It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Sales Kidney for a New IPad2

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A 17 year old student in Anhui Province sold one of his kidneys for 20,000 yuan only to buy an iPad 2. Now, with his health getting worse, the boy is feeling regret but it is too late, the Global Times reported today.

"I wanted to buy an iPad 2 but could not afford it," said the boy surnamed Zheng in Huaishan City.

www.shanghaidaily.com...

Wow, what is this world coming too? How can people be so materialistic to the point where they will start to sale body parts for money and goods? I fear this is not the first and will not be the last. Due to economic conditions people have to resort to horrible things they would otherwise not do like prostitution or the sale of body parts to get by, but for an Ipad2????
edit on 2-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ipad 2 so good you'll want to die for it!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He is a boy. That kid is still too dumb for him to think an iPad is better than a kidney.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I read this earlier today.
He sold his kidney for the equivalent of £2000...just so he could buy an ipad2
Apparently kidneys fetch £50k in the organ trade over there.
Kids are brainwashed, why else would you sell an organ for a piece of junk that will be out dated in 6 months lol

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticDebunker
I read this earlier today.
He sold his kidney for the equivalent of £2000...just so he could buy an ipad2
Apparently kidneys fetch £50k in the organ trade over there.
Kids are brainwashed, why else would you sell an organ for a piece of junk that will be out dated in 6 months lol

I wonder how bad he is going to feel when the new Ipad3 comes out next month. haha

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have no sympathy for idiots like this with family and friends who obviously don't care enough to disuade him or care more about him having a piece of plastic that will be outdated in a year or get broken.

I just hope his kidney went to someone who deserves it more than he does.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Who can blame him?I mean, you cant play angry birds on a kidney! all it does is sit there and keep you alive, no big deal.

Btw, is this a gag story?If not, :O

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
That is sad for sure, for a couple reasons...

First off, he could of easily made $10,000 on the black market (average is around $22,000) for a nice healthy kidney and provided he was willing to travel out of the country, some kidney's fetch upwards of $80,000 in parts of Europe and often up into the six digit range in America.

Probably most important when considering this story, is what you have already pointed out, selling his body parts in these hard economic times...except he did it for an IPad2...not to feed his family, or to pay the next months rent, light bill, medication for a sick child, etc...he did it fot an electronic entertainment (or informational, depending on how you look at an IPad2) device that serves no purpose in human need at all.

I don't feel sorry for him and in my opinion he is an idiot. The decline of the human race might of started with the other idiot that made the deal with him, but he is a fine example of sad in the end.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Due to economic conditions people have to resort to horrible things they would otherwise not do like prostitution or the sale of body parts but for an Ipad2????

OR....

Simply live without.

Billions of people have been born and lived full happy lives and died without an Ipad2.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I believe they meant people will do things like prostitution just to scrape by, and that theyre disgusted by the sale of a part for a toy

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
reply to post by SLAYER69

I believe they meant people will do things like prostitution just to scrape by, and that theyre disgusted by the sale of a part for a toy

Yeah thats what i ment by that. ill have to fix it

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

Fair enough but remember Prostitution is considered by some as one of the OLDEST professions.
Setting that argument aside.

The Kid is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I want a Gulfstream G550 and I can't seem to get more than about 5 bucks for any part of my body.

I guess I can take that as feedback...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
jesus thats insane! Whats he guna do when Ipad 3 comes out? Donate his liver or an arm!?!?!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
jesus thats insane! Whats he guna do when Ipad 3 comes out? Donate his liver or an arm!?!?!
LOL I was just thinking this exact same thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

When the iPad first came out I wanted one really badly too, but I couldn't afford one so I just stole my teachers out of her car. Only a moron would sell a body part for an iPad.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Idiocracy rising....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I failed to mention in my last post that it is illegal in nearly all countries to sell oragans of any kind, hence the black market is so eager to make a payment for you healthy (or not so healthy) kidney, if you are so inclined to sell it. Also there are considerable risks to selling your kidney when you think about the surgeon who is illegally removing it from your body with supposedly sterile equipment (in most likely a motel room or other such place were this can be done without worry).

The selling of human organs in the U.S., Canada, South America, and just about every developed country is illegal. There are no legitimate organizations that purchase organs, so if you receive an offer from someone claiming to work for one, its probably best to run away.
answers.gardenandhearth.com...

Rum away sounds like solid advice...the IPad2 can wait until Christmas, or Fathers Day, it's coming up!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sounds like his kidney was shanghai'ed by consent. This is a good example of why organ merchandizing is illegal in the US and many other places. Idiocracy rising indeed.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by jerryznv

When the iPad first came out I wanted one really badly too, but I couldn't afford one so I just stole my teachers out of her car. Only a moron would sell a body part for an iPad.

Although I don't condone stealing at all...I will say it sounds a heck of alot better than putting up a body part!

Thumbs up for keeping your kidney...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join