It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. officer charged with murder after woman, baby found dead in Pr. George’s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My first thread, not very exciting, but I figured this was important and should be posted.

A D.C. police officer has been charged with murder after police found a woman and her one-year-old child dead in the Hillcrest Heights area of Prince George’s County, police said Friday.

Richmond D. Phillips, 39, of the 2900 block of Oxon Park St. in Temple Hills, was charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Wynetta Wright, 20, and her daughter, said Prince Gerorge’s County Deputy Police Chief Gary Cunningham

I lived inside DC limits and in Northern Virginia for almost 9 years and I am well aware of corruption, but this is terrible. A woman and her baby killed over a domestic dispute. DC Police are well known for being corrupt, overly excessive in their use of force and for harassing tourists and residents alike.

The article doesn't give much information about how they were killed but says that there was "obvious signs of trauma".

Good to see the man didn't get away with such a heinous crime and be supported by the police force. But, it looks like it wasn't DC police that arrested him anyway, it was Prince George's county.

Your thoughts?
Linky
Police Report- Missing Woman

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

Bet it would have turned out differently if DC wasn't so anal about letting her citizens possess fire arms...
who knows she might be alive today... esp more true where DC officers are bad guys too...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Sad tale, But,,,,,,,,,Its got nothing to do with Police in general, it is a social issue about domestic violence and abuse that needs to be addressed. These type of act's are happening more and more often, i think society has lost its ways.
And society is to blame

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Everything about DC is corrupt. Google Marion Barry if you want to see the most corrupt politician to ever walk the Earth. The man has been Convicted of DUI, tax evasion, and drug possession. He went to jail, and they reelected him!

You cannot have straight police if your political system encourages corruption and gets away with it.
edit on 3-6-2011 by isthisreallife because: got his name wrong. oops.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I live in PG county, this is the buzz around our ghetto nowadays.
What a horrible story...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Sad tale, But,,,,,,,,,Its got nothing to do with Police in general,

Sure it does:

This extraordinary stress makes police officers more prone than average citizens to alcoholism, domestic violence, divorce, and suicide.(1)
Article

Any cop on the street is statistically more likely to go off the handle than the average person.

They're walking time-bombs.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sad tale, But,,,,,,,,,Its got nothing to do with Police in general, it is a social issue about domestic violence and abuse that needs to be addressed. These type of act's are happening more and more often, i think society has lost its ways.
And society is to blame

I disagree with this statement. Domestic abuse may be reported now but I don't think it's increased on a percentage basis. The world was a lot stricter in the old days especially in regards to womens rights where a woman who was slapped around wouldn't even garner a glance from others as it was no big deal.

I would actually say that domestic abuse has probably decreased since say 100 years ago but with access to media so prevelant it is more widely reported.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Bet it would have turned out differently if DC wasn't so anal about letting her citizens possess fire arms...
who knows she might be alive today... esp more true where DC officers are bad guys too...

PG county is MD not DC, but even if this state the laws are strict enough that if she did defend herself she would be charged with murder/murder of a "peace officer" and get life in prison. Being a cop he more than likely could adequately keep her away from firearms anyways. My question is why the station didn't catch this sooner? Isn't this what psych evaluations are for? To identify individuals who may become reckless/violent under stress. Of course in that area there is a deep seated fear that cops are above the law and they would only face retaliation for speaking up. This is definitely a bad situation that should have never been allowed to get to this point.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leemann123

Yeah, I lived in Fairfax County and in NW DC. My friend posted this on his facebook and then I got an email from TWP so I figured I should post it.

It's terrible. I mean, not just her but her daughter as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Sad tale, But,,,,,,,,,Its got nothing to do with Police in general,

Sure it does:

This extraordinary stress makes police officers more prone than average citizens to alcoholism, domestic violence, divorce, and suicide.(1)
Article

Any cop on the street is statistically more likely to go off the handle than the average person.

They're walking time-bombs.

We are all walking time bomb's. If we cant mentally handle our jobs then get a new job.
Killing people and blaming your job is a pathetic way to look at it.
Every person gets stressed with their job, So i wont except that this pathetic excuse for a mans job played a part in it. He would have killed no matter what.
He was sick and its scary that his mental disorder wasn't picked up before he got a job with a gun a badge.
I think you all need to screen your police a little better

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

And society is to blame

I disagree with this statement. Domestic abuse may be reported now but I don't think it's increased on a percentage basis. The world was a lot stricter in the old days especially in regards to womens rights where a woman who was slapped around wouldn't even garner a glance from others as it was no big deal.

I would actually say that domestic abuse has probably decreased since say 100 years ago but with access to media so prevelant it is more widely reported.

I disagree with your statement too.
Domestic abuse has and will increase as long as the worlds population increase's. That is a FACT.
Things wont change. Murder and crime rates have increased in the last 100yrs and domestic assualts will increase too.
And i wont believe anything the MSM say's.

top topics

join