It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple unveils 'spaceship' campus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Apple CEO Steve Jobs made an unannounced visit to the June 7 City Council meeting in Cupertino, home of the computer giant, to reveal plans for a new, state-of-the-art Apple headquarters, reports the Cupertino Courier.

The stunning design resembles a "spaceship;" it will be four stories and house 12,000.

Steve Jobs makes surprise presentation on new hi-tech Apple headquarters

Pretty cool and kinda gay all at once. Just thought I'd share this monumental use of money.
edit on 8-6-2011 by keepureye2thesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

I'm not following your logic. What about this is gay?

Are you saying steve jobs has come out of the closet?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

I'm not following your logic. What about this is gay?

Are you saying steve jobs has come out of the closet?

"There is not a single straight piece of glass in this building," says Jobs.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't understand what you mean. Nothing in the article mentioned anything about homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

"There is not a single straight piece of glass in this building," says Jobs.

This could also refer to the glass not being high on drugs. But I'm going to assume that it means the shape of the glass. At least that's what maturity is telling me.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Touche for creativity.

On the actually building I find it to be a good design. Hopefully it will benefit.I don't see any problem here.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
cool, always inventing themselves them apple guys. i am not a mac/apple/iCrap consumer, but it looks kinda cool.
if gay means "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy" as wikipedia recognizes then yes, it is kind of gay. otherwise, behave.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef1f09b206d3.png[/atsimg]

Here is a money shot from the video.

David Grouchy

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I think I laughed harder at the responses to this post. I dont think he meant "gay". Not in the literal sense. And yes...I kind of agree

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Pretty brilliant idea. Have the city help fund a project that benefits the both of you ecologically, economically, and improves perception. Man he has balls, I liked how he basically threatened them by saying he'd take their tax $'s elsewhere

edit on 8-6-2011 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
These are the types of things that need to be done all over the country.

eco centers within cities not only provide the city with a touch of nature, the centers could be modified for food and water production.

The amount of jobs would be endless if our gov't stopped making wars and started rebuilding our infrastructure.

This stuff is the future right here and we need to demand more of it. Thier taking an area that was covered by 20% trees, grass, flowers etc... and thier gonna make a bulding that holds 12,000 employees and cover the area up with 80% trees, grass, flowers etc....

Imagine if every corp did this in the world ...... would thier even be a carbon footprint left to even talk about.

I hope it kick starts something and the building looks more like a building from the Jetsons cartoon just on the ground.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Finally seeing more trees in building design... Kudos to Mr Jobs & his architects.

I yearn for the day when all structures are built with a focus on trees. Too many have been cut down in the last 200 years and the general population don't seem to care.

I always wonder about the merits of "taxing carbon" as a solution to our planets environmental woes. As we have removed >70% of the planets trees in the last 200 years it would seem to be a major contributing factor to higher levels of carbon in the environment.

/ enviro-bitch

Sorry, I'm getting OT but I was thoroughly impressed by the building design and its green footprint.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think its pretty cool looking and i say good on them doing what they are doing how many people do you see trying to help the environment

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Will it have bombproof toilets?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I dig it. I want a house like that although obviously not as big. To have a garden in the middle of the house would be awesome.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RexamusI liked how he basically threatened them by saying he'd take their tax $'s elsewhere

edit on 8-6-2011 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

The old tax threat gag. Brilliant!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't think NASA would agree, that it "looks like a spaceship".

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He meant GAY as in stupid, not GAY as in HOMO.

Watch South Park people! (Harley Riders be damned)

It would be awesome if Jobs got in contact with The Venus Project, this could be like their flagship (no pun intended).

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
why is it that everything jobs sells the public is deemed cutting edge and innovative? if it weren't for Apple, the beatles would never have been known and now, thanks to the brilliance of Jobs and his crew we can finally appreciate a building that looks like a modernized Pentagon.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
I dig it. I want a house like that although obviously not as big. To have a garden in the middle of the house would be awesome.

rest assured, Apple will be selling idonuthomes in 2014. Of course, the first one will come without toilets but, six months after you move in, they will come out with idonuthomes2 which have a toilet that doesn't flush. Six months after that you'll get the model with flushing toilets and some time in 2016 you'll get itoiletpaper too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join