It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Delinquent Homeowners to Get Mortgage Aid from Obama Administration

page: 12
14
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3
 


Please read what I wrote-- you're misunderstanding what's going on here. You're playing directly into the spindoctors' hands- you're on ATS, remember? We think critically here and get suspicious when we're getting encouraged to blame the guy down the street instead of the real problem.

Don't be duped, ATS people! You know better!




posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Link: Delinquent Homeowners to Get Mortgage Aid from Obama Administration


The Obama administration wants to help more struggling Americans stay in their homes by reducing the amount they owe on their troubled mortgages, a top Treasury official said Saturday.

"We are very definitely trying to facilitate more principal reductions," said Timothy Massad, Treasury's acting assistant secretary for financial stability. "It is a very important piece of the overall solution," he said.

The administration is trying through taxpayer-funded programs to prevent homeowners from losing their homes. Nearly $50 billion has been set aside from the $700 billion bank bailout known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP, to help distressed homeowners.

If you follow the rules and pay your bills, your taxes will go up to pay for those who cannot.

We are screwed as a nation.


Obama is bailing out delinquent home owners with taxpayer money.




Vote for me and I will set you free!!!



Hope, Change, and Mental Breakdown!

edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)


When I signed on this morning (with dread) the first thing I was the background page advertising this Werewolf TV Program BS and thought, did my generation do this to this generation? When I go to the store, I look around and see a lot of fat, sloppy and basically very unattractive people and when I do see a good looking woman, she has a tattoo and is dressed like a whore, is this my imagination? The I decided to just count how many people in the Starbucks line stood up straight, am still looking for the first.

I was a banker, investment banker and mortgage banker for almost 25 years; not the kid who was selling cars last year and now wants to refinance my house but a real MBA with not only an Engineering degree I sat in classes for almost 5 years to get but my MBA from Stanford, none of which I obtained with a GI Bill or loans from anyone, including help from my parents. When I was a Branch Manager in the S & L days, I had personal underwriting ability to $500K and $1M with a Sign Off from another VP and later as a Regional VP could endorse loans upto $1.5M on just my signature. Today a Branch Manager at B of A is typically a woman with underwriting ability to $1,500.00 with regional approval....is any of this my fault? Did I make this generation into "Nothings"?

You drive new cars and live in 3,000 sq ft cracker boxes and only know how to do a couple of things well, is this my fault? Your generation voted for Obama and Bush Jr. is that my fault? You put up with all kinds of crap and let this country be turned into a nation run by liars cheats thieves and whoremongers, is that my fault? Is it my fault your self serving, self deluded mongrels and and don't have a pot to piss in?



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Link: Delinquent Homeowners to Get Mortgage Aid from Obama Administration


The Obama administration wants to help more struggling Americans stay in their homes by reducing the amount they owe on their troubled mortgages, a top Treasury official said Saturday.

"We are very definitely trying to facilitate more principal reductions," said Timothy Massad, Treasury's acting assistant secretary for financial stability. "It is a very important piece of the overall solution," he said.

The administration is trying through taxpayer-funded programs to prevent homeowners from losing their homes. Nearly $50 billion has been set aside from the $700 billion bank bailout known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP, to help distressed homeowners.

If you follow the rules and pay your bills, your taxes will go up to pay for those who cannot.

We are screwed as a nation.


Obama is bailing out delinquent home owners with taxpayer money.




Vote for me and I will set you free!!!



Hope, Change, and Mental Breakdown!

edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)



Let me summarize your point;

Waaaaah! You gave Timmy more pudding than me!



The culprits who profited, are all speeding away in yachts, and you want to worry about pillows on the lifeboats?

There are people who MIGHT get a bit more than you, who you think MIGHT not have earned it. But then again - these people were usually getting screwed by high interest rates when they earned loans that would not blow up on them.

>> But regardless of merit, what is wrong with people who are throwing a fit about someone getting a bigger life boat when we are ALL drowning? We've got filthy rich bastards who made Billions of dollars on mortgages that they KNEW would not be paid back, and then even more bundling those with insurance and using it for more financial Shenanigans -- seriously, the ENTIRE shortfall in mortgages is under $65 Billion -- the huge financial problems had little to do with the original mortgages.

