It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Sales Kidney for a New IPad2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

hopefully recent advances in stem-cell research/technology will put an end
to all this organ trafficking/cannibalism, and horror stories like this one

unless it's suppressed, of course.

not a Xtian myself, but to put it biblically, this child has hopefully learned a life long lesson
on the disadvantages of choosing to serve mammon over god.

S&F

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

not to mention
that there is no jailbreak for iPad 2 yet

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
A 17 year old student in Anhui Province sold one of his kidneys for 20,000 yuan only to buy an iPad 2. Now, with his health getting worse, the boy is feeling regret but it is too late, the Global Times reported today.

"I wanted to buy an iPad 2 but could not afford it," said the boy surnamed Zheng in Huaishan City.

www.shanghaidaily.com...

Wow, what is this world coming too? How can people be so materialistic to the point where they will start to sale body parts for money and goods? I fear this is not the first and will not be the last. Due to economic conditions people have to resort to horrible things they would otherwise not do like prostitution or the sale of body parts to get by, but for an Ipad2????
edit on 2-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Wow. iPad 2 is not worth a kidney!
The newest gadget is NOT more important than your own humanity.

It is sad how instead of advancing technology in smart ways, they just crank out more of these gadgets, smartphones, tablets. Where is the new and exciting technology of the 21st century? They keep re-inventing the wheel with these things. iPad 2. Will there be an iPad 3 next year? Probably. Will he sell his other kidney to buy that?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Ah, The Chinese are at it again.

I don't know what China is: Communist? Capitalist? A strange hybrid: Commutardation? But I do know this Kidney Kid is the new poster child for the type of people China is currently creating.

The gut-wrenching level of greed and desire for all things of perceived success (ie: IPad ownership!) is unbelievable. Ethics, morality, integrity - all take a back seat to insanity.

(Just last week, in Beijing, a man murdered two children in his neighbourhood...because...those two children were doing 'better' than his child at school. And stuff like this happens every week. It just doesn't, ahem, make the news - wink, wink, say no more.)

Oh, and I notice in the article how the mother of Kidney Kid is now trying to track down the people 'responsible'. What? She thinks she'll get that kidney back - like they are still carrying it around in their Hello Kitty backpack? No. Now the mother is going after HER payday. If caught, those responsible would have to pay Kidney Kid's family a small fortune.

So, trying to understand China? Figure her out? Forget Lao Tzu, forget Kong Tzu...study the motives, the thinking and the actions of this kid. It's the New China, baby!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is pretty funny. I'm having a good old laugh. Yes the illegal organ trade is horrible. Yes that, combined with the sex trade in china as well as other conditions is also horrible.

But this kids an idiot. I don't care where you're from, selling a kidney for an ipad is flat out stupid. I'll continue with my good old laugh.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I can imagine his thought process: whats better, a liter of urine every day, or playing angry birds?

Shows that teenagers are the same everywhere..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I find this encouraging. It accelerates the natural selection process and weeds out the weak. People have sold just about anything to attain social status, even their own children so good for this guy. Perhaps this is a devious plot to implement depopulation ??

bril

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

ok where exactly is a place that will buy kidneys from living people, i know some will take donations of one kidney but ive never haerd of a place that buys one, maybe black market but those mostly wind up beimg urban legends

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Has anyone thought that maybe the kid was forced to give one of his organs, and that an iPad 2 was a cover up story????????

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I wonder how bad he is going to feel when the new Ipad3 comes out next month. haha

- ipad 3 - good one. Sometimes I'm amazed that some people have enough sense to dress themselves and walk out the door each day. Just when you think you've heard it all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join