It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
in case anyone is interested... he is singing a vocalised version of Ennio Morricone's track Gabriel's Oboe from the film The Mission.

It's one of my favourite pieces of music ever and usually makes me cry at it's sheer beauty.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wow ! such a great voice, I never heard voice like that, ever. His days of selling gum and energy drinks are over.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....where woud he even learn a piece like that?..But hey, I'll buy into it I guess, unless I hear evidence it's just a put on....I suppose it's possible. I'll choose to believe it, for now....I guess I can't always be a cynic. That's not what I found odd about it though.....What I found odd was that he apparently sold 'energy drinks and gum' on the streets!!! Say What?!?!?! That's just downright surreal! I guess I'll just assume it must be a cultural difference....I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

You are either born with the voice or not.....I could take 5 million dollars worth of opera lessons and never be this good.

Money can't create talent..

True, but you can have the most amazing voice in the world and not be able to sing an Opera piece written in a foreign tongue....that takes commitment and knowledge to pull that off.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

People, don't fall for this kind of public stunts.

So, ok, you have a talented guy with a sad history.

And now this lovely system of us will give him a chance. Oh how great is our system. How great we are.

This is the message people get out of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

People, don't fall for this kind of public stunts.

So, ok, you have a talented guy with a sad history.

And now this lovely system of us will give him a chance. Oh how great is our system. How great we are.

This is the message people get out of it.

The system is far from being perfect, that is obvious if you hear this guys past life.
Star and Flag, the singer gave me goosebumps and that doesn't happen often.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Since when has a good singing voice been linked to financial prosperity ?

If he grew up in an orphanage and lived on the streets, then that doesn't exactly preclude the possibility that he has artistic talent.

Why is everyone getting all gooey about this ?

I don't get it.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

He has an amazing voice.

I'm not afraid to admit I shed some tears watching this video. What a touching story.

I hope this lovely young man gets to experience the bright future he deserves.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Prometheus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Since when has a good singing voice been linked to financial prosperity ?

If he grew up in an orphanage and lived on the streets, then that doesn't exactly preclude the possibility that he has artistic talent.

Why is everyone getting all gooey about this ?

I don't get it.

That's right, you don't get it.

Thanks for displaying your ignorance.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by hillynilly

Well there I have to totally agree with you. I'm not saying this isn't a total fraud, it might be. Even the news is a total entertainment BS production. But I don't have any reason to believe this guy's background is not what they say it is. Many famous people have been plucked off the street simply because it really does make great TV.

Noted Individuals Who Have Experienced Homelessness

They don't have to pluck anyone off the street, they just make the crap up with anyone.
Look, it is already admitted it was TOTALLY edited for sensational value, I don't believe
anything that comes out of the crap box... Hook line and sinker people. It is utter BS

You "don't believe anything that comes out of the crap box" yet you made the decision to watch this video anyway. Video which was taken from the same "crap box" you distrust. Why watch it then?

I know why, you just wanted to come on here and have a whinge didn't you.
God people like you are annoying, finding the negative in every little thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
cough cough.. ugh .. RIGGED cough cough... excuse me..

Yea, I'ma say that that show is rigged.. how a kid living on streets ten years have that voive? hes been groomed.. Yawn.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this kind of crap bugs me, there are millions of kids in harder circumstances than he ever faced and we're all gonna stop and take notice, applaud and cry and sympathize just because he can sing?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It's not correct to say that people with operatic voices must have had some previous training.

Some people just have naturally good voices. It's perfectly possible, through self-cultivation, to hone your voice into something of remarkable aesthetic beauty.

I'm not speaking through personal experience, by the way.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prometheus9

What ''ignorance'' ?

Artistic ability is not defined by socio-economic factors.

In fact, if you got all gooey and became a crybaby watching this guy singing, then, dare I say it, that displays a certain amount of ignorance and prejudice on your part.

''Oh, I'm going to cry now, because someone from an unfortunate background doesn't fit my preconceived idea of who I think they are''.

Anybody who cried over this video needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
cough cough.. ugh .. RIGGED cough cough... excuse me..

Yea, I'ma say that that show is rigged.. how a kid living on streets ten years have that voive? hes been groomed.. Yawn.

The results are in and he won it?

I suppose you will start a thread soon about how Susan Boyle is an undercover super sleeper spy from the CIA that will assassinate the royal family if they step out of line, and she didn't even win it!
edit on 10-6-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Great that he won the competition, deserves it imho.

Does it matter if it was rigged, or that the facts could have been manipulated for the show?

To have a feel good moment is a positive.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....where woud he even learn a piece like that?..But hey, I'll buy into it I guess, unless I hear evidence it's just a put on....I suppose it's possible. I'll choose to believe it, for now....I guess I can't always be a cynic. That's not what I found odd about it though.....What I found odd was that he apparently sold 'energy drinks and gum' on the streets!!! Say What?!?!?! That's just downright surreal! I guess I'll just assume it must be a cultural difference....I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.
i dont care if this offends you but man you must be a retard.

where do you live man? USA? Australia ? Britain? or any other western bull# society?

Go experience the world man for the love of god.

WHat do you think other parts of the world live this bull# work 9-5 system they have made for us?

in some parts of the world kids sell guns grenades and drugs and you find it hard to believe some kid sells energy drinks and gum?

shame on you man.

ATS - " deny ignorance"

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....*snip* *snip*..I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

Do you know that the world isn't the same everywhere? I have seen kids selling meat on an old wooden cart on the side of the road in Kuala Lumpur, energy drinks are easier and they probably sell more.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Gosh this makes me so angry... HE HASN'T WON IT YET!!!

The show like started last week.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What ''ignorance'' ?

In fact, if you got all gooey and became a crybaby watching this guy singing, then, dare I say it, that displays a certain amount of ignorance and prejudice on your part.

''Oh, I'm going to cry now, because someone from an unfortunate background doesn't fit my preconceived idea of who I think they are''.

No. YOU need to take a long hard look at yourself because you come across as an ignorant twit.
Do you even read what you post?

How is being moved by this guys story viewed as a bad or ignorant thing?

While you sit there and make condescending comments in an internet forum like a complete dumbass, this kid has the guts to get up on stage in front of millions to display his talents. This guy's trying to make something of his life in the face of adversity, why is that so difficult for you to understand?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

What ''ignorance'' ?

No. YOU need to take a long hard look at yourself because you come across as an ignorant twit.
Do you even read what you post?

How is being moved by this guys story viewed as a bad or ignorant thing?

While you sit there and make condescending comments in an internet forum like a complete dumbass, this kid has the guts to get up on stage in front of millions to display his talents. This guy's trying to make something of his life in the face of adversity, why is that so difficult for you to understand?

No he is not because the whole story is fake..

He is not trying to do a DAMN thing in the face of *adversity*
HE IS A STAGE PROP.

A FAKE fabricated story...

The ignorance in people who believe this crap is downright sad..
Then down fall someone who isn't being a little BAH BAH black sheep
toting that *oh so magnificent I WAS CRYING* crap line..

edit on 10-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join