It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UFO? No, the future of our cars! Prototype spaceship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

UFO - Citroën

Ora-ïto has na­t­u­ral­ly imagined other mo­d­ules to join the ini­tial pro­ject. A cont­i­nu­i­ty of the imag­i­na­tion al­low­ing to mul­ti­p­ly ac­tions and give another re­flec­tion to “Evo­mo­bil”. He has cre­at­ed «UFO» which is in­spired by an icon­ic car from Cit­roën. The DS mod­el com­mon­ly used by the presi­dent is now en­rolled in­to the «ge­net­ic trans­for­ma­tions” from Ora-Ito artis­tic vi­sion. The ve­hi­cle is based on the fu­ture of tran­s­port mixed with one of the most fa­mous cars in the world.

UFO sculp­ture al­lies the dream to the for­mal, the fu­ture to the tech­nol­o­gy. The idea to work with sev­er­al en­ti­ties al­lows all the «ge­net­ic trans­for­ma­tions « to spread a uni­ver­sal mes­sage to the car in­dus­try through his artis­tic vi­sion and new di­rec­tions nev­er in­vesti­gat­ed be­fore.

Read the full article with all the photos here

Curious to know what kind of energy it will use...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Too bad we will never see one in our lifetime even though it was invented years ago. Pity.

Did you notice it looks like a computer Mouse? A one - button mouse (cordless)?

That's what it looks like to me. All that's missing is a giant hand to move it around and click the button.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Plus did you notice how all of these future flying car concepts are nothing more than poor rip off's of the old disk-saucer ufo examples?

Obviously a disk shape is one of the best shapes.

That's why we are copying it. Yes, we humans copied it.

There are historical accounts detailing this type of flying technology for longer than humans have had airplanes or hot-air balloons. Way longer.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Plus did you notice how all of these future flying car concepts are nothing more than poor rip off's of the old disk-saucer ufo examples?

Obviously a disk shape is one of the best shapes.

Well design is always about peeking round the corner, since the UFO phenomenon and the connection between alien tech and our own "basic" understanding of physics, its the preconceived idea that things we dont know are more advanced, this sort of kills our own natrual creativity - and i blame MARKETING for this.

Do you think Tesla gave a flying fornication what his device looked like, as long as it worked?!
edit on 5-6-2011 by Biigs because: spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is not a 'prototype' so much as it is a model/sculpture.

If you look through the rest of the pics on the site you linked you can see this was an art project.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Curious to know what kind of energy it will use...
None, it's just a design concept.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's been a while since a french president used a DS. Last I heard he had a stretched Vel Satis, although the newish Citroen C6 is a bit of a marvel. I had a Vel Satis for three years and it is quite something, as was the Safrane before it. French presidents probably now have a dilemma for choice, there is so much good stuff homegrown about, and powerful too. As for the homogenous disc shape, well it's not really all that good for flying or much else on its own, is it!

top topics

join