It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs Alive and well in Greece... Wait.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This sounds totally ridiculous I know, but just hear me out. I have no proof and have never seen a real dinosaur with my own eyes, nor would I ever claim to believe they still roam the earth, I'm just describing a very strange conversation I've had with three different Greek guys. And if anyone has seen my posts and threads in the past they will know I'm not one who easily digests Skunk Works type topics.

Anyway, about four years ago I was speaking to a friend of mine who is Greek, he lived in Greece until he was around 16. I'm not sure which part but I'm pretty sure he mentioned it being rural.

We got talking about all sorts of stuff and somehow got onto political corruption which led on to topics about conspiracies and then somehow led onto the mysterious and in turn, cryptozoology. I can't remember exactly what we were talking about as I've said, it was around 2007 in a crowded coffee shop.

Eventually he opened up as I could see he wanted to tell me something, he turned to me and said that he saw a dinosaur whilst living in Greece, he described it as a velociraptor type animal, fast and jittery in movement. He said it was a fairly bright green colour and that he'd seen it three times in his life.

Once whilst staring out of his window on a very hot day where he'd been sent to his room as a child. He said it just ran across the adjacent field and into the under growth.
A second time he went camping and had seen it from around 20 foot away, still and eating plant in amongst the forest.
The final time he said that it emerged from the river as if it had been bathing and quickly ran to the undergrowth.

My friend described this as a dinosaur but said it looked like it was something other than just a dinosaur. I'm presuming he meant it was like a dinosaur but not one that he could directly identify with (from TV), but it was more like a raptor in shape than any other. He also said it seemed nervous and ran away a lot, he didn't sense fear or any apprehension that it might attack.

I laughed at the time and just thought he was trying to fool me, he's not really that kind of guy though, just very quiet and a recluse almost.

I soon forgot about the tale up until recently when I got talking to two Greek guys at a hotel bar in Ireland. They were from Thessaloniki I believe and for some reason I mentioned that my Greek friend once told me he saw a dinosaur in Greece, this was after they told me I must come to Greece to see the country side and beautiful architecture. To my amazement their faces looked shocked, they didn't laugh as I expected them to and spoke amongst themselves for second. They then told me that my friend may be speaking truth and that I shouldn't disbelieve everything that sounds unbelievable. The broader of the two said it and seemed almost angry. I told them I'm actually a very opened minded person but the pair didn't speak any more about the dinosaur. They started laughing and joking more amongst themselves and then stopped speaking to me all together. I found it weird, but then again what I said was weird.

I know this sounds very odd and probably like BS but it happened and I'm honestly puzzled. My initial thought was that they were winding me up after I said about the dinosaur, but I thought I'd post up what happened to see if anyone knew of any crazy stories/myths like this from Greece? I've had a brief search but can't find anything dinosaur related.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Scope and a Beam because: typos

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Since dinosaurs are from the past. This creature will have a different name since its probably a lizard/reptile type animal

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Probably just some genetic experiments they tagged and let run loose to see how they would fare.

On a more serious note: I keep hearing these stories occasionally. And though I seldom take them seriously enough to look twice at them. Some of them do seem to come from at least sane sources.

I read a story a while back about some soldiers who believed they saw a classic pterosaur in iraq. IF the story is true, I believe they saw something, but a pterosaur? Wow.

So who knows, maybe we have some off the grid geneticists playing around.

edit on 6/6/2011 by Klassified because: spelling police

ETA: Tried to find it. No go. Figures. I'll keep looking.
edit on 6/6/2011 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Not crazy at all.

Frantic police chase snarling, rampaging dinosaur from 2011-04-17.

Theropod and sauropod dinosaurs sighted in PNG? from 2010-10-05.

I am sure there are more out there.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

UT oh! They must have escaped from inside the hollow earth!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Interesting articles, perhaps there may be some truth in it after all.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Oh yeah. This is different.
Next time you speak to your friend, ask him where this happened.
There's a few Greeks on here, so some digging can be done.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is the first time I've heard of anything like this coming out of Greece. Definetly not the first I've heard of people seeing creatures that are supposed to be extinct from the jurassic. Google Pteradons Guantanimo bay.
Live in the desert of So. Calif. Apple Valley, Seen some unexplainables flying around out here at night.
An example would be the set of talons that flew right over the windshield of our car one night. West bound on Bear Valley blvd. We couldn't see what they were attached to but the talons were bigger than my hands. And I have big hands. No exaggeration because the wife said it first. I like to tell her it was just an owl. But I really don't believe that.

top topics

join