It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria protests heat up as reports of 13 year old boy tortured to death surface

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
In the Iranian protests they had a women killed in the streets. In Tunisia, they had a man set himself on fire. This may now be the spark that truly ignites the Syrian revolution.

13 year old, Hamza Ali al-Khateeb was found with evidence of torture at the beginning of May. Bruises all over his body, bullet wounds in his limbs, a broken neck and his penis cut off. That is the extent that some sadistic bast*rd went to, to kill this young boy.

"A doctor who examined the body found that that before the boy had died, he had been beaten with sticks and shoes. He was shot many times and his face was unrecognizable from swelling," one activist said. "They cut off his penis before he died."

Pictures of the teen have been posted on social networking sites, and have increased awareness about the grave situation. Activists hope that it will cause more Syrians to rally in protest and hit the streets. Whatever happens, I hope they find the person/people who did this and that boy's family gets the justice they deserve

Will Outrage at the Torture of a 13-Year-Old Help Syrians Overcome Their Fear of the Regime?

Hamza Al-Khatib, Syria Boy, Brutally Killed In Custody (GRAPHIC VIDEO)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow the brutality of those wishing to keep power at all costs never fails to disgust me. How can it be separated from a pathological mentality? Total insanity everywhere, no sense of humanity left in those awarded (or taken by force) our caretakers. Do we think it would be any different here in the good old US of A? If people choose to peacefully provoke change, will our government come down on us with equal brutality? Would we allow them too?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
In the Iranian protests they had a women killed in the streets. In Tunisia, they had a man set himself on fire. This may now be the spark that truly ignites the Syrian revolution.

13 year old, Hamza Ali al-Khateeb was found with evidence of torture at the beginning of May. Bruises all over his body, bullet wounds in his limbs, a broken neck and his penis cut off. That is the extent that some sadistic bast*rd went to, to kill this young boy.

S & F

Thanks for taking the time to post. The world can sure be an ugly place sometimes. [No matter who is at fault and why] My heart goes out to the families of said victims.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There are few regimes and places more oppressive and sinister than Syria. Liberals think these are the good guys and Israel the bad guys. Its just the other way around.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

The news article I read yesterday said that he had been held for almost a month. He had also been beaten with a with a wire rope, evidence of burns to his feet and face, and had been shocked repeatedly with electric shock. His father had been told to not look under the blankets but did anyway. When he did he fainted. There is some question why his body and 13 others all showing toture were released. It has been speculated that it was a warning of what to expect if they continue resisting the government.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I have a 12 year old boy. My mind can't accept this.

I pray that this small flame engulfs those torturers, and i trust that this act is avenged by any force of good in the universe.

This is police state, what tptb want for us all.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Just read an article about this while using the Firefox "Stumble"feature.
Couldn't watch the video to the end.
It left me empty and hopeless,but at the same time very angry!
Maybe anger can unite us as mankind to fight this,love doesn't really work!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Here we go again.... Does every thread have to be turned into a Israel vs Arabs or Jews vs Muslims thread. These forums are dry and disapointing lately. It seems alot of people feel they have to provide their one-sided, un-original and poorly evidenced opinions.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by lucid eyes

Get out of here, how can you stoop so low as to use this horrible crime against humanity to push an unrelated political agenda?

Shame on you.

Disgusting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Animals, they are all Animals. No wonder israel acts the way it does.

if this is what syria does to its own people what would they do to israel of they had a chance?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
This is police state, what tptb want for us all.

now this makes perfect sense why there are
120 dead syrian security forces in that other thread.

eventually this is what DHS will be doing
in America when you protest, you become
a terrorist.

ANY regime who supports this type
of torture is not human.

edit on 6/7/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Why should we be surprised yet horrified? Those "people" have been brutalizing their own kinds for a long time. They should be left alone to fix their own problems without getting other countries involved.
edit on 2011-6-07 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

top topics

join