I seriously do not get the psychology of people, who worry about "welfare" or "unemployment" -- there is NO proof that such programs hurt the economy. All that money goes back into the economy -- there are no "food stamps" being used to buy foreign autos or invest in Chinese companies are there?

Before you worry about a few dimes going to people about to go bankrupt (because it will COST THE GOVERNMENT MORE if they do in almost every case), maybe you could worry about having a 2% tariff on foreign imports while those major exporters like China and India have 22% and 40% import tariffs respectively... maybe you could worry about the FACT, that there would NOT BE A BUDGET CRISIS, if we had the same tax policies as we did in 2000,... maybe you should be bothered that for every dollar of Tax "relief" that the top 1% enjoyed, foreign INVESTMENT from US went up $2.



I just have to blow a little fresh air in this "anti government", anti-socialism parties from time to time. Because eventually, people with the opinions like the Parent Post, vote. According to all this "theoretical free market" nonsense that keeps getting kicked around -- when we had the highest taxes, the most unions, the MOST government oversight on banking, trade and business -- it could not possibly have happened that we had the fastest growing, most powerful economy in the world.

After 2001, our taxes on the top margin of the country became lower than at any point since BEFORE the Great Depression -- about 9.5% on Gross income (yes, forget the nonsense that corporations keep feeding you -- those are the stats). We got involved in TWO WARs (for those of you who still believe the nonsense that WW II had ANYTHING positive to do with our economy -- no, it did not, and it should be blatantly obvious to anyone that a building a bomb does not have a BETTER impact than building a bridge -- don't strain to hard thinking why).


In the 1940's, Both the Rich and the Poor prospered -- but the rate of growth for the poor was greater than the rich. IN the 1980's -- the "alleged" great economic times, taxes were lowered and then "raised" for the middle class with a doubling of SS taxes and "self-employment" tax -- but nobody noticed because the rich people who owned our media were quite happy. The growth of the wealth of the top brackets took off, and the middle and lower classes merely kept pace with inflation. Meanwhile, women went from having the "right to work" to being required to work, in order for the family to keep pace.

In summary; everything -- everything, that the "Conservative" economic theory that passes itself off as some sort of thoughtful science says that should destroy an economy, was rampant after FDR and was still in play with Nixon (Domestically, he was MORE Liberal than Obama -- and I defy anyone here to try and refute this claim -- and you are required to use ACTUAL FACTS and programs and tax rates if you want to try).. Everything that is SUPPOSED to help with the economy; like gifts to the haves, and "austerity" for those lazy poor people -- failed miserably and collapsed the economy in 2008.

>> Please note; all those in favor of "more austerity and family values" -- the Dark Ages have already tried those theories of yours. I prefer to live in a society with a few check and balances on people who can decide "what they EARN" with their buddies on a board of directors. I don't think we have to chop their heads off, and I think that a 3% increase in top marginal taxes isn't even a hair cut for them.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkitekt
Some of you people really disgust me.

Not nearly as much as people begging for handouts disgust me. I guarantee that!


Originally posted by Sparkitekt
To assume that many of these people were irresponsible and worthy of losing their homes is outright selfish and ignorant.

To assume that people are entitled to have someone else pay for their home is outright selfish and ignorant!


Originally posted by Sparkitekt
Given the circumstances and what has happened in recent years to the economy, you ought to show some compassion for your fellow neighbor.

What circumstances? 91% of the people are still employed. Of those who are losing their homes, why is it MY responsibility to pay for it? Nothing is stopping them from getting a lower paying job, and downsizing their lifestyle, until things improve. I have compassion for my neighbors, but I would NEVER expect any of them to pay MY mortgage!


Originally posted by Sparkitekt
Regardless of what taxes you're paying, you'll never feel the pinch, for you're losing money you haven't seen anyway.

This makes NO sense whatsoever. So, are you saying that pay taken out of my check prior to it hitting "net" isn't an impact? What kind of logic is that? Please, explain this moronic comment.


Originally posted by Sparkitekt
Get over yourselves already.

No, get over YOURSELF and quit expecting someone else to pay your bills! Really, you aren't that important, and don't deserve for me to pay YOUR way.


