It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can humans be Demons? Why am I associated with one?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't think I'm an Incarnate. I don't know what I am! That's what I'm trying to figure out.

i think I was supposed-to-be something....

We live in a very different World/Universe now. You know how 'The Tribulation" was supposed to have Blood Red Seas, and all sorts of things that didn't happen?

But are similarly happening... but to a very lower extent.. things are dumbed down and less scary... of how they are really supposed to be like....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Im trying to figure who what i am too, and everything is extremely dumbed downed and obscured in today's world,
But just be yourself, and if you can, improve yourself in every way possible
edit on 4-6-2011 by Dissent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

If you feel the need to find yourself you should start by quitting drugs and reading about demons. It is rather obvious that these have both overtaken your ability to reason. On the other hand if you wish to find evil keep looking, but be warned it will not bode well for you. The way evil overtakes those who are truely possessed it is most often the mind that is tortured first. Think about that just a bit, I say this for your own health and happiness...
edit on 4-6-2011 by 5StarOracle because: Deo ac veritati

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by PaR3v

If you feel the need to find yourself you should start by quitting drugs and reading about demons. It is rather obvious that these have both overtaken your ability to reason. On the other hand if you wish to find evil keep looking, but be warned it will not bode well for you. The way evil overtakes those who are truely possessed it is most often the mind that is tortured first. Think about that just a bit, I say this for your own health and happiness...
edit on 4-6-2011 by 5StarOracle because: Deo ac veritati

been there, done it. only got into reading about demons out of curiosity. after seeing pics of it, the curiousity about myself went away.... coincidentally... also, there was just a loud 'EEEEEEEEEE' sound out of nowhere... i'm gonna quit messing with it...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
OMG this is such a simple misunderstanding by Spirit!

You see, read that wikipage again! It clearly states:

His adversary is St. Bartholomew, who can protect against him for he has resisted Astaroth's temptations.

You are being tempted by Astaroth, your synchronicity is your ability to recognize Astaroth for what he is, and within, aided by the work of St. Bartholomew you can be the Adversary of such a Demon!

You see, you are the Anti-Demon! It is perfect! Astaroth never had a chance, and since he cannot be here you get to be in his stead! In other words you get to walk amongst the wicked and foul and go unnoticed as you exercise the Demons and their lairs! Since Astaroth represents "accusers and inquisitors" I would say that you will soon be drawn to the Justice System and you will rise up through the ranks! Outwardly "they" will step aside and allow you to stand above them, then you will use St. Bartholomew to cast Light on the innocent!

St Bartholomew is credited with many other miracles having to do with the weight of objects.

A man's soul is weighed based on the good deeds of his life versus the bad deeds!

See, this is so obvious! You now have a Saint over you!

edit on 6/4/2011 by Greensage because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

" I do not believe in demons or satan or condone any of it. I fully believe in God. I actually will tell you to believe in God and stay completely away from Satan. "

If you believe in god, doesn't believing in satan kinda go along with the whole thing? I highly doubt you are a demon. Having a resemblance to a picture doesn't make you evil, it's just a coincidence. Relax.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
On my opinion, you not the only one who look like the demon on the illustration, this is just a coincidence. Look, everybody has got demons, everybody. Sometimes, we become demons because of different causes, some become more "demonic" and some less, you don't have to worry about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Personally I think your brother looks more like a young Gene Simmons than you do this "demon." Your reading too much into everything. If you were a demon, you'd KNOW it, and wouldn't have to ask us.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

If your a Christian , you know why....

As Demons make you believe they are Gods through False Miracles. Thank you for making my Job easier

Demons portray themselves as the Gods as the bible tells us time and time again.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Leviticus 17:
7 And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto devils, after whom they have gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for ever unto them throughout their generations.

Leviticus 17:
7 And they shall no longer offer their sacrifices to vain gods after which they go a whoring; it shall be a perpetual statute to you for your generations.

Deuteronomy 32:
17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

2 Chronicles 11:
15 And he ordained him priests for the high places, and for the devils, and for the calves which he had made.

