It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ok. Here we go. This thread will more than likely vanish as so many other "Is it just me, or?" threads but, I'm throwing this zany thought out to the masses...is it just me, or is it more windy in the summer these days?
I live on a park and I am used to the wind coming across it, but it just feels like there are more VERY windy days in the last two years...

Now, I know it is windy in Colorado in the winter...

JET STREAM WINDS OVER COLORADO ARE MUCH STRONGER IN THE WINTER THAN IN THE WARM SEASON...
strange that is all caps...

more wind in winter

But lately it has been windier in the summer. Hmmm..

I live in south Denver CO. We have had strange weather this year, but Colorado is famous for it's instantly changing weather so probably nothing.

Weather experts? OZ?

ColoradoJens
edit on 2-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
well I live in southern Oklahoma and I am by no means an expert but myself and others around me have made this same observation recently. . . VERY windy, for what seems like weeks!! occasionally we have a day when it's not windy.

Will Rogers once said "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, wait a few minutes. It will change."

Today it will be high near 97F with 15 MPH winds and 47 MPH wind gusts
tomorrow, high near 96F with 18 MPH winds and 43 MPH wind gusts
Saturday, high near 92F with 11 MPH winds

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We've experienced wind stronger than normal almost every day here in northern indiana. A lot of weather systems have been coming through too, and it seems to be very windy on the backside of these systems. I'm not a meteorologist so i can't really explain it, but it is weird. It sure is annoying though, since i work for a lawn care service and most days on our riders i get a face full of grass lol.
edit on 6/2/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Hello Indiana - I agree it has been windy in the north part of
the state and lots of weather systems coming thru. I would
think by the time the temps are in the 90's every day we will
be wanting a little wind. BTW its breezy today and very nice
as you probably know - is that a storm system I see to the
west?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Funny you should make this thread because I was just thinking the same thing.
It's been very windy here and just yesterday my mom and I were complaining about it. She said it was so windy her car was all over the road. The wind has been great for drying out the ground after all the rain we've been having, so that's a plus. I've about had it with all the rain as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
In Texas (the part I live in, anyway) the wind has been blowing hard almost all day, every day for weeks on end. Now, we have been known to get some sea breeze every once in a while, and sometimes when a front comes through. But usually these are far and few between. It is normally stagnant, hot, steamy and miserable with people begging for a wind to kick up! Right now I'd love to have those conditions back because all of this wind and dust is making my allergies go HAYWIRE!
We need rain BAD! If you have extra please send!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It has been more windy , not to mention for a longer period of time

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Been noticing lots of winds, still breezy ones to strong gusty kinds. Still freezing cold, too.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
think about it, the climates are gradually moving and changing, conflicting with each other in the change of seasons.
the pattern is no longer that, it's becoming more dissonant due to new factors and variables in the climate.
just imagine the effects of all the events that have been taking place on top of naturally evolving climatic systems.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm in Minnesota and the weather here is just nuts..Its been windy here for days and cool its June and im still wearing a jacket outside.. But the wind is so strong i cant get anything done in my yard this isn't normal..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've been reading ATS for quite some time, and this post is an all-time new low. That's saying something! Congrats!

BTW, for what it's worth, it was the windiest I've ever seen it in Los Angeles a few days ago.

And no, I don't consider that strange.

Welcome to planet Earth.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
I've been reading ATS for quite some time, and this post is an all-time new low. That's saying something! Congrats!

BTW, for what it's worth, it was the windiest I've ever seen it in Los Angeles a few days ago.

And no, I don't consider that strange.

Welcome to planet Earth.

Ha! I'll take it! All-time low! It's a thread btw. Sure is windy these days!!!

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
2011 is proving to be one of the (if not the) windiest year in history. The Wind Anomaly maps at NOAA are off the charts. We have had many (if not most) outdoor events cancelled this year because of it.
I live in a very horse show/rodeo oriented area and we can't even get out to ride.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
2011 is proving to be one of the (if not the) windiest year in history. The Wind Anomaly maps at NOAA are off the charts. We have had many (if not most) outdoor events cancelled this year because of it.
I live in a very horse show/rodeo oriented area and we can't even get out to ride.

Stratus9, thanks for the post - so far the count is 6 noticing this and one dissenter...based upon your name. I take it you have an interests in the atmosphere/stratosphere? I am wondering how to compile a few years data on this - sounds like I'll be checking out the NOAA site...thanks and here's to a calm and occasionally breezy summer!

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
By the way did the Gulf Stream stop completely yet?? remember,, gulf oil spill,,corexit,,big goo wall,,gulf stream Apperared too be stopping,, at the time,,it stopped yet???
cause that would do it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I'm in Minnesota and the weather here is just nuts..Its been windy here for days and cool its June and im still wearing a jacket outside.. But the wind is so strong i cant get anything done in my yard this isn't normal..

Love Minnesota! I have a brick from old Metropolitan Stadium on a shelf...anyway I agree. AND I wanted to point out, in your sig you have the amazing ant colony...my kids and I watched that like ten times over the weekend! Awesome!

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Im in CO too....
I have no houses behind my house....almost all open space all the way down to the Springs....
It has been uncomfortably flippn windy for weeks now. I have only lived here a few years, but I do not remember it being this windy...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Im in the UK and yes I would say that it has infact been a lot more windy. I have noticed it more this year.
Even my young children keep asking why its so windy all the time.

My poor Rose bush has been ripped apart by the wind and we may have to cut it down!

Also I was in my local chemist the other day getting my hayfever tablets, eye drops and nasal spray!!! When the pharmacist mentioned that many people had been in with very bad hayfever this year. I said to him do you think the wind maybe making it worst for some people? He said it most likely is!

I have noticed myself that when we have warm/hot windy days, my hayfever is very intence and I really suffer with very itchy eyes! My hayfever is never this bad, normally just get itchy/runny nose.

So yes I would say in my opinion that it has got windier.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Im in CO too....
I have no houses behind my house....almost all open space all the way down to the Springs....
It has been uncomfortably flippn windy for weeks now. I have only lived here a few years, but I do not remember it being this windy...

Hey I listened in the other night! Cool beans! I sent in a hello over skype right at the end...next time I can participate I am definately throwing my two cents in! And Colorado is the king of ever changing weather - if you've been here a while, this may ring a bell. Since I was a kid, it was always beaming hot and sunny (in the summer) in the morning and early afternoon. ALWAYS around 4-5 clouds would come in, threaten rain, and clear for our great orange and blue sunsets...seems to be reveresed so far this season...

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981
Im in the UK and yes I would say that it has infact been a lot more windy. I have noticed it more this year.
Even my young children keep asking why its so windy all the time.

My poor Rose bush has been ripped apart by the wind and we may have to cut it down!

Also I was in my local chemist the other day getting my hayfever tablets, eye drops and nasal spray!!! When the pharmacist mentioned that many people had been in with very bad hayfever this year. I said to him do you think the wind maybe making it worst for some people? He said it most likely is!

I have noticed myself that when we have warm/hot windy days, my hayfever is very intence and I really suffer with very itchy eyes! My hayfever is never this bad, normally just get itchy/runny nose.

So yes I would say in my opinion that it has got windier.

This season has been the WORST for blowing allergens...I left my screen door slightly ajar two days ago and had to clean the pollen off my keyboard...Thanks for the international perspective.

Also, seems like this is becomming more common:

Bouncy Castle now out of Control Space Ship

CJ
edit on 5-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join