It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What say you, ATS?

I find this hilarious and a tad bit disturbing. A bunch of stupid kids feeling that they can be a part of something by sitting down in front of cars in rush hour traffic getting run over. You sit down in front of a car that is moving, PERIOD, you are in danger. Some of these people (drivers) have families to provide for, some even may have emergencies. I do not feel sorry at all for them, they deserve it for their stupidity.

"Oh boohoo, war this, war that, let's sit down in front of cars in rush hour traffic!
"

As for the others, lying down in front of a car is again, just plain stupidity, and blocking people's cars with bicycles is again, asking for trouble.

They all got a reality check, maybe they'll do something more productive. I don't care about pro-war, anti-war, pro-choice, pro-life, whatever, just don't do stupid things about them.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Protest has its place, but in the end is really just a limp wristed way of admitting that you are powerless to anything about the problem you are protesting. It follows that such an admission would lead to such stupidity.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
it's extremely irrationally to sit down in front of any moving machinery. Even if its for a statement. It's extremely retarded. These people think people won't run them over. Of course they shouldn't be ran over, but peaceful protests are extremely illogical. As well as violent protests. Protests are pointless because voices aren't heard, regardless if there is media coverage or the people believe they are being noticed. IT WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. Until people start coming together creating solutions that are far more thought out than sitting and standing around buildings yelling catchy slogans, sitting in front of cars
, and believing they are doing something beneficial, enjoy your 'change'.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Indeed. I find it no different than the Rachel Corrie business. You kneel down in front of a bulldozer and bad things are going to happen to you. Thats the thing with shields, including the human type. They get hit with things, thats kind of their purpose.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Freakin' hippies always trying to protest things. This doesn't even make sense, they're protesting a war by laying down in front of people's cars who have some place to be so that they can contribute to society. This is just a bunch of idiot kids that are trying to be a part of something bigger. I hate people that protest something without a cause.

They deserve it if they get run over. If they did that to me I wouldn't just lay on the gas, I would drive slowly and deliberately. If they were smart they'd get out of the way, if not I would slowly roll over them.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
When you sit in front of a car during rush hour, you may want to expect being run over.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If you want to make a statement when you are small in numbers you may want to disturb society by obstructing rush hour.
Is it really that stupid to asume another person won't run you over with his car? What excuse would you have for not stopping, considering you might seriously injure or even kill a father, husband, son, friend or whatever.

I'm not saying it's a smart move to sit in front of a car, but a blog is just not gonna cut it if you want to make a statement.

+46 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Explanation: Uhhhm?

Don't pedestrians have right of way OVER vehicals? [Or does jay walking laws supercede them?]

If yes, then the drivers need to be done for assault with a deadly weapon.

Personal Disclosure: Protests are ment to cause pain for the society! Its what they are for! The protestors know this... and the extreme ones are willing to put their LIVES on the line! There is nothing wrong with that! Its their life after all!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Indeed. I find it no different than the Rachel Corrie business. You kneel down in front of a bulldozer and bad things are going to happen to you. Thats the thing with shields, including the human type. They get hit with things, thats kind of their purpose.

It also tends to underscore how human sacrifice is still the respected institution it has always been. Just like the Mayans, this nation is headed in the same direction, and this unfortunate love of sacrifice is a big reason why.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They may have been inspired by the Tiananmen Square incident, but still, it's a bit silly.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

reply to post by OmegaLogos

Go protest at a military installation, not by sitting in front of people's cars who have productive things to do.

Hell, protesting at a military installation would be more productive if you're willing to give your life up like this.

It is also illegal to block traffic.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Cars trump people, pickup trucks trump cars, semi's trump pickup trucks, trains trump semi's.

People are road kill if they dare cycle or walk on a road because...

erm...

well, we're in a hurry.

+46 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Can you people really not see what they are doing? It's just like the monks who burned themselves to death.
People don't listen unless you do drastic stuff.
These people have probably been protesting for nearly 10 years. It's nice to see people doing something new instead of sitting in front of their computer complaining all day.
The people doing this obviously don't care if they die. They aren't dumb, they have morals and they are sticking with those morals until the death. It's something to be commended, not laughed at.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

If society doesn't care about a war, because it is overseas or whatever, maybe people need to be made aware that there is more going on in the world than a 15 min traffic delay.. (Yes 15 minutes because that is when they will probably get arrested)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's kinda s***ty that the commentator called the guy in the first video a coward. I think he was a hero. Now those idiot high schoolers probably won't be doing such foolish and pointless protests.

People need to learn that their voice will not be heard. Does anyone think for a second that our government is going to say, "hey, these random high school kids reckon we shouldn't participate in a war, we should listen to them." The only thing it does is cause a major inconvenience and annoyance to everybody else. Maybe they should move to a middle eastern country where they'll actually have a reason to protest something.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Well it sure looked like they cared about it after they got run over and everyone ran after the people who ran over them. I don't think the monks poured water on themselves after lighting up. They knew what they bargained for and accepted the consequence.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

I agree, but this method is inconsiderate to the average joe.

Protesting with the intent of self-sacrifice by blocking traffic is not the way to go (sacrifice as the above poster stated), but protesting at a military installation puts you in a confrontation with the militaries themselves. If you get shot, you get what you asked for, and it will be on TV or youtube. Imagine the headline:

US SOLDIERS SHOOT CITIZEN TEENAGE PROTESTORS DEAD

How bad is that, compared to:

OLD MAN RUNS OVER TEENAGE KIDS BLOCKING TRAFFIC

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by j-man
If you want to make a statement when you are small in numbers you may want to disturb society by obstructing rush hour.
Is it really that stupid to asume another person won't run you over with his car? What excuse would you have for not stopping, considering you might seriously injure or even kill a father, husband, son, friend or whatever.

I'm not saying it's a smart move to sit in front of a car, but a blog is just not gonna cut it if you want to make a statement.

It would have been far more safe and effective had they protested in front of their Congressman's office. The commuters would have been much more appreciative as well.

+44 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't like the current trend of this thread.

do not protest that inconveniences people..protest in areas that create no effect.

you are powerless, just accept governments rule and don't bother protesting..don't bother drawing attention to anything..just submit and accept.

Yes, I understand...laying down in traffic seems like a pretty dumb thing to do overall...in every crowd there is some psychopath that will gladly ride over people. do things that won't result in death when that idiot makes himself known..so, whats some good alternatives then? chaining yourself to buildings? laying down in mass on sidewalks? whats a good compromise that won't end up in graves, but will cause significant attention..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Can you people really not see what they are doing? It's just like the monks who burned themselves to death.
People don't listen unless you do drastic stuff.

Did you watch the second video?

The truck was moving forward and the lady and some guy at the last minute ran over there and put themselves right underneath the front of the truck and he drives forward. I know it's a protest but what idiots and then after the driver pulls forward and runs them both over they then have the kahonies to ask him " What is his problem?"

As if he is at fault.

I mean, if they are willing to lie down in-front of a vehicle they'd better be prepared to be ran over.

BECAUSE that's exactly what might just happen!

edit on 6-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join