It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stricken Fukushima nuke plant leaking oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
After checking out the Japanese Times website this morning, I came across this article that explains how oil tanks at the Fukashima plant have been leaking oil....possibly since March 11th.

Oil was leaking into the sea from heavy oil tanks for reactors 5 and 6 at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Tuesday, adding the spill may have been ongoing since the March 11 quake and tsunami.Tepco said workers at the site saw an oil slick floating on the sea at 8 a.m. Tuesday near the intakes of units 5 and 6.

The oil slick is believed to be 200 to 300 meters long.

They don't know exactly how much oil has leaked, only states how much the tanks could hold. And of course they mention the lack of proper inspections by the Tepco Corp. following the tsunami.

Lucky for us, the oil cannot absorb radiation from the water itself, but it can absorb radiation from the air.

Whew, that makes me feel a whole lot better!
So not only do we have nuclear radiation to worry about, we also have a small oil slick that needs to be contained. This just keeps getting better!

Japanese Times

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
bump

2nd

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Man don't you find it interesting that NONE of this information comes out while this is all happening?? For instance.

They say this was probably happening since the earthquake....But we only find out now??

How was everything happening at the time, and the faulty inspections come up NOW and not at the time to blame the faulty inspections on this and everything else

I can't believe people still believe what MSM produces daily and hides everything until there is nothing left, and THEN comes out with the true story behind it....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Leaking oil you say?
I can't think of leaking anything worse for the environment...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I agree, the last few threads I have authored have touched on what we were not told, and the MSM's admission of what we already knew.

What surprises me is that ATS doesn't care anymore either. I can't get but just a few people to talk about this. We are/were being lied to and most people just carry on without missing a step. I suppose if I made this an OMG BP/Nuke=oil spill thread I could get some people to pay attention, but not gonna do it.

Thanks for adding to the conversation!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What surprises me is that ATS doesn't care anymore either. I can't get but just a few people to talk about this.

Hello, I don't think that ATS doesn't care about the subject,
I think that all of this and more is being discussed on the thread below on a daily basis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

as for the oil slick, reckon its small fry in comparison to the rest of whats happening

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JackieO

I haven't seen any talk of this is that thread. Or any of the other issues I have brought up, other than Tepco disclosure.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
if you go to page 907 you will find them discussing the oil leak there dated 31st May, they have also been discussing the situation at no5 and no6 buildings,
I was just trying to be helpful in pointing you to a very good thread where there is very good information and debate on a daily basis about all things concerning the nuclear disaster seeing as you were finding it hard to get like minded people engaging in the threads you were posting

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Yeah man, the population has a 24 hour memory and if it doesn't effect them in any way.....Who cares?? Right....That's what most people think...It is very sad and I can't even imagine if something that terrible happened closer to here. You know how many Americans would keep talking about this?? EVERYONE but since it's so far away and nobody cares....It just dies....Very sad

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JackieO

Thanks! It's obvious I missed it.

Off I go!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackieO
as for the oil slick, reckon its small fry in comparison to the rest of whats happening
Yes and the oceans have natural oil leaks so it's not like nature doesn't know how to deal with a little oil. This one doesn't sound too bad, nothing like the oil leak in the gulf from the deepwater horizon accident.

But I hadn't heard about this before, I'm not sure why nobody mentioned it but they probably had bigger problems to worry about, like dying from radiation exposure, etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Actually if the oil has been leaking since March 11th like they suspect, it may not turn out to be such a teensy little problem afterall.

But whether it is or not, I'm sure we'll be told that it is.

Thank goodness we have the officials to watch over our mental wellbeing.

new topics

top topics

join