It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's good to know who ATS really works for...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've talked to a few people who have said that they can't star some of my threads or posts. So to see for myself I made a new profile on a different computer and had the same problem, but no problems however starring anything else.

Today, I discover that in an attempt to discredit me, a word was taken out of my OP:
"And some other inside jokes they do to make fun of Americans because they know nobodies [paying] attention"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I SPECIFICALLY remember typing that sentence, nice try though.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

So 'they' removed the word 'paying' to discredit you?

The amount of times I've missed words out of sentences after rereading many times. It's quite a common issue, your brain is jumping ahead and adding in the words you missed as you know what it's meant to say.

Nothing to worry about here...

Not sure removing that word would do you harm anyway...

edit on 7-6-2011 by dsm1664 because: MISSED WORD OUT

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
lol how does that one word discredit you?

Do you really think you're that important?

Do you know making a sock puppet account is against T&C's?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

So 'they' removed the word 'paying' to discredit you?

The amount of times I've missed words out of sentences after rereading many times. It's quite a common issue, your brain is jumping ahead and adding in the words you missed as you know what it's meant to say.

Nothing to worry about here...

Not sure removing that word would do you harm anyway...

edit on 7-6-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

I know I skip words sometimes, but like I said I specifically remember typing that sentence, and rereading it several times. I remember reading THAT word.

The whole point of the thread was that the planting of ideas, and the mocking of Americans is done on a daily basis, and how obvious it is. That word would be a key word to take out as it ironically 'plants the idea' that I don't pay attention.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

It was somewhat of a task to star you!

I guess by not getting the star's 'revenue', I'm guessing you won't have much media space made available to you? I don't know how the star system works anyhow, by golly. And it ain't fair that a post like mine can get star'd- and a well written post like yours are; I'm finding rather consistently in other threads...written well.

Flagging was a mouse click, star'ing wasn't. Crappy!

ETA:
Oops. Board and Biz/Intros don't do stars--->I'll face-palm myself

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Wow...really? The nobody is an universal personality and only born in America. I will be watching to see what happens to this thread. I am unable to give you a star. *

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
lol how does that one word discredit you?

It doesn't really, as a lot of facts are presented, but I can see why it would be done.

Do you really think you're that important?

I guess so.

Do you know making a sock puppet account is against T&C's?

It's not a sock puppet account, it's a temporary account used for conducting an experiment.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
So...ummm...no, nothing of what you're suggesting is making one lick of sense to me - and I've been on ATS, and a Member of ATS Staff since it pretty much began.

thread locked - if you have a genuine query/complaint/accusation, then utilise the Complain Link in your Member Centre.
edit on 7-6-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

join