It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President John F Kennedy predicted his own assassination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

President John F Kennedy predicted his own assassination

www.irishcentral.com

President John F Kennedy’s secret interviews with his wife claim he warned his assassinated would safeguard his legacy around a year before his death.

“(JFK) said to Mrs Kennedy after his success in the Cuban Missile Crisis: ’If anyone’s going to kill me, it should happen now,”’ Professor Dallek said.

After his death, his wife gave seven undisclosed interviews during which she spoke about her husband’s involvement in the Cuban Missille Crisis; her role as First Lady; the presidents plan...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
He actually played out a fantasy of how he could be killed on the plane heading for Dallas on the day of his assassination. Creepy or what? He was a really special guy.

Why release this information now? I wonder if this info is to reinforce the idea that Kennedy premature death made he a mith or this information is just to erase some theories about him being trying to interfere in the interests of powerful people.

JFK speech about secret societies wich led to his DEATH and MURDER:

www.irishcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Doesn't it just reinforce it was an inside job?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't know if he was assasinated because he spoke about secret societies..... I think it was because he was pushing for government disclosure and TPTB didn't like that.

Or possibly is may have involved ending the Vietnam War. Either way, he knew what was going to happen. He was no dummy!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
Doesn't it just reinforce it was an inside job?

Hardly. Here's a snippet from the source in the OP:

President John F Kennedy’s secret interviews with his wife claim he warned his assassination would safeguard his legacy around a year before his death.

JFK made the prediction about his reputation privately to his wife Jackie.

He didn't predict his death also. He said, around a year before his death, that if he was to die right now, his legacy would be ensured. This is common knowledge though surely? I mean, If Obama was assassinated tomorrow for example, he would be remembered as a great president also. It's just the way it goes.

Kennedy also said this immediately after a great success in his presidency.

EDIT TO ADD:

Here's a very interesting snippet from another source:

The president made the ominous prediction following the Cuban Missile Crisis, after he had successfully negotiated the peaceful withdrawal of Russian missiles from the island with Nikita Khrushchev, the Soviet leader, in November 1962.

"(JFK) said to Mrs Kennedy after his success in the Cuban Missile Crisis: 'If anyone's going to kill me, it should happen now,"' said Professor Robert Dallek, who has examined unreleased audio interviews with Jackie Kennedy, the former first lady.

Kennedy was shot dead on November 22, 1963 in Dallas.

Prof Dallek said Kennedy had previously been told by the historian David Herbert Donald that Abraham Lincoln's reputation may not have been as great had he lived long enough to become embroiled in domestic politics.

"At that lecture, Kennedy asked Professor Donald if Lincoln had lived, would his reputation be as great as it currently is in the United States? And predictably, Donald said probably not because he would have had to have wrestled with the problems of reconstruction, the post Civil War era," he said.
(Source)

Thanks for posting this btw Russo.

edit on 4-6-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He was right. It did ensure his legacy. If he had completed his presidency I don't think history would have looked on him nearly so kindly as it has.

(Sadly.)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I don't know if he was assasinated because he spoke about secret societies..... I think it was because he was pushing for government disclosure and TPTB didn't like that.

Or possibly is may have involved ending the Vietnam War. Either way, he knew what was going to happen. He was no dummy!

This is something I think we will never know for sure. There are many assumptions in this regard and may be why too. Or it may be the sum of all of it. Also could be for things that do not even know. Who knows?

What I find strange is why this is being publicized only now.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Fact is, after doing everything JFK did...and if I was in his shoes, I would too have predicted my death.

I don't think it's absurd or any way revealing that he did. If you ever become President there's always a chance that you'll be assassinated...the same goes for figures who are trying to make worldwide changes; there's always some group that doesn't like their involvement and influence and BANG...assassinated.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Yeh, I've already thought about making a list of how many people have been assassinated for speaking what they think, or that came too close to the truth. One day perhaps.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

If Obama was assassinated tomorrow for example, he would be remembered as a great president also.

