It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilean Volcano Erupts - Inactive for half a century!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Chilean Volcano Erupts

A volcano in southern Chile erupted causing a large areas in Chile as well as Argentina be be evacuated. It's been noted that the winds were blowing east, pushing the ash cloud over to Argentina but now, according to Valdivia's newspaper, they're claiming the winds are pushing north, covering even a wider area with thick ash and smoke.

I lived down in that area - no one EVER thought that volcano would erupt. There is DEFINITELY something going on. I'm in shock right now.

You can see some more images from the eruption below in this link below (it is in Spanish but the pictures can be understood by all.)

Volcanic euption images - spanish report
edit on Mon Jun 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit to title SHTF

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AtleeElmont

Those images are crazy, menacingly beautiful I might say. I pray for everyone's safety over there, but I have to ask what you think may be going on? Not being argumentative, just want clarity on your statement is all. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here are a few more articles about it in english.

Caulle Cordon

Just ash so far it looks like. Lets hope it stays that way.

Amazing images of the lightning, etc.

And some video

edit on 6/6/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thought this picture was interesting from the link you provided. Sort of looks like a upset Indian chief.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55e7e0454eb6.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 6-6-2011 by JustBreathe11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

Those images are crazy, menacingly beautiful I might say. I pray for everyone's safety over there, but I have to ask what you think may be going on? Not being argumentative, just want clarity on your statement is all. Thanks.

If you like those check these out!!
Holy cow they are amazing. I like the sunset one best.
And the ash is like snow.
World Latin America

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't really understand why a volcano erupting surprises people, even if it hasn't for awhile. Half a century of inactivity is a drop in the bucket. Mt. St Helens exploded in 1980 after nearly 100 years of inactivity. Luckily the area was not heavily populated. Rainier could blow literally any time and if it blew toward the west it would be catastrophic.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

My personal belief is the fault along Chile must be starting to put pressure. After the Japan quake, that fault must've shifted, putting pressure on the volcano's caldera. Everything is connected. It's just now starting to spread.

I welcome all theories to this thread! Let's put the pieces together, guys.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Live

One thread is already up for Chile volcano ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace ..
edit on 6-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absum!

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

If you like those check these out!!
Holy cow they are amazing. I like the sunset one best.
And the ash is like snow.
World Latin America

www.bbc.co.uk...

You were right, those pictures are better. I personally like the lightning shot but the sunset is a close second.
Thanks for the link.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The sleeping giants have awakened, so much volcanic activity these days I swear it feels like I am living in a disaster movie. You have the people who are a bit looney predicting all the crazy stuff, you have the researchers who are proving things with hard facts and then you have the shills and skeptics disproving things with out facts lol and even disputing things that are brought to the table by researchers who have the facts and then you have things everyone can see, like the volcanic eruptions, earthquakes in odd places, floods, series of killer tornadoes etc. I'm telling you it's like living in a disaster movie lol

top topics

join