Originally posted by Sparkitekt
I'm a homeowner, and a business owner. I almost lost my home and my building where I practice architecture. I was lucky enough to eventually find a buyer willing to take my office for a reasonable asking price. But that doesn't mean I'm making it big at the price I sold it for. I had to take loans, refinance, personal loans, damnit I even had to ask family for help just to keep myself and my employees afloat. Do you think I was able to manage all of that by being irresponsible and careless? Bottom line, s#it happens, and when you're dealt a bad hand, you make the best out of what you've got.

Practice what you preach. You're right, s#it happens. Now, quit asking for handouts and deal with it. If your business is failing, then figure out why, and either change, or go out of business. Don't expect people to subsidize you. If I sold turd flavored lemonade, should I be subsidized? NO!


Originally posted by Sparkitekt
I pay taxes quarterly...What's my thought on that? Eff it, everyone else does too...So me whining about the many that abuse the system won't get me anywhere but down a long road of bitterness and anger toward a face I've never seen.

So you pay taxes, so what? But, by your logic, it's okay to pay your taxes and not be angry when it's being used to bail out bums? No, I'll get angry. I wonder if you teach your children RESPONSIBILITY. Would you be upset if your kids blew all their money on crap, then wanted more money given to them? I'm sure you try and teach your kids about fiscal responsibility. Why is it different for you? Why is it different for others?


Originally posted by Sparkitekt
Stop ya bloodclot crying, and man up bitc#es.

Look in the mirror.


Originally posted by Sparkitekt
There are MANY families that need and DESERVE to be helped out. I hope you'll never have to stick your hand out for help, because as karma goes, you'll get the same help you've given.

Nobody DESERVES anything. Show me in the Constitution where it says that. Seriously. Yes, there are many people in need. However, it's not the government's job to mandate it. I'll give to who I want to give to, NOT to who the government says I should.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3
 


Please read what I wrote-- you're misunderstanding what's going on here. You're playing directly into the spindoctors' hands- you're on ATS, remember? We think critically here and get suspicious when we're getting encouraged to blame the guy down the street instead of the real problem.

Don't be duped, ATS people! You know better!


Duped? In what way? I have a family on my street that went though this. They didn't pay their mortgage for 6 months, eventually got it reduced. Meanwhile, they went out and bought a Harley and an old car that they've been sinking money into restoring. They whine about not having money, yet they ALL have cell phones, cable TV, etc. Really? It comes down to PRIORITIES! There are people in the inner city that crank out kids like an assembly line, then wonder why they're broke? They want more money, more money, give me more money. No thanks. It's time people live within their means (whatever that is), and QUIT BORROWING!!!!!

I have 2 vehicles. Both were purchased with cash. One has 250,000 miles on it. The other I bought new. I saved, and bought the car. I didn't go to clubs. Didn't eat out. Pretty much lived WELL within my means. In fact, I saved enough to buy 80 acres of land in Wyoming and another 10 acres in Kansas. So, why should I pay their bills?



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma
 


What are you trying to say; "Get off my lawn!"?

You are a skilled MBA banker -- you think this ISN'T partly your fault?
I know all about MBA training in colleges -- the economic theory of "supply and demand." According to you, "most people" only know how to do two things well... that right there is YOUR OPINION.

MBAs were a coveted group a decade ago, because they were taught that "everybody else is an assh0le." I'm sorry if that sounds crass -- but it's the best way to describe it. The other training of little use in college is "management" -- because you learn to analyze if people are introverted or extroverted, and all sorts of things that abstract the concept of "respecting people." Motivation is about making someone feel like they have a chance, and can make a difference. The only difference between motivated and unmotivated people in this world is (in most cases); one person had an opportunity and success in life and one person didn't. We all "struggled" in high school and college -- ALL of us. We all had to pick ourselves up after getting knocked down. It wasn't the person who "kept on trying" that only made it -- by and large, it was a person who had others helping them up.

