is much better at churning out mass, mediocre replications.
Nobody wants to do the work required to get to a place where they can demonstrate their energy to others, it can't be patented, and it requires types of sacrifice that no normal american would be interested in making. So we're just not going to have very many examples of it available to study.

The good thing is that the people who should worry about chi or whatever have probably already personally verified its existence and limits for themselves, and the ones who can't be bothered with it can keep their mcdonalds and zoloft.

new topics

top topics

join