It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The View from a padded cell: alternate realities, multi universes and dimensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is the 2nd in the padded cell series
the first was The View From A Padded Cell: Taking a look at Greek Mythology

2 Threads of mine that may be of interest. In relation to this topic

Illusions seeing behind the mask of reality

Groundhogday and timeloops plausability and how would we know?

I’ve always had a curiosity on the feasibility of alternate realities, multi universes and dimensions. Am I just having some sort of flight of fancy? Possibly, however it’s a curious thought none the less. One documentary that peaked my interest again was done by the BBC, in 2002. It maybe of interest to some of you.

Parallel Universes

I also found this paper – a lot of big words but it does make interesting reading lol
THE EVERETT FAQ

A lot of this stuff is heavily debated in the world of physics and mathematics, some say it’s possible, others say improbable etc, but still people like me question it, are we just to wrapped up in the fantasy?
More from people of science and stuff

Russian cosmologist Alex Vilenkin 2007 interview

Want to know how the world is going to end? Just ask Russian cosmologist Alex Vilenkin. If it’s our own universe you’re talking about, well, it’s called the big crunch, and it’s going to be hot hot hot! But if it’s the multiverse, that infinitely expanding, infinitely varied and infinitely populated sea of universes, well, guess what — there is no end. Isn’t that reassuring??
Vilenkin is Professor of Physics and Director of the Institute of Cosmology at Tufts University, and also the author of a new book, called Many Worlds in One: The Search for Other Universes. He’s also a former zookeeper. And – lest I forget – he was blacklisted by the KGB…

Intresting PDF on parallel universes by mark tegmark

I came across this blog and really he can say it better than I could as it mirrors what I think

what if there are energy forms in a parallel dimension that we are aware of. They come through to us but we cannot enter their dimension in our current human state as flesh and blood. So only as an energy form would we be able to enter? If the soul, being the life energy of the body, can inhabit the body until the body ceases to be able to contain it, next it is released in a pure energy form then it stands to reason that it would be able to go to places where a human body could not get into. It is like trying to physically squeeze an orange through a straw. It will not work until you get rid of the body and then the juice will go through the straw with no problems. People scoff at aliens, the soul, ghosts and so forth but I have to wonder. Could ghosts actually be inter-dimensional beings? Perhaps we run across the barriers once in a while and there is a clash or meeting between the two realms? It would make sense if everything is in accordance to the “M” theory that there would be meetings like these of parallel universes or dimensions. The life forms in these dimensions may be just as shocked and terrified of other energy encounters as we are. There may be another one of you, somewhere in another universe, dimension, time or space. That is not to say that the person is the same as you. There may be different laws there, different morals and judgment values. The “you” may look like you but not act or be governed by the same rules that you are here. Knowing that the universes actually do exist is amazing in itself but the things that happen in them can be unlimited. It sure can explain a lot of the things that we deem paranormal Then I have to wonder how to cross the barriers of these dimensions? I believe it possibily could happen and may have happened a few times like with JR. Tolkin who claims the Lord of the Rings was written off something he had seen. He claims to have stepped into an alternative reality and witnessed these things. Many other people have claimed to cross into these other realities but it is not something which happens frequently. Could it be some type of energy flux that allows this to happen? A vortex maybe or a smashing of the membranes that allows a temporary access to these realms?

Alternative Dimensions and Universes

Many physics for years have all spoke of their belief in alternate realities, alternate dimensions etc could there actually be some sort of truth in it? There have been reports from people all over the world who have apparently experienced such things. One such would be the ultimate stories surrounding the The bermuda triangle and how people have toyed with the ideas that it is some sort of portal to another place.
www.lifepositive.com...
anybodythere.net...

There are many other sites etc that investigate the Bermuda triangle and its theories, even some here on ATS. Of course there are other places around the world that have had similar anomaly.

There are many movies out there that touch on this subject , many books that have been authored and also many papers submitted by scientists on its plausibility I touched on some of these in 2 of my threads
Illusions seeing behind the mask of reality

Groundhogday and timeloops plausability and how would we know?