Despite what we preach in this country; the UPWARD mobility in the USA -- back in 2000, was about 40% -- I'm sure it's gone down from that. In Denmark, it's about 80% and in the rest of the "socialist" Europe, around 65%. So, a poor or middle class "citizen" in Europe, has a better chance of "getting ahead" than in a country of Freedom like America where we have MBAs and the only people brilliant enough to run Fortune 500 companies, or get recruited from to the CIA, are 90% from Harvard, Yale or another Top 10 School. It isn't that Harvard and Yale are the great thinkers in the world -- many countries who followed their economic advice are now serfs to the WTO and World Bank -- it's that they have lot's of former club members who only consider that their club's "poop doesn't stink."

>> Maybe the PROBLEM in America these days, is that we taught all our kids that "everyone not like us is an A$$hole." And we grew up arrogant, and not giving back. WE thought that poor people needed Charity -- rather than an EQUAL education and opportunity.

You know what's wrong? That I see one Veteran of a war, begging for food or to keep his home -- ONE, while we lower taxes for the top 10%. Not until every corporation has paid every war debt, should we EVER go to war--- because "accidentally" fighting in Iraq, does not benefit me. It benefits BP and Exxon and Shell and they will sell their oil on a world market and that price will be increased by Futures Contracts by Wall Street "geniuses" who make more than I do in a year between now and next Monday.

"Supply and Demand" is a concept used to justify high salaries for some, and huge profits -- but it has ZERO to do today with how money is "made" -- 40% of the profits in America are made by Wall Street paper pushers -- and almost NOTHING by those who make goods and services that are actually needed. Insurance, Credit Cards, Weapons Production round out the "top four" -- where is there a shortage of supply of Paper, Plastic Cards, and bombs that cannot be created by more bits of paper, plastic and bombs?

You enjoyed the "top position" in a society that is getting stratified. A society that uses vouchers to pull money out of Public Education, and then put it in Private Education that only the TOP 10% can afford. "Education" is greatly affected by environment; where kids have involved parents and other students ready to learn --- they learn more. So private Schools, that have a barrier of "more cost" and higher requirements, can have a monkey teaching the kids -- and they will get better grades.

Short-changing the Have Nots has been going on and surprise surprise -- the idea that the "rich are just better people than you" is a self-fulfilling prophesy. Short term -- you have done great. You drove on roads paid for by higher tax rates in the 60's and 70's. You got rural plumbing and and infrastructure designed in the 50's.

Most people, even the "losers" collecting Food Stamps -- and yes, I talk to them. Know quite a more than Two Things Well.

Lot's of people stopped all those "socialist" TV Programs that were commercial free. They put "free market companies" in our Schools to sell kids food, and to "subsidize" their books, which became outrageously expensive. Then these same people who pushed out all the "socialist brainwashing" of our kids, complain that since Marketing corporations have filled the vacuum, they can only think about Justin Bieber and slump in line at a WalMart. The Churches, and the WalMarts and the Stupid TV Programs, filled the void when all the Social Engineering was removed in the 1980's. Media corporations were no longer required to be "accurate", responsible, or to pay much back for the use of the air waves. You cannot sue a News Organization for pushing out falsehoods.

WE don't have standards protecting kids from the food they eat. So what happens? They get fat. And then these same MBA geniuses say; "Well, they could have CHOSEN to eat better -- that's a choice!" Yes, the Free Market, doesn't allow us to know that one piece of corn is genetically modified, and there is a budget cut so we don't have Science telling us about diet. And the home where both parents work 50+ hours a week, are too tired so they just buy from McDonalds, and leave their kids occasionally at home alone because they can't afford baby sitters... those are those slack-jawed masses who have screwed everything up.


>> This is EXACTLY the stupefied society that the "great and powerful elites" in this country were setting out to create. And the screaming against Public TV, Arts and Music and "culture" and removing all these things that were called "Liberal" because it was easier to make it political than say; "WE don't want any non-commerical culture anymore."

Why oh why, did Madison Avenue hire MBAs and spend Billions on advertising if it wasn't eventually going to make people want things they didn't need? This is EXACTLY the arrogant, stupid culture that the "free market" creates and we've been costing on the infrastructure that was created when we cared about the Common Good.


>> Maybe, just maybe, everything you thought was Right was Wrong, and maybe, just maybe, this society is screwed up because you and I took more than we gave and didn't look out for the little guy when we should have. Maybe, Americans are NOT the best, and smartest people in the world -- and everybody else is just trying to get ahead like us, given the situation they are in.

