It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi, everyone. How are you all doing? I hope wherever you all are, that you're all having a nice day/evening.

Thanks for clicking on my topic. I've only just signed up as a member here on ATS, so this is my very first post. The reason I signed up was because, on several occasions, topics of interest to me that I have been looking to find out more about on the Internet have brought me to this forum, and I have increasingly found myself wanting to click a reply button to respond to the various topics made here of said interests. So, here I am. I'll be honest with everyone: I'm not the best at intros, so I will keep it as brief as I can. I'm a male, I'm 27 years old, I live in England and I work as an electrician. Life for me has been pretty good. No childhood traumas or undue stress, just the usual things we all go through. I like to think I'm open-minded, but not so much that my brain could fall out (found that wonderful description here on this forum). My intention for joining ATS is to, hopefully, learn some new things, hear different peoples' perspectives and politely discuss and/or debate subjects with people that interest me; perhaps even gaining some friends along the way. If there is anything else you'd like to know (within reason), I'd be happy to respond to you below. That's all I wanted to say, really. Thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightseeker83
If there is anything else you'd like to know (within reason), I'd be happy to respond to you below..

Have you got a thing for Pippa?

Sorry, that's just me being me. Welcome aboard. If you need any advice, this site is HUGE, feel free to u2u(private message) any time.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

link   
reply to post by Lightseeker83

Welcome..hope you find many interesting threads to be a part of.

link   

Guten Tag Lightseeker...

I'll be honest with everyone: I'm not the best at intros

Liar!

Your intro was great and I look forward to reading your posts...and make sure to do research before laying claim, or I will terrorize you.

Cya in the trenches...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey! Welcome to ATS, I just joined yesterday
. I've been perusing this site for a few years though, so I'm not a total and complete Noob. I hope you find some of the info you seek. What kind of topics are you most interested in delving into?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Joined today however ive been reading and following the site for a year or so its defenitly got a lot of information that can be hard to find elsewhere.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
welcome..i like your comment about being open minded..another one is you got to stand for something or you will fall for anything lolthe truth is out there!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! If you are going to post here you've defenitly gotta have an open mind

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Sorry for taking so long to reply, Intrepid. And that also goes out to everyone else who has responded to my topic. I'm still getting a 'feel' for things here and my Internet connection isn't the fastest. I'm pleasantly shocked by the amount of responses, though. Thanks, people.

Pippa? You'll have to excuse my ignorance here, my friend, but I have no idea who that is. No need to apologize, though. It's great to meet you and thanks for the support - I will definitely get in touch if I have any problems. All the best.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you very much, Night Star. All my best to you.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Cheers, Gabby2011. I'm sure I will... well, that was what drew me here in the first place. All the best.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Pippa Middleton. Kate's sister and maid of honour. She made a helluva stir over here.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Hey, Facelift. Guten Abend! Thanks for your kind words. Glad you liked my intro. Oh, and don't worry - it's not my style to go in, all guns blazing (so to speak) claiming this and claiming that. I understand the difference between opinions and facts and will be sure to make that distinction in my future posts. I'm quite an easy-going and humble person, really, so no fear of any unnecessary confrontations or attitude problems from this account. If I make a mistake, I expect people to correct me. No worries.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SheepleHerder153

Thanks for leaving me a response, SheepleHerder153. Nice to meet you. I'm open to learning about most things, but my interests generally fall into topics such as spiritual phenomena, earth science and the whole concept of extraterrestrial life interacting with us. I'm also interested in history and archaeology, though I admit being far from even a novice in these subjects, so don't test me lol. May I ask the subjects that interest you here? Not because I want to compare, I'm just genuinely interested. All the best.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ah! Gotcha. Sorry, I can be a little dense sometimes. I enjoyed watching the wedding, but I'm not really a royalist. I miss Diana, though - she was lovely.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by aeduan

Couldn't agree with you more on the difficulty in finding the good information here elsewhere. I also like the fact that there are a lot of people here who are open-minded yet still retain their sense of logic and common sense. I think that makes for a wonderful forum. The subjects here can get quite philosophical in nature, and without those around who can keep cool and level-headed, the topics can quite rapidly escalate into paranoid fantasy and delusion. Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum, too.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Thanks for the welcome, Granpabobby. Yeah, I like that saying, too. Thanks for that.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, brother! Your name seems to suit you very well: Both your pic and your posts have a very pleasant "light" coming off them.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks very much for the welcome, The Gut. And thanks for your nice comments about my posts and my picture - a number of other people have said the same thing to me, believe it or not. Apparently, my "light" or aura or energy or whatever you want to call it is very serene and usually imparts a feeling of peace or relaxation to those who are sensitive to pick it up. If this is true, I'm glad to bring that to this forum. Take care, my friend.

new topics

top topics

join