It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes have already killed 523 in 2011, what are we witnessing on our earth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Until a F4/F5 Tornado ploughs through Central London I wouldn't consider this anymore than a heightened season thanks in-part to a cooler Atlantic and active LaNina season in the Pacific co-incidentally peaking during the mid-spring season what were seeing now. We see the usual sporadic weather patterns then blame it on HAARP, Global Warming, Aliens, whatever crap, until he records prove its nothing more than a LaNina, ElNino, SSW event. Infact LaNina is still in a cycle even now thanks in part to a active solar output were seeing.

Nothing out the ordinary, just a active than normal season.

who is the HE u are refering to?

and there is nothing usual about the weather patterns we are seeing LaNina or not.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
And im wondering why there are tornadoes being reported in New England and in NJ. Its not normal, something is going on, and your an idiot with no sense if you deny that.

Hmmm.

La Nina Cycle Puts New Twist On Tornado Season

Zurn-Birkhimer compared tornado activity during El Nino and La Nina events by calculating a ratio of tornadoes on a state-by-state basis. Her findings show more tornadoes in the central and southern plains and the Gulf Coast during strong El Nino years, with a shift to more tornadoes in the lower Midwest, the Ohio and Tennessee valleys, and the mid-Atlantic region during La Nina years.

"During an El Nino event, the polar jet stream -- which carries cold, dry air from the north -- shifts south, bringing cooler air to the Midwest and Southeastern regions of the country," she says. "This cooling effect might also serve to suppress tornado activity in those areas." By contrast, during a La Nina event, the subtropical jet -- the jet stream that brings warm moist air from the south -- shifts to the far north, bringing an influx of warmth and moisture to these regions, and increasing the odds for tornadoes, Zurn-Birkhimer says.

Why Twister Outbreak? La Nina Eyed as Key Factor

The biggest recorded outbreak prior to Wednesday was on April 3, 1974 — 148 twisters touched down in 13 states, killing 310 people and injuring nearly 5,500. It, too, happened during a La Nina, adding weight to that argument.

Twisters Tied to La Nina, Record Warmth

La nina pushes the subtropical jet stream northward. We are coming out of a la nina season. Therefore, tornadoes further up the Atlantic coast like New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, etc. doesn't seem that strange.

La nina also explains the cold, wet Pacific Northwest weather that people seem to find so strange this year, as well as the droughts around Texas.

Apparently what you want concerning tornadoes is a season that doesn't fall under el nino or la nina:

Interestingly, she adds, the years with neither an El Nino or La Nina event tend to favor a below-average number of tornadoes by more than 2-to-1.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Most of the mainstream articles I've seen talk about "La Nina" being the anomaly behind the recent anomalies. But, science is not known to be born out of mainstream news. Anyway, there are (some) other mainstream scientific views out there...

The unusually large number of severe tornadoes this year may be a sign of large scale changes in the jet stream.

John Harrington Jr., a professor of geography at Kansas State University, notes that severe tornadoes are not unheard of historically. But when the events happen frequently such as the the destruction of Joplin, Mo., the outbreak of multiple tornadoes in Alabama, and yesterday's northeast outbreak in Massachusetts, it becomes a warning that there are changes afoot in the jet stream.

news.discovery.com

I've never seen these kind of Earth changes and neither have my parents The same goes for all my friends and all of their parents. I'm allowed to trust my own empirical evidence here. This year is different. Spin it any way you want. Yes, the Earth goes though changes. It can be called "normal" I admit. But it certainly isn't normal within the context of my own life. And I won't apologize for recognizing that.

I'm going to revere these changes as the sacred power of Earth and I'm also going to recognize them as a threat to my personal safety. Guess what half the battle is? That's right, it's knowing. I want to know.

Just because something can be called "natural" doesn't mean that it is harmless or shouldn't be taken seriously. I think everyone would be wise to be prepared for an emergency. At least the basics.

I know many smart people who are having trouble admitting that there are changes going on. They feel that it would give credence to the common doomsday fanatics and such. Maybe they just don't want to think about it. I don't know. But I know that I have seen enough to warrant preparedness.

Spreading information is not the same as spreading fear.

edit on 3-6-2011 by thinkingthing because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join