It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pull A Prank, Heal The World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hi Ladies and Gentleman, as some of you might now, I have been on a bit of a feed the hungry, kick as of late. Well, I stumbled upon what is now, with out a doubt, my favorite prank call video ever on youtube.

It was a prank call made by comedian Tom Mabe.

He spots two homeless men sitting on the curb outside of a White Castle fast food joint and decides to help them out.

Take a look and learn, how you can heal the world, even just a tiny bit, with the art of laughter.

Enjoy!

Seeing this video makes me think of that story of the man throwing starfish back into the ocean. Sure, what he did, may not change the world. but it sure made a difference to those two homeless men.

Pull a prank, heal the world.

Peace and love!
edit on 2-6-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
LMAO!!! that just made my night!....

Outstanding! S&F!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Unlike most prank calls this one actually helped someone out , kudos to this guy ...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Awesome post S+F. I love how the homeless guys react, they must have felt so comforted by the fact that the guy from the store seemed to be showing them some genuine sympathy. That made my day.
edit on 2-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
That's great and all but that guy will be jailed or fined for impersonating a police officer.

But it was a nice gesture at least.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Unlike most prank calls this one actually helped someone out , kudos to this guy ...

Exactly, this one really grabbed my attention for just that reason. Most prank calls are done for the purpose of making some one else look like a fool. But this one... Well, as you said, it helped some one out.

Absolutely, Kudos.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
That's great and all but that guy will be jailed or fined for impersonating a police officer.

But it was a nice gesture at least.

Yeah, it is illegal to impersonate an officer, but this prank call was done in 2009, or at least that is when he uploaded the video, so if he has not gotten into trouble yet, I doubt he will.

Honestly, I do suppose he could have just gone in there, bought some food and drinks, placed it next to them and walked off... But what he did here... I don't know. It just... seems more... Special, somehow.

I am proud of this man. He took the knowledge that often, restaurants will give cops food for free( Yeah, they will, free food in exchange for them keeping an extra eye on the place, is the idea), and used that to feed these two men.

Good for this man, I say.

new topics

top topics

join