It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photo: Self made fake, easy to debunk?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Great picture OP, a few tweaks and it will look even better.

Heres a quick one (low quality) I've just done in Vue 9 Xstream

Nothing is real.

edit on 9/6/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

Now that looks awesome. People have to remember that there are those like myself, who have no idea how to photoshop, and rely on people who do to tell us if pictures are real or not. That's why these days, I prefer looking at videos, but even then there are people who are really skilled with video editing and fx. I'm sure there are lots of fakes out there, but I will and continue to keep an open mind that there are real ones too

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I could quite easily create an almost perfect hoax photo...

...But I won't.

I think this topic is understandably interesting, but also quite dangerous. While information on how to Photoshop is widely available on the net, what we're actually doing is discussing and showing "how to create a hoax photo" within a conspiracy website, specifically the 'Alien & UFO' forum.

I don't think this is a good idea.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

I could quite easily create an almost perfect hoax photo...

...But I won't.

I think this topic is understandably interesting, but also quite dangerous. While information on how to Photoshop is widely available on the net, what we're actually doing is discussing and showing "how to create a hoax photo" within a conspiracy website, specifically the 'Alien & UFO' forum.

I don't think this is a good idea.

To be honest I was going to post when other started posting there attempts that its not a good idea to be posting realistic UFO's without atleast putting writting over the top to show its fake like I did. People if you are going to post pics like the ones shown that do look very real please put text over like I did otherwise people will spread them and start to believe they are real, that was not my intention. Its just so people see no matter how real it can always be faked so dont go saying proof after seeing a real looking photo lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

It's not just the photos, it's the whole discussion...the angle is wrong.

Should have been more like:

Debunking hoax UFO photos

A topic regarding known hoax photos, and detailing how and why they are confirmed hoaxes.

The reason I created this was to see how easy it is to create a daytime fake UFO photo which is hard to debunk.

Why?

edit on 10-6-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

It's not just the photos, it's the whole discussion...the angle is wrong.

Should have been more like:

Debunking hoax UFO photos

A topic regarding known hoax photos, and detailing how and why they are confirmed hoaxes.

The reason I created this was to see how easy it is to create a daytime fake UFO photo which is hard to debunk.

Why?

edit on 10-6-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

Ok I do see where you are coming from, I could have worded the whole thing a lot better. Also I wanted to see how hard it would be so next time I or another memebers see's a UFO pic they will think ok so maybe it looks very realistic but I remember that thread when members posted some very realistic fakes so maybe I should do more research before deciding from a photo.

My intention was for me and perhaps others to get a broader perspective on the whole visual proof element of these sighting. As some people have stated some of these photos would of been passed of as a genuine photo so now they will be more critical before thinking its genuine.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Ok I do see where you are coming from, I could have worded the whole thing a lot better. Also I wanted to see how hard it would be so next time I or another memebers see's a UFO pic they will think ok so maybe it looks very realistic but I remember that thread when members posted some very realistic fakes so maybe I should do more research before deciding from a photo.

My intention was for me and perhaps others to get a broader perspective on the whole visual proof element of these sighting. As some people have stated some of these photos would of been passed of as a genuine photo so now they will be more critical before thinking its genuine.

I totally understand, but I think dissection would be better than recreation.

Maybe go through the 'Hoax' forum and find some pics that have been proven to hoaxes. See how they were proven to be so, and create some points/tips for identifying hoaxes. Then other members can contribute other ways to help spot phoney pics.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAnOddFuture
reply to post by ObvTruth

Its funny, when a reply like mine is made to a thread posting a video/photo thats legitimacy is undetermined and somebody makes a similar post as mine, its perfectly fine. When that sentiment comes from the other side of the fence its not okay.

It was a terrible fake.

Even if it was terrible in your eyes it doesnt mean you have to be rude about it. Those are the types of posts that start flame wars.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Although, a "Fake" disclaimer can always be cropped (or photoshopped) out of a photo by someone. If a person is going to do something like that, there's not much that's going to stop them

Also, as for people using what we say here to create better fakes... if someone's going to fake a UFO photo, then I don't think they need us to tell them how to do it. Either someone's listening to us because they suck at faking something like this, in which case they're not going to be able to create a convincing fake anyway, or they're already going to know how to create a convincing fake, and nothing we say is going to make them any better at it.

Besides, no matter what we say, there are always things that give away fake images, and no one who wasn't going to be able to create a convincing one before is going to be able to do so after reading this thread. I don't think we have much to worry about.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How about this one? One can see hundreds if not thousands of these on the forums, and i can assure you, this one is fake. i created it using some stylize options.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

clearly these aliens have the ability to make their ship appear to be a puffy cloud

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I seem to have forgotten to add the iconic red circle. Here it is:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I used to go out and do fake UFO photos, these CGI/Photoshop ones are much easier to debunk than just throwing up a disc shaped object and snapping a photo. People can tell when it's a real physical object as opposed to just CGI, unless you're James Cameron or something

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hm, the image was taken from a recording i made of a thunderstorm, maybe i should try to do a a small edit with those 3 white spheres using after effects, and see the results. I think i would get pretty close to videos showing similar orbs of moving "light"

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vulcanic

red circle needs more pixels, you also forgot the red arrow pointing out the ufo for those who can't seem to get the significance of the red circle.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join