I'm using "YOU" in the generic sense, so don't take this personally... but maybe, you (or I) are LUCKY more than you are smart, and you should have appreciated that, rather than listen to all the people who told you, that you were a Genius and Successful because you were better than everyone else. I'm born into a White, Upper Middle Class Home in America in the mid 1960's -- I was already ahead of 99% of the planet. The kid born in Ethiopia, regardless of genetics, motivation, and family values, is much more likely to go hungry, poor, and ignorant. The MAIN difference between us; schools, roads, trains, infrastructure, other educated people who are our neighbors, and a justice system that at one time, made people believe there was fairness.


>> So we squandered all that. The Justice system does not work on war criminals or wealthy robber barons -- it only convicts people for sexual indiscretions if they MIGHT do something for the common good, or people who feed hungry people in a public square in Orlando Florida. Yes, in America, the justice system cracks down on an organization like "Food not Bombs" for feeding the Homeless, while Dick Cheney profited from war, and moved his funds to Dubai to escape taxes. I'm sure some really smart, productive MBA Accountant helped him and is well compensated for his genius.

Meanwhile, society goes to hell, and all the satisfied people wonder "how did this happen?"



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3
 


Please read what I wrote-- you're misunderstanding what's going on here. You're playing directly into the spindoctors' hands- you're on ATS, remember? We think critically here and get suspicious when we're getting encouraged to blame the guy down the street instead of the real problem.

Don't be duped, ATS people! You know better!


Duped? In what way? I have a family on my street that went though this. They didn't pay their mortgage for 6 months, eventually got it reduced. Meanwhile, they went out and bought a Harley and an old car that they've been sinking money into restoring. They whine about not having money, yet they ALL have cell phones, cable TV, etc. Really? It comes down to PRIORITIES! There are people in the inner city that crank out kids like an assembly line, then wonder why they're broke? They want more money, more money, give me more money. No thanks. It's time people live within their means (whatever that is), and QUIT BORROWING!!!!!

I have 2 vehicles. Both were purchased with cash. One has 250,000 miles on it. The other I bought new. I saved, and bought the car. I didn't go to clubs. Didn't eat out. Pretty much lived WELL within my means. In fact, I saved enough to buy 80 acres of land in Wyoming and another 10 acres in Kansas. So, why should I pay their bills?



NOBODY is actually asking YOU to pay their bills. REALLY, the owner of the BANK that ripped these people off, and the MADISON AVENUE genius who uses commercials like a CIA psi-ops to get people to go out and buy Harley Davidsons, and the Churches that get corporate backing to tell people to BREED LIKE RABBITS so that there is lot's of cheap labor around to drive down the cost of a worker (like you).

Seriously, YOU will likely not be affected if we were REALLY going back to fairness. However, those between $100,000 and $300,000 who MIGHT think they are the wealthy that "us Liberals" are trying to attack are the ones most screwed by the Republicans. Once you make a Million a year -- your taxes and burden go down a great deal. You can hire those smart accountants to work the system.


>> So stop thinking YOU are going to be hurt by bailing out someone who was trained since birth to become a consumer. YOU ARE ALREADY HURT and the damage has been done. The question is; How do we get out of this mess?

Tax the fat cat, who made money on ignorance, so that the ignorant consumer who used their house like an ATM doesn't have to go bankrupt. If you NEIGHBOR, goes Bankrupt -- what do you think will happen to YOU? The house becomes abandoned -- nobody is going to buy it because housing prices will be lower next month and those with the extra cash are all sitting on it (these past two years have been the MOST profitable in decades for the top corporations). Your schools will be getting less revenue, and will have to "cut back" to tighten the belt. Your state will have less revenue because you've lost a taxpayer. Crime may increase because of the empty homes and increase in transients.

Meanwhile, the Rich Bankers and others who profited by this mess, will spend money promoting candidates and Radio Talk show hosts who will blame your neighbor. You know, the guy who's family is now living with the Grandparents somewhere and doesn't have a job. At some point, we have to PAY so that our neighbor is not ignorant, and does not waste money and does NOT get taken advantage of.

