It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival, what if you're a man?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

The cannibal thing is something I think we should all be aware of. NEVER eat your own species. You will get kuru. It's a crappy way to go. Basically like mad cow disease but for humans. I don't want to even eat a pig that ate a human. As for the coyote thing, when I used to hunt with my dad as a kid, they used to have a bounty on them. 75 bucks a pelt. It is easy in most places for rabbits and coyotes to get out of balance. This is because we killed off all of the wolves in these areas, which puts the whole ecosystem out of whack. I could spend hours typing about how it all works, but I will settle for one sentence. If you wan't to screw up any ecosystem with the least effort...just kill off the apex predators. And yes, you are right. Meat is meat....just don't cannibalize. That isn't even a social or moral thing, it's just good sense. en.wikipedia.org...(disease)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

And as for your dead buddy in the raft...use him as fish bait. I'm sure he will understand.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here is something else worth looking into. This seems to be a different thread from the one where I first found the concept. If this really works (and it kinda makes sense to me) I think I am mad that this info is never talked about...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread seems to get de-railed onto the notion of sunlight being good for you, but the original post, the article referenced, and the other thread that I swear I remember reading, All were making the point that the uv in the sunlight would KILL STUFF. The thread that I originally read was talking about filling bottles with water (after filtering out particulates) and leaving them exposed to direct sunlight for 8 hours or so. It would seem that any viruses or bacteria still in the water will be broken down by the uv. It would also ionize the water which also helps. I hope this is true but need to do more research. Water treatment is definitely one of the biggest concerns in a SHTF scenario. Once again, food for thought.

<< 1  2   >>

join