It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush Never Stops Thinking About New Ways To Harm Our Country And Our People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
what good man would really wanna be prez now days anyway.

Face it Bush is the best we got right now so live with it....
I think I will move to canada if Dumb and Dumber win [the 2 Johns]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I hope some of you actually watched the DNC Kerry Acceptance speech, a week ago today. Otherwise you will think I'm full of it. You may have even watched the speach, and still think I'm full of it. Anyways a week ago today, John Kerry made a similar snafu in his acceptance speech at the DNC. Did anyone else catch this? He said:

"We will add 40,000 active duty troops - not in Iraq, but to strengthen American forces that are now overstretched, overextended, and under pressure. We will double our special forces to conduct terrorist operations."

This is pretty strange if you ask me. I looked to find this in a transcript of his speech. The first site I looked at had corrected the mistake in the transcript. It says anti-terrorist operations, in place of terrorist operations. I watched the speech with my wife. After he said it, we both looked at eachother as if to say, he didn't just say that did he? We are both positive that is what we heard.

Is it possible they are both letting the proverbial cat out of the bag? Freudian slips abound?
Tom Sawyer

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomSawyer
Did anyone else catch this?

Indeed they did Tom.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A few people commented on this after it happened.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I saw the Kerry speech, too. He immediately corrected himself and said "anti-terrorist." Kerry listens to what he is saying, and corrects himself when he misspeaks.

Bush obviously doesn't listen to what he is saying, because he went right on speaking. The audience obviously wasn't listening either, because the news story says there was no audience reaction.

Bush frequently makes statements which can be misconstrued to mean something quite different than what he meant. These statements are called Bushisms. My favorite one was when he said something like

Senators pass laws, and I execute them.

I repeat my question in my original post. What happens if Bush mangles a sentence while talking to a foreign leader, and the translator translates it verbatim?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OMG donguillermo, you stated something intelligent!

Kerry does listen to what he is saying, because he is of Senatorial stock and therefore must debate. Bush is of Governatorial stock and only needs to take action, with little regard to spoken words.

That is why Kerry will make a bad president and Bush a better one than Kerry at least.

There are several good books about how most of the presidents have been Governors and why.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
The news article speaks for itself. Obviously, Bush misspoke, but do we really want a President who is continually committing verbal faux pas like this, and cannot communicate in intelligible English? What if he said something like this to a foreign leader, and his remarks were translated verbatim?

1. Yes
2. So what? Foreign leaders also mis-speak. Find something worthwhile to worry about.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Bush�s misstatement �just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak.�

And so should Mr. McClellen?

Some people mis-speak, and some people mis-spell. Nobody's perfect.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree, JoeTex, that our choices for this election are severely limited. I'm not exactly a fan of what the Democrats have to offer this time either. It's a matter of the lesser of the evils.

Bush's strategy of "the best defense is a good offense" may be valid on the gridiron, but as a defense/foreign policy it's insane. It flies in the face of what America has always stood for (when the rest of the world respected us), which was that we would only go to war when we had to, and not when we want to. We are basically telling the world, "Do as we say, not as we do". That kind of thinking and arrogance will bite us in the end.

In my opinion a President should possess great leadership qualities and should excercise exceptional judgement. Since none of the criteria given by Bush for invading Iraq has turned out to be valid, I must question his judgement. When given questionable intelligence, the President should be capable of weighing it in contrast to other factors, and then make a responsible decision based on sound judgement. In this case I believe he failed on both counts. I cannot escape the conclusion that either

a) Bush blindly, though honestly, followed bad intelligence, giving no
consideration to the loud protests eminating from the rest of the
world, or
b) A spin was intentionally put on the intelligence in order to justify
what he had decided he was going to do from the first day he entered
office. I distinctly recall Bush saying long before the invasion of Iraq
that the policy of his administration was "regime change". If this is
true, that an agenda was already in place, then
c) The President flatout lied to the Nation in order to carry out his own
personal vendetta.

And if any of the above are true, then I believe our President is not fit for the job. And further, if b) and/or c) is true, then Bush and his cronies should be taken out of office in handcuffs and tried for war crimes.

