It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can humans be Demons? Why am I associated with one?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Every situation is unique - People with mental illness such as schizophrenia are likely sensitive to other realms of information which literally drives them insane, unable to function in our realm as we could.

It doesnt have to be demonic, if we heard children laughing and saw rainbows everywhere and no one believed us we would go insane as well, leading to a further degrading of our mental capacity.

Part of me believes that we are floating in a very fragile bubble with each other, and if you puncture it, you will no longer be able to see the world as the rest of us do, you will forever be open to the inflow of outside information, that will make you appear "Insane" to us.

I am a grounded individual, I do not have demons walking through the wall and grabbing me by the throat as I lay there in the dark squealing my way to the psych ward. I know that these things exist, I see them in varying degrees of potency and feel there influence on my life and the lives of my clients.

No one has all the answers, We live in a world where change is constant.

All we can do is hang on to positive influence, love each other, work hard and hope for a better world tomorrow.

Shadows move in the light, and in the darkness strike.

Thankfully, we have eachother.

-GM

edit on 4-6-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

But how can you tell whether a person is having a temporary break with reality or if the person is having a demonic "interference" type situation? That's the question that goes through my mind because to me a person seeing or hearing demon's or their voices telling them things is psychosis. I understand no one has the all the answers. But how would you determine the difference in your experience?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

But how can you tell whether a person is having a temporary break with reality or if the person is having a demonic "interference" type situation? That's the question that goes through my mind because to me a person seeing or hearing demon's or their voices telling them things is psychosis. I understand no one has the all the answers. But how would you determine the difference in your experience?

Every human on the planet is fighting the influence of demons, man-made and otherwise.

The reality is - we are all warriors in the war.

It is possible that people with mental illness like schizophrenia could be seen in this view as the fallen who have not died, but they are no longer capable of fighting, their resistance being shattered and they are subjected to the flow and influence of unseen forces

They are not being controlled by demons, they are human beings that hear and experience 'much' more then we are capable of understanding or coping with.

It can be resisted, sanity can be maintained, but imagine standing on a cliff with a high wind, fighting to hang on.

We take our grounded lives for granted, when the literal truth is such that we are at all times crawling with unseen forces seeking a way in.

edit on 4-6-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Just as a rich man has many houses and servants, powerful demons use various human bodies as hosts for service. You are one of many pitstops for this particular entity who likely has been conditioning your human spirit from a young age so that you would grow into a suitable host. This is why you have so much in common with this spirit.

Demons believe that the whole of mankind is here to serve them and carry out their will. Much of what we see as demonic behavior in humans is the result of the subtle or not so subtle demonic influence and control over human affairs. If the infuence is not as subtle, then you will be aware that some of your actions, emotions, and desires are going against your true and natural free will of your own spirit.

Just know that you and this entity are not identical, but you are currently in a state of servitude. If you want God to be your guide instead, then you will have to ask him to protect and lead you repeatedly until the bond is broken. However, I can tell you it will be a battle and you will have to change they way you think and act. It took me over 10 years of making an effort to fight against the negative vibrations and attacks to control my body. It was hard for me because they seemed to have been influencing past generations of my family and they expected that I belonged to them.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, you've really gotten the full gamut when it comes to answers in this thread and I'm not in a position to call any of them right or wrong, but since you profess to be a believer I am going to give you the believer's perspective. First of all, satan and demons are real. But no, people cannot be demons. Unsaved people can be inhabited by demons, but the demon is a separate entity. Second of all, if you are saved then you cannot be inhabited by a demon. If you are saved you are filled with "light" whereas a demon is "darkness". Here are a few passages regarding this:

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Luke 11:35
Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Thirdly, I looked at your pictures and the picture of the demon you posted and frankly I don't see a resemblance. The demon has a much thinner face than you do, and thick, heavy eyebrows.

If you still have concerns you might look up some of the Biblical passages that talk about how people behaved when they were occupied by demons, such as Mark 5. Typically they scream, cut themselves, etc. I doubt you're doing the same, so again, you've got nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I know for a fact that I am a demon incarnate. People even say I don't look fully human...which seems normal to me because I know I'm not and most of my incarnations have not been. I'm not going to go into it much, but Demons have different functions, it's not just evil vs good.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I know for a fact that I am a demon incarnate. People even say I don't look fully human...which seems normal to me because I know I'm not and most of my incarnations have not been. I'm not going to go into it much, but Demons have different functions, it's not just evil vs good.

Are you sure demon incarnate is the appropriate term for you situation?

I would like to go into more at some point,

and no, its never as simple as good and evil - shadow is limitless

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This world is a form of hell and humans are its demons. Coincidently this world is also a form of heaven and humans are its angels. And it is also a form of purgatory and everybody is in limbo. It is all those things and more.

