It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush Never Stops Thinking About New Ways To Harm Our Country And Our People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A new 'Bushism': We're gonna get us

WASHINGTON - President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of �Bushisms� on Thursday, declaring that his administration will �never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people.�

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

�Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,� Bush said. �They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.�

The news article speaks for itself. Obviously, Bush misspoke, but do we really want a President who is continually committing verbal faux pas like this, and cannot communicate in intelligible English? What if he said something like this to a foreign leader, and his remarks were translated verbatim?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
just beat me to it i just posted about that

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
they never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country, and neither do we....stop thinking about new ways one may come up with to harm our country. now THAT was a difficult thing to decipher, thanks for the challenge

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I believe it was just recently announced that more planners are needed in the intellegence community. More creative people to think "like a terrorist" to plan how they could do us harm. By thinking of those options (similar to some Navy SEAL doctrines), it would help in defending against attack.

I think he said what he meant. They are thinking and planning how we could be harmed. Using planes was a surprise so now they want to try and be ahead of the game and not behind.

Quite a laugh that people want to see some evil purpose behind the statement and use that to help fuel the hate against their own country. Not all terrorists are foreign I guess...

I suppose you could have added the quote from the same article:

The president was working his way toward a larger point. �We must never stop thinking about how best to defend our country. We must always be forward-thinking,� he said.

But then, that doesn't help the spin, does it?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have to confess that I always enjoy listening to bush speeches, English is not my first language and I spell terrible but at least I can express in oral English better than him that was born and raised in US and a Yale student I am just a University of PR graduated

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Actually, marg, as smokeandmirrors explained, what Bush said was both accurate and proper English. Guess you should do a little more studying as should the author of this thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Didnt bush just sign something for 417 billion dollars?? Where is this money coming from? Better not raise my taxes!! Having second thoughts on my decision for president

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The news article speaks for itself. Obviously, Bush misspoke, but do we really want a President who is continually committing verbal faux pas like this, and cannot communicate in intelligible English? What if he said something like this to a foreign leader, and his remarks were translated verbatim?

�Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,�
�They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.�

I love it when people are taken out of context.. or the simple minded read into something a little too far.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
FreeMason,

Well I have not seen you in a while

By the way you know very well how bad bush is with his speeches.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I have to confess that I always enjoy listening to bush speeches, English is not my first language and I spell terrible but at least I can express in oral English better than him that was born and raised in US and a Yale student I am just a University of PR graduated

Reading your post, I wouldn't go that far if I were you.....

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Affirmative Reaction,

What's wrong with my post?????????????

[edit on 5-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This really just goes to show that you should not be elected, or even run for presidency unless you are capable of coming up with your OWN speeches. I think its wrong for the leader of out country to simply just read what another man has writted for him because its not his words. You cant be speaking from the heart if you reading your speech off a piece of paper.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Taken literally and in context , it means "We[They] never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people."

The man is a chicken and a dummy, what do you expect?

I suppose it could be those in power mocking us with their ultimate plans for us. I would think that people that seriously devious would be more cirucumspect though.

LOL, some people are very sadistic though. They want you to know what tortures you face.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Bush -- Open Mouth, Insert Foot

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think what G. W. Bush means to say is that he is thinking up ways of defending his Country against any type of attack.

He is also justifying a way to develop new methods of attack against his enemies. Eventually, a dissenter against the Government will become an enemy of the State, know what I mean?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
regardless of weather or not it was an error..
I bet the comedians have a feild day with this one.

I read it and burst out laughing....
then wondered....
could he be telling the truth.....

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
this further proves that bush is..

a) retarded

b) an illuminati henchman

c) both

my personal bet is on c

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Im sure this will be all over tv. Its already on the radio. Guaranteed jon stuart on the daily show will make a crack about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Actually, marg, as smokeandmirrors explained, what Bush said was both accurate and proper English. Guess you should do a little more studying as should the author of this thread.

From the article:

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Bush�s misstatement �just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak.�

And so should Mr. McClellen?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think the �simple minded� ones are those who believe our dictator when he tells us things like, �our country is safer now than before 9/11�, while at the same time telling us that, �Our enemies are innovative and resourceful�� and we must be vigilant and stay constantly on our guard.

This President is divisive, paranoid and suffers from delusions of grandeur. He�s a religious fanatic who actually believes he�s the �chosen one�, and that his mission is to cleanse the world of all evil. When you combine all that with an I.Q. of (I�m being generous now) 72, what you have is a threat to all of Humanity that could end up sending us all back to the Stone Ages.

This man scares the hell out of me almost as much as all those who choose to support and follow him down this road to oblivion. I would have never thought our society�s values could become so convoluted as to put their faith in such a monster. All the great things our country has achieved and stood for over the past century are now crumbling down before us, due to the insane policies of the current administration, and we�re too blind to see it. To me these times are much scarier than the good ol� days of the Cold War when all we had to worry about was nuclear annihilation. Thank God Bush wasn�t our President back then. If so we wouldn�t be around now to share this thread.

By the way, I�m neither Democrat nor Republican. I�m Independent until something worthwhile comes along �

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join