What do my fellow asters think about such theories? are they simple flights of fancy or is there a plausibility in such theories.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yes many cultures have stories about the lands though the mist, behind the veil where time stands still.
when they return their family is much older then when they left/
the faerie lands of Avalon.
I wonder how many have passed the mists them selves into a world so simila to the one they left that they didnt even know it untill it was too late to go back.. and would they want to..
there is no beginning or end, its fractal turtles as far as the eye can see from where im standing..
man i love reality at the moment, its so trippy, i wouldnt want it any other way

From one added cell to another, great post and enjoy the ride.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Perhaps we run across the barriers once in a while and there is a clash or meeting between the two realms?

funny, i just watched a video called The Spirit Molecule where, in a study on the effects of dmt, volunteers who were injected with dmt describe breaking through to other profound realities. chk out the video....

Spirit Molecule (teaser)

this is a trailer. haven seen the whole video yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Going to save this for futher reading, as the topics you discuss and elaborate on are topics dear to the hearts of many people who don't spend their time watching reality-shows and other dumbed-down media. These are the topics which should be at the forefront of education and broadcasting, thanks for presenting this.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Your avatar is winning...until a mod or someone in the know reports you. Then, I'm afraid, you'll be in deep Brown 25.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuned Agent

Its is kind of obvious lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think the universe and multiverses exist within the parameters of mind..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
perhaps related to this theory, today on the way home i read in the free paper we get on the bus about scientists discovering possibly a white hole i couldn't find the exact article i read but here is extracts from similar ones. The reason i put this out there is that certain people believe that black holes are some sort of time hole, everything gets sucked in (inc time), now scientist believe that these white holes could be created by a black hole and everything the black hole ingests (so to speak) would be spewed out by the white holes but in a different time and space, or even into a different dimension(does that make sense?) so at least in theory, time travel would be possible using a wormhole? or traveling to different dimension would be possible?

now i realize this is just highly theorizing and the probability of doing such a thing is extremely low, however what if?

what does everyone else think?

heres a bit about it

You ever heard of black holes? He is a dark gap in space which suck all the things around him and threw him to the nothingness of space. Now some scientists say that once there is evidence of the opposite of black holes.

The opposite of black holes, white holes do not suck things around but spewing out material coming from the middle of nowhere into our universe.

Our own universe is a strange place, and the black hole is one of the most bizarre thing that is present in it. But mathematically, a black hole should be reversed, that is, there is something that spew material, do not suck.

On May 27, 2011, white holes operate with a different mode with a black hole. They suddenly appear for a short period of time. They then threw a number of materials into their own universe and then collapse, forming black hole and then never looked back.

Behavior white hole like this is very difficult to observe. But researchers believe they have found one of them.

read for rest onestop-news.com...

Here’s where things get interesting. A gamma ray burst back in 2006 didn’t fit with our understanding of where they come from – its long duration (102 seconds) meant that it had to be created in a supernova explosion, and yet there were no supernovas there for it to have come from. Its discoverers actually said that “this is brand new territory; we have no theories to guide us.”

Now, five years later, it’s being suggested that we might actually have caught sight of a white hole. The fierceness and duration of the explosion could well fit with a white hole briefly popping into existence, spewing out some matter, and then quickly collapsing into itself, resulting in this massive explosion. Although it’s not the most likely explanation – after all, it invokes something that many astronomers have concluded is exceedingly unlikely, verging on impossible – it can’t be immediately discounted.

www.omega-level.net...

similar

White holes are the opposite of black holes, objects into which nothing can enter but are constantly spewing out matter. They were thought to be completely hypothetical, more a mathematical oddity than a real thing...but we may have seen one.

digg.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It is exactly as you say, from a higher dimensional perspective, we can see time as a series of patterns, according to various planets and travel between those planets.

Needless to say, Earth is not a very stable planet.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Ultimatley, nothing is ever destroyed, only recreated.

Perhaps, galaxies form in another dimension, and become physical in the far reaches of the universe, the entire universe turning itself inside out in a cyclical fashion.

There could be an infinite number of these, like a hyperdimensional sponge with various bubbles appearing and reappearing in other places.
edit on 6-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

It is obvious...if you've seen The Groove Tube.

I do not mean to derail this thread OP, it is an interesting read.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuned Agent
reply to post by OwenGP185

It is obvious...if you've seen The Groove Tube.

I do not mean to derail this thread OP, it is an interesting read.

lol your forgiven

new topics

top topics

join