It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+121 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is the story of a young man who had nothing. He ran away from a violent orphanage at a very young age and even slept in public restrooms. He wandered the streets for a decade with no family, or friends. But he has survived the streets and now he shares his story with the world.

edit on 8-6-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the link.

Goes to show that no matter where you come from, talent is always found within!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Very touching and moving story for that young man. It is so nice to come on here at times and see such a feel good story instead of the usual stuff. This guy could have easily fallen into a life of crime having been on the streets for so long during his young and impressionable years yet he had the inner strength to do something positive with his life and is chasing after a dream. I am very interested to find out how he fairs in the rest of the competiton Thank you OP for finding and sharing.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What a lovely and talented boy!
TY for sharing Virt... very nice thread!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Man, some poeple were meant to really live on this earth.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Dear Sir, thank you for posting this video. You make my day

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....where woud he even learn a piece like that?..But hey, I'll buy into it I guess, unless I hear evidence it's just a put on....I suppose it's possible. I'll choose to believe it, for now....I guess I can't always be a cynic. That's not what I found odd about it though.....What I found odd was that he apparently sold 'energy drinks and gum' on the streets!!! Say What?!?!?! That's just downright surreal! I guess I'll just assume it must be a cultural difference....I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wow very awesome.
I'm glad I watched this.
I'm not usually a fan of the talent search/idol shows but
this was really heartwarming.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

My friend, sometimes we don't need proof or verification to enjoy the talents of individuals. You have your talents, I'm sure. It's best to just enjoy them and be thankful we each have something to offer.

It keeps us sane in a world that's ever maddening!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Beautiful voice! I cried, an "appeal to emotion". I can see the audience looks like lots of women crying, too.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

thank you for this its not every day my faith in humanity is renewed.every time i think my life sucks im gonna look back and rember this and think if this kid can do it we better be able to

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

ok the guy can sing especially considering he learned alone, applause & respect for that

but come on people this is really really bad -meant to make sheeple cry- tv, how they use his story to set up and raise the emotion (against his will) of the public is well over the limit of decency: the voyeurism of reality tv at its best; (i confessed it almost worked on me too) = they (the tv producers) use him for their profit.

i'm happy for him though: he probably scored the girl in the jury after that and he should be sorted now money-wise which is great;

but his biggest challenge as a human and an artist is now: to not losing his soul to this stupid marshmallow sub-zero-culture that is destroying the real essence of art; i hope he'll see through the perversion that those "contests" really are.
edit on 8-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I GUESS ANYONE SHOULD SEE THIS
i´m crying like a child

Very Nice Find

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
These are the times when Angels will appear to us so that deep inside we hear the real music; when our hair stands on end and we get that deep knot in the back of our throat, then we know there is something wonderful about the very existence of Life!

I could feel it and he brought a tear to my eyes too!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Sir, you most definatly live up to your name by finding and presenting such a gem as this...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

If you can’t imagine kids selling gum on the street in your city? I’d move if I was you. Your town is seriously crippling your imagination.

Good example - it’s hard for you to believe a kid from the streets can sing opera. He’s got talent, natural talent and his heart shines through just as distinctly as the fact his voice is not trained is obvious. And really, with his head not filled up with video game crap and television, useless information taught in school? Who’s to say he can’t hear a song once, and know it by heart from there on out. It’s possible, most probable.

Anyway, just as a ‘cultural thing’ - where I live? Kids sell little packages of Kleenex on the road.

And please, don’t take my reply to you as a personal attack. I’m actually trying to help you out.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

These are the times when Angels will appear to us so that deep inside we hear the real music; when our hair stands on end and we get that deep knot in the back of our throat, then we know there is something wonderful about the very existence of Life!

I could feel it and he brought a tear to my eyes too!

Exactly my thoughts. First thing that came to mind was 'angel - this kid's got to be an angel'. That a cast off piece of humanity gives so much of himself in his song should teach us all a great lesson. And it's not for me to tell you what that lesson is.

Thank you again to the OP for posting this incredible piece... God bless all, and the wonderful young man...

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
ahem....I seem to have a little something in my eye after watching that. (I'm a man, they're not tears!!)

What a strong young man. I wish him all the best, the guy deserves a break. Let's hope this is it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
and with that performance
me thinks he'll never sleep
on a toilet ever again unless
it is of his own choosing.

And just for a moment there
I thought I was hearing Pavarotti
re-incarnated.

chills and tears

edit on 6/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Very inspiring This guy need not be overlooked. Great voice, from such a background.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join