It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTRODUCING...Stu from The UK,Working class Cosmic philosopher and Astronomer....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Greetings, I'm new to ATS and could do with a nudge in the right direction.I am Stu a 34yr old writer/stand up from near Manchester in England. I've been intrigued by the possibility of extra terrestrial civilizations through the cosmos since the days that I had to drop my pants to pee. At an early age as most kids are, I was fascinated by space and UFO's and this led to my interest in Astronomy, Astro-Physics and Cosmology.
For many years I have been disappointed with the ignorant and dismissive view of UFOology by a large cross section of society, caused mainly by a popular blinkered view of life, a lack of understanding, and religious beliefs. The human race is still in infancy in regards to science and technology, and our quest to the stars has not even reached our nearest planet so our knowledge of the universe is just beginning.

This year personally has been mind-blowing, and I now feel compelled to become active in the online community on these matters. I haven't shared any of my findings or views to anyone apart from my closest friend so or the first time in life I hope to be able to discuss several topics without fear of ridicule and hopefully learn more along the way. Keep watching the skies, because we are not alone in the universe.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Rest assured Stu, you WILL be ridiculed.
The fear will be entirely up to you though.

Welcome and see you around.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS mate, good to have you on board.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Ridicule (by the Narrow minded) is the main problem about discussing the UFO subject, that's where science comes in handy. Most people don't contemplate the Cosmos or Science (too busy watching TV, posting views on talent shows and reality TV on facebook and reading celeb gossip mags) so they are going to struggle to 'bend' their head around the prospect of visitors from elsewhere in the Solar System, Milky Way, Our nearest galaxy neighbour Andromeda, let alone other galaxies throughout the universe(or Multiverse).

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StuTaylor
Greetings, I'm new to ATS and could do with a nudge in the right direction.I am Stu a 34yr old writer/stand up from near Manchester in England. I've been intrigued by the possibility of extra terrestrial civilizations through the cosmos since the days that I had to drop my pants to pee. At an early age as most kids are, I was fascinated by space and UFO's and this led to my interest in Astronomy, Astro-Physics and Cosmology.
For many years I have been disappointed with the ignorant and dismissive view of UFOology by a large cross section of society, caused mainly by a popular blinkered view of life, a lack of understanding, and religious beliefs. The human race is still in infancy in regards to science and technology, and our quest to the stars has not even reached our nearest planet so our knowledge of the universe is just beginning.

This year personally has been mind-blowing, and I now feel compelled to become active in the online community on these matters. I haven't shared any of my findings or views to anyone apart from my closest friend so or the first time in life I hope to be able to discuss several topics without fear of ridicule and hopefully learn more along the way. Keep watching the skies, because we are not alone in the universe.

Welcome to ATS StuTaylor

Its always nice to have someone new come to the forums ..And yes this year has been mind-blowing and we still have months to go before the end of the year..Have fun in the forums and enjoy your stay~~peace sugarcookie1

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StuTaylor

Welcome aboard Stu!

Fasten your seat belt and try to keep your pants dry.
You are now going to embark on a fascinating voyage
thru ATS and it's great ammount of topics and opinions.
I promise you you won't be bored. Sit back and enjoy the trip.
Looking foreward to your input.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hey Stu, didnt you know there's no such thing as class anymore Gideon I mean George Osbourne said so.

Anyway welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Welcome Stu

hope you find what you seek.

top topics

join