.... And I'm here blogging and saying very unpopular things about Taxes and Society -- because I'm totally scared of what is going to happen when the "we can't have Socialism!" crowd is out of work, has lots of ammo, and is still listening to people like Glenn Beck. While we've got lots of talk on the TV talking about "the controversy" of what to do, they don't point out that we didn't have to "tighten our belts" during the 1990's to hand George Bush a surplus. Tax people a HIGHER rate at the top, make imports more expensive, and start putting money into education instead of warfare while controlling predatory capitalism like high health insurance rates, high credit card fees (when the banks pay almost nothing for the money), and protect our children from having too much marketing, junk food, and religious propaganda before they can make up their own minds.

And YES, it's also about the churches, because 90% of the "anti global warming" nonsense comes from "Good Christians." Where do you think all this anti-science and faith-based economy nonsense comes from?

Right now, the real threat to America is a further slide into fascism -- and our current "1 Party with a pretend rival" system -- more than any other, is following the well-proven steps to do it. Firing teachers, attacking whistleblowers, freeing the corrupt and prosecuting anyone in their way with trumped up charges while they give tax breaks to the organizations that pay their campaign donations.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3
 


I do appreciate what you're saying, and yes we all know people like that. My point is that this in no way describes all people and, in fact, there is a serious problem of people initially getting screwed over by the servicing companies. There are legitimate grounds for class action suits against the servicing companies and the banks and the government ought to try solving the problem by prosecuting the criminals and allowing homeowners who have been the genuine victims of truly illegal practices to recover damages against the banks. No need for taxpayer bailouts, you see.

As far as some of the people who seem to be simply being irresponsible- again, some most certainly are and I know more than a few. But there also are some people who have tried to be honorable, pay their bills, work with creditors and actually are good upstanding citizens like yourself. But the abuses and bad faith from the banking industry have genuinely wronged them, and they simply give up trying to fight (because far too many of their neighbors simply have dismissed them as the bum down the street who won't pay his bills rather than listen to what's been happening) and so, what the hell- go buy a Harley.

I'm not in any way suggesting that every homeowner is blameless in every way. Nobody is blameless in every way. I do know exactly the sort of person you're referring to. The point I was trying to make is that, right from the start of the "crisis"- the media and government (both owned by the banking industry itself), put an immediate spin on the situation that encouraged people to see homeowners in trouble as something sort of subhuman. This chilled me to the bone- and it is extremely disturbing to see it here on ATS.

On this thread, may we please at least have a general acknowledgement that the homeowners now in trouble are not just the ones who "never should've been given a mortgage to begin with", etc. etc.), but people who have suffered directly from the economic problems the too big to fail banks caused and continue to cause, and also are being victimized by the servicing companies that are indeed engaging in serious violations of the law.

Put the blame where it belongs- on the banking industry and the political and media pocket lint that protects them by convincing too many Americans that the guy down the street is the cause of all this.

We don't need bailouts- we need prison sentences and class action lawsuits.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
If you follow the rules and pay your bills, your taxes will go up to pay for those who cannot.


If you cause the problem (banks), you walk away with billions and everyone just blames eachother based on political and financial divides, because they would rather get mental and attack other Americans than make the least bit of sense at all.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31


What the hell is wrong with our president!

He is dumber than George Bush Jr.!




I wonder if he asks questions with exclamation points...

Last time I checked, Obama could formulate a sentence that includes actual words. That immediately puts him above both Bush Jr. and Sarah Palin on the "intelligence scale"
Not that I agree with anything Obama is doing, he is forcing the taxpayers to pay for a problem that the banks created, and they already have all the money and keep taking it even though the services they offer are just pathetic, that's how our country got in this financial mess in the first place. However, being "Ad Hominem" and just saying he is stupid is... well... stupid.
edit on 6-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31
 


hmmm. have you thought this through? If all of those people can't pay their loans, the banks don't get money, this happens enough and the banks get in trouble. The banks get in trouble, they have to be bailed out (again) or they close their doors. Not to mention they would stop lending. People on the bottom can't get loans, can't hire people. People can't spend money. If people don't spend money, business don't make money. Instead they lay people off and then those people can't spend money, and then business don't make money.....See where I'm going?