2 Chronicles 11:
15 And he made for himself priests of the high places, and for the idols, and for the vanities, and for the calves which Jeroboam made.

Psalms 106:
37 Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,

Why cant the God's be bogus and demonology real?

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Why cant the God's be bogus and demonology real?

Why can't they both be real, but neither have absolutely ANYTHING to do with christianity?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In my opinion - The most common appearance of demons stems from the collective human consciousness, with each of our negative and positive thoughts and emotions reaching out into the polarized states of Angel and Demon.

Not to say that they dont exist from non human origins as well - but in all honesty and in my experience, the majority of demonic influence I have encountered no matter how twisted or monstrous I could eventually say "This is all too human"

In my training we only believe in 2 kinds of demonic possession, that is one of elemental origins or one of human origins. So if you are embodying qualities that suit a particular vibration that happens to coincide with the vibration of a demon of collective human consciousness - Then you leave yourself open to its influence.

If you embody the vibration of the highest order - you will channel the most beneficial aspects of human consciousness as a whole, I believe this is where humans of legend stem from. Willfull possession by the positive influence of the collective human consciousness.

There are 3 paths, one of darkness, one of light and one of shadow - We all choose which one we walk upon in every second of every day.

Will you walk with demons, or angels, the choice is ultimately yours.

-GM

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

im not religious, i believe in spirituality but i follow no religion
since NONE follow what religions means, from latin "religare"

wich translates to reconect, and that i can do by myself, im am god, im the devil, im am the temple i am the stone i am the lamb, i play all characters under the spectrum of experience and creation, me and the rest of you make the one and we make all, we are the giant family.

theres only polarity

im above gods and demons, i understand every atom under creation embodies both paths

the "christ" conscience, the awaken kundalini, the rising snake.

and its opposite
its polarity

the fallen angel, the anti christ, the devil.

one represented as the staff used in most religions, the caduceus,
and the other used to represent so called evil

the devil's tail, a kundalini falling not rising

organized religion is smoke and mirrors
we already come equiped with all the tools we need to "religare"

but we can also disconnect, if we choose too.

but i respect and won't deny your choice to follow your path

it's part of it too

edit on 4/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I consider myself an expert and demonologist here on ATS. First, I have to say, that you are saying that you find that you look like an illustration from 1863 that just so happens to be about a demon Astaroth. This is just coincidence. You are not a demon, you have nothing in common with a demon. You are, personifying your personal experience with this picture. Relax. I have delt with demonic possession many many times, you have nothing to worry about. You are not this demon incarnate.

Basically this.

And the fact that demons don't exist.

Ive probably invoked all the demons of hell in an effort to prove to people they either don't exist, or that they simply don't exist.

And for those with tinfoil hats on a little too tight... yea, i'm still here and 100% normal.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
Alright. Let me first say. I didn't choose this. I have no freaking idea why this happened, happens, or WHAT-it-IS.... I don't get it. I don't understand. Since I was around 8, I became curious about myself... searching for answers. It wasn't until I was around 17 that I 'THOUGHT' I figured out myself and found out my personality type was 'INFJ'. So I thought, yay, I found out... it's solved! Then it kept lingering ...

Still searching for answers and answers... At time I thought I was crazy. Actually I didn't think I was crazy, it JUST KEPT LINGERING.... Wasn't until around a few months ago, I'm 23 now... that I found pictures of Demonology.

I found a Demon that looks like me .en.wikipedia.org...

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. I have the same hair (not right now), same facial structure, same philosophies... I actually even have a shirt with the same 'Snake' on it... like the one in the picture. Also same skinny arms and legs...

I do not believe in demons or satan or condone any of it. I fully believe in God. I actually will tell you to believe in God and stay completely away from Satan.

who seduces by means of laziness, vanity, and rationalized philosophies. His adversary is St. Bartholomew, who can protect against him for he has resisted Astaroth's temptations. To others, he teaches mathematical sciences and handicrafts, can make men invisible and lead them to hidden treasures, and answers every question formulated to him. He was also said to give to mortal beings the power over serpents.