If Bush is the best we have to offer, then our country will not remain in power much longer. We will either be toppled when Russia and China team up and turn on us or when our country has become bankrupt due to irresponsible, foolish fiscal policy.

I miss the Cold War. At least we knew our enemy then ...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

George Bush Never Stops Thinking About New Ways To Harm Our Country And Our People

When did Bush start to think?!?!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
don guillermo, you represent ignorant america. i am republican, and smart. and i agree with bush. unfortuneately others don't, so they use ignorance to express thier feelings. This war has a point, saddam was our enemy, worked with alquadaetc..... The 911 says other wise, but evryone with a brain knows its partisan. Bush has done the right thing, we are 8 years behind, thanks to clinton, our military budget is perfect, we must dfend our selves. Wake up man , we have no true allies, and the UN is crap. We must defend our ideals. Besides give the man a break he is only human. we need a draft. WE need better education. Destroy hoolywood.

PS: liberals are the biggest hypcrates in history.

Waite i am not done, i have study president bush's life. he is a good person not perfect, but he help many people, blacks in particular, in dallas, He is a 21st president, when he picked his cabinet he picked for the best, it did not matter if they were black, hispanic ,white or asian. Remember this mister guillermo, deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
vote for bush, not kerry and pot smoking fool

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
you make me mad, blame bush for violence blaah, blaah blaah.

Blame this ignorant, sex addicted, violence drieven society. I cannot even watch the history channel with out been thought "uncool". Remeber how the roman empire fell, iignorance, the sickness of sthis society. aThis comment is more associated to the liberal fools moore,madoona etc...... They don't fell the impact of a falling economy ,trust me in ther million dollar apartments.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ok buddy - quit hogging the board - you're being a bit to "liberal" with your words - lmao

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Vote for bush, kerry has a long face

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
liberal
you insult me

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In answer to your question, Donguillermo, I think it would first shock and offend whomever the foreign leader was. The foreign leader, no doubt far more intelligent, would realize he/she is listening to an idiot. A dangerous idiot. This would only serve as further confirmation that such a frightful mentality poses a real threat to world peace, and would further alienate them from us. It would be one more domino to fall in our ultimate decline.

It would be a sad commentary on our nation, and would diminish any remaining respect we might have. The rest of the world is becoming quite distrusting and frightened of us, not because we possess the most weapons of mass destruction, but because we have someone in office thoughtless enough to use them in the name of �God�.

By the way, Donguillermo, I really enjoy your posts �

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
qwzxas - I don't think I should give you any more attention, but I have to ask you...

You point out the problems you see in society....you choose a thread which bashed your politcal party and then you let your thoughts be known by bashing the opposite party

You are trying to make it known that liberals are to blame for everything wrong

What are you really trying to accomplish here besides ranting and raging w/o defence or support for your statements? I'd like to see few links to some non-bias news sources that share your anger.....

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In response to the original question...I love Bushisms! I find it incredible that a single president has drawn more attention to himself with his speech mistakes as opposed to his sexual history....it's the flavor of the term! Proof that the media can make a fool out of anyone.

But truthfully, it is sad that we have a president in office that cannot speak our own language authoratatively - Long gone are the speeches that we could actually remember for their clairavoince, charismatic qualities, and heart-felt insperation, be from a dem or rep....we are left with clipets from speeches that make us laugh or think about those corny "hooked on phonics" commercials....

I think his lack of grammatical skills are most definantly a threat to our country.....Until we reach the point that someone with a real degree they worked for actually writes their speeches...er....sh**t! I guess we're screwed until Lincoln or FDR gets reincarnated - lol

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
One of the reasons of bushes blunders is because he does not read his speeches before speaking them aloud, perhaps if he takes the time to do this he will be able to find any mistakes on them before sticking his foot in his mouth.

In addition, for you qwzxas, do not loose your mind, politics are nasty dirty and overrated so just take a good breath and count to ten, all this be over after elections.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is sad. Its a shame Bush is such an idiot. Could it have something to do with his Texas origin. Look at Chuck Norris, he isn't even a man. lol Bush, Cheeney and Rumsfield all need psychiatric help. Damn those Texans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join