The system falls apart and then finally, just maybe you'll understand why we have to do this. Most of the "handouts" which we've seen are designed to empower the middle and lower class with buying power. So that those on the top can make money and hire more people.

Economics 101.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar
 


You're right, and that's a splendid idea!



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood
 


Thanks for saying that- well done.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm generally a pretty understanding and compassionate sort of person so this post is something of a departure from my usual character. However, I would dearly love to see some of the clinically self-obsessed contributors to this thread kicked out of their jobs tomorrow morning through no fault of their own and then onto the street in the pissing rain once their banks foreclose. Perhaps then they could demonstrate their admirable self-reliance and "responsibility" from the comfort of their brand new cardboard box in a disused shop doorway.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoTolstoy
 



I think you might be missing the point on some of the posts against this latest bailout. I've got nothing against the working class stiff that worked all his life for his home getting "help" if he gets laid off, ect. I think what people have a problem with is people that bought homes that they knew they could never afford expecting the government to bail them out. There's a big difference between people buying homes they could afford and people buying homes they knew they couldn't ever afford.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
Last time I checked, Obama could formulate a sentence that includes actual words. That immediately puts him above both Bush Jr. and Sarah Palin on the "intelligence scale"
However, being "Ad Hominem" and just saying he is stupid is... well... stupid.
edit on 6-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)



Guess you've never hear obama without his teleprompter huh? obama's a bumbling idiot without a script to read. just check out the videos. lol.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by Chance321 because: vids taking too long to load for some reason?



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
Last time I checked, Obama could formulate a sentence that includes actual words. That immediately puts him above both Bush Jr. and Sarah Palin on the "intelligence scale"
However, being "Ad Hominem" and just saying he is stupid is... well... stupid.
edit on 6-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)



Guess you've never hear obama without his teleprompter huh? obama's a bumbling idiot without a script to read. just check out the videos. lol.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by Chance321 because: vids taking too long to load for some reason?


If you want to talk about bumbling idiots, check out your last president.

Obama is a veritable public speaking GOD in comparison



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
I watch the HGTV shows where people choose between three properties to buy. "Oh, honey! I can't have a kitchen that doesn't have GRANITE countertops!". Over and over again, I see young couples just starting out, insisting on all the bells and whistles in the house they buy. How in the world can they afford a 2000+ square foot home in an upscale neighborhood? You just know they are going to be upside down on their mortgage in no time. Is there no common sense in America?


Exactly!

Heck on paper, I *could* be living in a 5000+ square foot home, with all the bells and whistles.

HOWEVER I have grown kinda partial to things such as runnign water and electricity, maybe a dinner out.... or even you know.. food.

Don't even get me started about those dolts who whine about lack of granit counter tops.. Whatever happend to hard work, saving and upgrading. What a novel concept!

I blame the 'everybody gets a trophy' generation.. but that is for another rant/thread.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I joined ATS a couple of months ago because the people on here seemed to be intelligent, open minded and above all fair.
I've read every post in this thread and have never been quite so disgusted with the sod you jack I've done well attitudes that seem to be prevalent here.
I've ammended my opinions of most of you today and not for the better, not that most of you will care what anyone else thinks of you just because they haven't got the same amount of money, nearly everyone on the site talks abut the ELITES, but in my opinion thats what you are. You know who I'm talking about, we've got money, you haven't, you're scum that particular mindset. YOU ARE NOT BETTER, you are more fortunate and only a very small percentage of you with money have the intelligence to realise that.



posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well said, I agree with you. They talk about getting rid of the elites! Freedom for everyone YAY! Great days but most of them wouldn't know how to share if they tried! Seriously, if we as a human race are to advance, we need to work together and this thread isn't showing that we have ability at all! What happened to good hearted people that would help others in need? Really what happened?

I have a task for you all, put yourself in the situation, your life falls apart, you lose your job, your wife and whatever else life can throw at you. on the verge of losing your house, would you accept an hand out? I know I would and I would be very greatful.

I have no problem with my tax going to people, better than going straight into the govs pocket, but hey? None of you realise that. Let's throw em all out!




new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

log in

join