How, what has he done to make you think that?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

How, what has he done to make you think that?

It seems to be the way it goes, as I said in my post you're replying to..

JFK for example was quite an unpopular president, to say the least. His approval ratings were woeful, especially in Texas. The day after his assassination however, they were some of the best he could've hoped for. It's this which has caused him to be seen as one of the greatest presidents of all time.

If Obama was assassinated tomorrow, there's absolutely no guarantee he would be remembered for being a great president, but I strongly believe he would be as history has certainly shown.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I know what you're saying, but I like to think people are less fickle, I know I'm wrong

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You are welcome Rising Against. Just caught my attention that still exists interesting stuff about his death. I would like to hear these tapes.

edit on 4-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
If Obama was assassinated tomorrow, there's absolutely no guarantee he would be remembered for being a great president, but I strongly believe he would be as history has certainly shown.

Obama shouldn't be remembered, he has contributed next to nothing. He is only revered, sadly, because of his alleged accomplishments as a black man.

I was always under the impression that JFK had it coming on account of his goal to eliminate the federal reserve and introduce silver certificates. There are so many angles leading up to his death that any one of them could have easily foreshadowed what we know today.

brill
edit on 4-6-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
whatever you think about the reasons, it's clear enough that there were public threats against him that day, he himself refused the bulletproof hood that is normally on the car, and appears to have played at least some role in the "reticent" secret service coverage. I've always felt he knew it could come at any time and preferred to meet it head-on rather than to hide.
I am pretty sure that Jackie & RFK came to suspect one of the guiltiest parties, LBJ, & RFK also knew he was in for it (pretty much from the moment JFK was hit, from what I can tell).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
John F kennedy was unpopular?? thats funny./.everyone i knew old school where i live, old people, and the newer generation in chat rooms, ALL said john f kenendy was the man...my mom was in high school, aroud 17 when he was assinated. she told me the story of how her school had an huor of silence..and not one student said nothing out of resepct..everyone teared n cryed. of course thats jsut one cutys poeple not th majority...but iv never ever EVER heard of anyone not liking john f kennedy...ever. i think he was a great man with good and outstanding intentions.
our government is keping his assinantion a secret of course..everytime its uppoed to be made public, its moved like 50 years into the future. so to me, our government i shding something so sinister..were not to know about it* that owuld lead me to belive they were in on it. move his information so far ahead into the future, so at one point in time, his name will be as unpopular as lets say george washington, so no one knows much about him. my understanding was, Kennedy wanted too splinter the CIA for starters. HE ddint want war with Vietnam. ide imagine, the generals at the pentagon didnt like that at all..and for the CIA their NOT gunna let that happen be dsibanded.
Did his wife say anything abuot who might be the assinator?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Obama shouldn't be remembered

You missed my point completely.

I'm not saying he should be remembered, I'm saying if he was assassinated, he undoubtedly would be remembered as a great president just like JFK and Lincoln was.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by brill

Obama shouldn't be remembered

You missed my point completely.

I'm not saying he should be remembered, I'm saying if he was assassinated, he undoubtedly would be remembered as a great president just like JFK and Lincoln was.

No I got it. It goes without saying that he will not would be remembered for the reason I outlined. Besides its a matter of personal interpretation, just because the books and general consensus say he was good, and the same goes for Lincoln/JFK, doesn't mean they are.

brill

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
obama would not be rememeberes, as grealty as JFK would have JFK has the worlds attention and popularity everyone except communist americans loved him! obamas popularity has ddropped so much n bad...obama is around the popularity of Garfield or Wilson...by todays standrads not many know who they are*

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

just because the books and general consensus say he was good, and the same goes for Lincoln/JFK, doesn't mean they are.

100% Agreed.

And at the end of the day, Obama may not be remembered in a positive light if an assassination similar to JFK did indeed take place. I just feel that history repeats itself and he most probably would be. I guess there really is no saying what will happen until it happens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join