It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sony PSP VS. the Nintendo DS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All right Nintendo is about to release a new portable system. Sony decides to enter the same ring looks like its time for WAR!!! Now before debate lets get some pros and cons

Sony's PSP
Pros
UMDs hold better audio and more data
UMDs play movies and music

Cons
Sony has a reputation of selling products that break easily
Exposed screen tends to get scratched easily
Disks mean load times

Nintendo's DS
Pros
Cartriges means no load times
No optical drives increases durabilty
Dual screens opens up numerous possiblitys, especially in RPGs

Cons
Cartriges don't hold as much data and lower quality sound
Like the Gamecube it doesn't play music or movies

All right lets debate!
:bash:

:bnghd:
:w:

[Edited on 8/5/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sony PSP > Nintendo DS

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The DS is going to own the PSP.

All the PSP is getting is crappy ports of PS2 titles.

Good graphics? Who gives a shiz when the battery life is only 2 1/2 hours because of that?

The DS will own the PSP, plain and simple. Longer battery life + tons of great games + an interesting way to play them = WINNER

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by EliteXizer]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Actually the GBA cartridges can hold 45min of video. Not sure about DS. But the problem with movies is they are long which means less battery life. Not to mention everything sony of mine is broken.

DS will rule but in the end it will come down to battery life.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My verdict is.........*drum roll*.........the.......Nintendo DS! I think its obvious. The DS will torch the PSP
, the PSP is going to end up like the N-Gage. "Any style of gameplay that is possible on the PSP is possible on the DS but the reverse is not true." Forgot who said that but it was some guy really high up in Nintendo. I can easily agree with that statement. The first two games I'm buying are Super Mario 64X4 and Pictochat. Hey if I'm lucky I can pick up some girls with the wireless connection and pictochat

[Edited on 8/6/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
DS has disks not Cartridges and it will own sony no matter what

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
True the DS will own the PSP but it uses cartriges not disks.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The DS will kill
the Sony PSP.

I'm Glad that Nintendo changed the disign from that ugly one to there new better looking more streamlined one! Props to Nintendo.

Old DS design
Closed DS in High Res
Open DS in High Res
Sony PSP

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I still think the Sony PSP > Nintendo DS

But I don't really care since I'll probably end up getting both.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
FYI, Sony has already made it clear that the Sony PSP will have no ports - only original material. The PSP and DS will both have their place in the market. The second screen on the DS should definitely be interesting, to say the least.

Sony's use of such a small disk will actually keep loading time to a minimum - there is much less space for the laser to traverse on such a small sized disk. The loading time might actually be quicker than the Gamecube's loading time.

From everything I have read, the Sony PSP should prove to be quite a sturdy device. As far as the screen goes, I'm sure there will be plastic screen protectors for it - the same type that PDAs use.

I plan on buying both. I believe that there will be some great content on each device, and no one should overlook either simply because they are a Sony "fanboy," or a Nintendo "fanboy."

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I still think the Sony PSP > Nintendo DS

But I don't really care since I'll probably end up getting both.

I hope you have a lot of money, 'cause they're each going to cost more than $100. The PSP is going to be pretty high.

top topics

join