Thats the thing with searching or seeking of anything op. "Seek and ye shall find" Just be careful what you look for because you just might actually find it. And if you look for something in anything you usually find it, but no matter either way it's in your mind eventually because that is all there is when looking trough the looking glass of consciousness.

Like staring at clouds for long periods of time looking for things, eventually a cloud will look like something you want to see. Or in those little quantum particle experiments were the very fact of observing something changes the observed particles to suit the observer or observers. So if you want to see a demon in yourself, you will find the demon you want to see in yourself eventually. On the path of life everybody has there demons that they fight whether they know it or not.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Astaroth Wiki Link

The name Astaroth was ultimately derived from that of 2nd millennium BC Phoenician goddess Astarte,[1] an equivalent of the Babylonian Ishtar, and the earlier Sumerian Inanna. She is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible in the forms Ashtoreth (singular) and Ashtaroth (plural, in reference to multiple statues of her). This latter form was directly transliterated in the early Greek and Latin versions of the Bible, where it was less apparent that it had been a plural feminine in Hebrew.

You do realize that you've taken the most recent depiction of Astaroth and decided that you're like "him" when the earlier Astaroth/Astarte/Ishtar/Inanna/Ashtoreth was female?

AYE

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v

I found a Demon that looks like me .en.wikipedia.org...

Personally I think the image from wikipedia looks more like Nicholas Cage than it does you

But at the end of the day it is ONLY a picture of someone's idea of what the demon might look like ... it's all relative to the eye of the beholder.

I'm pretty sure you are NOT a demon ... I'm also pretty sure that at 23yrs old you still have some way to go before you find or understand yourself too

Relax. Woody

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Generic facial features of the time.
I've seen hundreds of illustrations, art and wood carvings from the time, facial features strikingly similar, anything from demons - monks to kings.
Nothing to get excited about really.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't believe that you are a demon, but that a demon may be messing with you by encouraging you to feel this way. In all likelihood you are simply feeling lost and grasping at anything to give you an idea of who you are. You will figure this all out one day, but don't stress yourself over it. Try not to dwell on the demon, it will only invite more feelings like this if it is in face demonic in nature. Demand that you will not accept that you are a demon and will not have anything to do with a demon and that may help.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
One time I saw this dude who looked like Santa Claus.

I'm pretty sure that guy was Santa Claus.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I personally relish the fact that I have been compared to a demon... I believe that not all demons are evil, we have good people and bad people why can there not be good demons and bad demons. I support the "demon" Lilith, I see her as a femminist of sorts, an individual. In most demon stories the demon has been outcast for thinking outside the box, all for which is then made to be corrupt by religious teachings (Lilith also the killer babies and seducer of men, but would not submit to Adam as she would not be overpowered by a man).

In my opinion the religious teachings that tell us about demons subtly hint to us that being a unique individual and standing against god is bad, I pride myself that I will not believe in the ideologies of a "supreme god" who wants us to be carbon copies of each other yet give us free will (cruel and somewhat sick, like a child burning aunts).

Pride your self for being different, being a demon does not make you evil doing malicious and evil things makes you a demon. Stand against a corrupt and slightly hypocritical god and be unique. Believe in hedonism.

No I am not a satanist (though i own their bible too funny to read). I am a hedonist, and that by many is seen as demonic in nature. I am not possessed, nor do I think I am a demon I just think the lore on them is misunderstood, there is no such thing as possession. Its just a fun prank to play on religious people..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This thread isn't debating the existence of demons or the validity of demonology, it's about a kid who wants to show you pictures of himself and think that a 150 year old rendering is somehow tied to him. He thinks fairly common traits are somehow binding him to a demon or something along those lines.

When your girlfriend broke up with you for another guy was she afflicted by Jahi? When there is an eclipse was it Oroan? When you leave Christianity to become an atheist is it Vetis?

Most interpretations of demons were created to identify human shortcomings and flaws. Not saying demons do not exist at all. I'm just saying that you are interested in demons. And you found a demon with some qualities you and almost everyone else has. YOu identified it as an extension of yourself. And you like attention.

To be honest I do not even believe your serious about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
humans cant be demons, however demons can impersonate humans

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
hey
you need not worry about having similar physical attributes as demons that are portrayed in books.
Demons are energy which means they are attracted to similar energy pattern you may have with them.
For example, if you have anger you might attract a demon that wants to use that anger within you to cause something in this world.

Its more of an internal energy thing than a physical thing.

Also sometime, your higher self might contract a being of the spirit for you to experience something.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Wow, very interesting.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join