I do the same thing... teach or laziness, vanity, and so forth... and I've always been interested in the fact to be invisible... I also try to answer questions, everyone formulated to me...in ways.

I don't want to be this thing, I don't want to know this thing. But it looks like me... and I have the same principles, and I don't know why.. I'm trying to figure this out. Anyone have any information to this? I'm like 99% sure this thing is like... supposed to be me...or something. I don't get it.
edit on 3-6-2011 by PaR3v because: (no reason given)

Wow, thats a mouthful there. I'll make it breif for ya: satan boogieman is fake, there is no bearded man in the clouds, and that demon picture is not you but some silly drawing. Thats it, really simple!!!

On the other hand, the closest thing we have here to the mytical demons and satan boogieman are... POLITICIANS.

So stop worrying about demons and if you are scared of them, just dont go near any politicians and you'll be fine!!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Personally, I feel that "guiding spirits" are just dissociations of parts of our spirit/psyche.

I think that what we call "demons" is akin to a personification of various qualities of the ID.

I think that what we call "angels" are just the personification of various qualities of our superEgo.

When we speak of "god", it's more of the highest bit of our ideals, which feels super good....because it's instinctual and seemed to be best for our species for a good chunk of our evolution.

It just fits.

Might there be some sort of "supernatural" or mulitdimensional beings out there which influence us and infiltrate our psyche? Ya, I guess so, but I have yet to find reason for needing this belief.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scales

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I consider myself an expert and demonologist here on ATS. First, I have to say, that you are saying that you find that you look like an illustration from 1863 that just so happens to be about a demon Astaroth. This is just coincidence. You are not a demon, you have nothing in common with a demon. You are, personifying your personal experience with this picture. Relax. I have delt with demonic possession many many times, you have nothing to worry about. You are not this demon incarnate.

Basically this.

And the fact that demons don't exist.

Ive probably invoked all the demons of hell in an effort to prove to people they either don't exist, or that they simply don't exist.

And for those with tinfoil hats on a little too tight... yea, i'm still here and 100% normal.

Anyone with first hand experience with authentic demonic/angelic phenomena knows that it doesnt work like that. Imagine the effect the wind has upon the dunes, the grain of sand is but a tiny part, it thinks itself independant and chooses where it might go upon the wind. But ultimately, the winds are moving the sand, creating the dunes and the storms.

It is the same with our consciousness, there exists a subtle yet unknowable force which has gentle influence over our lives.

What does a grain of sand know of the wind?

What does man know of god, demons, angels?

It is very similar,

-GM

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

LOL@everything about you.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

First of all watch The Rite or better yet read the book it's an excellent view of Exorcism. Secondly I would have to say it is hard to distinguish whether or not a person is "possessed" or simply having a mental break from reality IMO. Lastly I give you a great quote and it's the second day in a row I have been able to use a Michael Douglas quote, "You are right the devil has come to Tsavo, look at me....I am the Devil."

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

People are always looking for extremes in order to put proof on a pedestal.

The major effects of demonic entities is far more subtle.

Its the whisper in your ear that says take more then you need, the voice in your mind that tells you to lie, that tells you you're weak when really you are strong, fat when really you are thin.

It is all too human.

It is twisted, it is powerful, and it is our own doing (for the most part)

At any point in time, how many people are molesting their children on this earth, activities such as this create demons that transcend time and space, seeking to recreate their own situation of birth, so that they can be cancelled out.

When you resist a negative impulse - you are fighting the demons of humanity.

Its that simple (Most of the time)

-GM

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

That is an interesting perspective and I am open to the possibility that demons exist, but I have to say like you said most of it is our doing. What distinguishes a person with schizophrenia from that of demonic possession? For instance, I heard a preacher granted it was a fringe one who said all mentally handicapped were nothing more than possessed by a demon. That's outrageous and causes a lot of harm to people again IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join