It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone on here who believes in "over unity" devices...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
Might as well leave the "over unity" work to the groups and sites who specialize in it like overunity.com or energeticforum.com. ATS just isn't the right environment for this kind of thing.

Very true, as the motto here is "deny ignorance", NOT "embrace ignorance" like believers in overunity devices do!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by cupocoffee
Might as well leave the "over unity" work to the groups and sites who specialize in it like overunity.com or energeticforum.com. ATS just isn't the right environment for this kind of thing.

Very true, as the motto here is "deny ignorance", NOT "embrace ignorance" like believers in overunity devices do!

embrace ingenuity and possibilities and deny ignoramus's

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

There are hundreds of over unity systems on youtube and all over the internet

and they all have the same thing in common - none of them are actually overunity!

Call them whatever you want, i call them free energy devices

aka: perpetual motion machines

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

and they all have the same thing in common - none of them are actually overunity!

there is no such thing.
unless you could develop an energetic liquid or gas that never needed maintenance or a refill

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

there is no such thing.
unless you could develop an energetic liquid or gas that never needed maintenance or a refill

Very true, there is no such thing as overunity, aka perpetual motion devices!

You seem to have the wrong what a perpetual motion machine actually is...
[/hypothetical machines that produce more work or energy than they consume, whether they might operate indefinitely or not/]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

there is no such thing.

Very true, there is no such thing as overunity, aka perpetual motion devices!

You seem to have the wrong what a perpetual motion machine actually is...
[/hypothetical machines that produce more work or energy than they consume, whether they might operate indefinitely or not/]
en.wikipedia.org...

magnets don't consume energy, but yet they are full of energy, which by definition is over unity all by their lil lonesome

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

magnets don't consume energy, but yet they are full of energy, which by definition is over unity all by their lil lonesome

You really have no clue at all about overunity. A litre of petrol is full of energy, but it is not overunity...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

You really have no clue at all about overunity. A litre of petrol is full of energy, but it is not overunity...

the magnet retains its energy while the petrol is consumed, and I'm fully aware of over unity and how it actually works

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
I need to go look in the mirror and chastize myself for being a complete dick yet again!
edit on 18/8/11 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

Good luck mate.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

the magnet retains its energy while the petrol is consumed, and I'm fully aware of over unity and how it actually works

The fact there's a force does not mean there is a transfer of energy.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Because of this thread I have spent longer than probably wise today trying to find a single credible example on the net of anything which defies the very simple:

"Momentum, energy and angular momentum cannot be created or destroyed."

It seems that it would be easy to disprove as the statement is so specific, but aside from some quantum entanglement quirks alluded to in mega-confusing disertations,

I failed.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Last time I checked, plugging my fridge into a magnet didn't keep the veggies cool....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

We've already beat the preceding pages to death. Suffice it to say that the battery charging device does not have me convinced in terms of over-unity effects. One of these days, when I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and have completed my home electronics workbench, I will look into the device more properly, and will probably eat my shirt if it turns out to pass the practical test of "can I start with one battery and charge a hundred batteries without any external power?"

Until then - I honestly don't put much merit in it.

Moving on, to the magnet issue.

Somehow, long ago, we got entropy and force confused. Magnetism is considered a force - but every permanent magnet is governed more by entropic principles than by those of an applied force. A magnetic field seeks to lower the energy state of the system around it - to order it. The magnet and ferrous metals will move toward the magnet. We could really dedicate a whole degree program to the mechanics of magnets and the principles of quantum mechanics that govern them.

Anyway - the point is, once you have a piece of metal attached to a magnet, you must then put energy into the system to separate the magnet and the metal - just as you have to put energy into an object you wish to separate from the Earth. A magnet simply doesn't have "energy" contained within it in any standard sense. Yes, you can "de-magnetize" permanent magnets and draw energy out of them in that fashion, but that's hardly a consideration in normal circumstances. Any energy a magnet appears to have must come from some other part of the environment. As such, it cannot be over-unity or perpetual in any sense of either word.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Aim64C because: corrected an adjective

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I would argue that all systems act in a way as to lower potential energy, not just magnets. Think about the gravitational poential energy, or a stretched spring. Since heat is energy (measured by the jiggling of atoms), the second law of thermodynamics seems to be an equivalent way of talking about energy. Both go from higher to lower.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Imagine being able to provide power on the circuit board to each component that needs power, continuously, from the surroundings, so that no battery is required; and no charging of the device is needed. Imagine no heating issues from the power, no overcharge; and all this being cheaper than the present method of using batteries and power supplies. And imagine being able to do that without giving a physicist a coronary for breaking any of his beloved laws, though there are some puzzling aspects that might intrigue him or her for years to come. Such a device appears to be under development in the U.S. with possible commercial deployment within a year. It uses no polluting components, it uses no fuel, and has been third party tested by several credible groups. Long-time free energy skeptic, Mark Dansie from Australia, is so impressed with this technology that he dropped everything and has spent the past two weeks to investigate this technology that has the potential to have tremendous impact in the energy market.

Source

An Energetic Future with the Endless Electric Field Generator

#1 Breakthrough: Solid State Generator

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

It is extremely hard to build an "overunity" device. I've tried many times and i find that the best way to harvest power is through Solar Energy thru the day to make hydrogen to burn at night via generator. Magnetic generators work until you place a load on them, magneto flux generators only work to a miniscule degree and then power output degrades exponentially under load/heat. I think Quartz is the best medium for "overunity" but i dont have proof positive yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I used to follow the JoeCell group and it seemed to me that there was a human factor involved which is similar to orgone perhaps? ie: it works for some and it does not work for others - although both devices are the same. Maybe it cannot be reliably reproduced because the physics is not totally understood.

It does seem strange that quite a few of the over unity inventors who have shown cars running on their devices, have either met with strange or sticky ends or have been seriously warned not to continue. The ones who have have regretted it.

There ARE reports in newspapers about cars and trucks which have run on JoeCell-type things and I dont know why these have not been verified. There again, if there is some agency which wants to make sure this technology does not come out, then they seem to have unlimited resources.

It is quite possible that by asking this question of our ATS community that they hope to get some further leads on who is in development. If I was them, I would want to know who to keep an eye on too. Like pretty much everyone else on here, I have come to the conclusion that there are many organisations who just want to control everything.

The other thing I would say is that anyone who is trained in science does not like to admit that science and scientific theory does not have explanations for everything. Some things just cannot be proved with the understanding we currently have of our universe. This is why there are loads of examples of technologies which science does not endorse or acknowledge simply because they cannot get their heads around it and measure it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I read the joe cell forums for a while.
Those guys are fishing for shark in a toilet.
The output will always be less than the input. And those videos of cars are faked as well. When ever they are put into a spot where things can be cross checked, there cars always have some sort of problem and cannot be used. It's just a variation of the oldest scam going.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I know the conspiracy aspect doesn't fly for some "skeptics" to sufficiently explain the absence of evidence. However since skeptics love to use cold logic, they should remember that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

This argument in this thread is framed with a few problematic assumptions:

1) Overunity devices are easy to build

There are certainly people who claim that overunity devices are easy to build, and probably many are scams. Busting a scam is not the same as busting a concept, and the claims of a scam do not represent all overunity arguments.

2) Since overunity devices are easy to build, the average Joe should have built it by now

Even if overunity was easy to build, people do not necessarily take advantage of things that could make their lives better. In my experience the average Joe (myself included) is afraid of significant change, even if it has great potential. It takes substantial bravery to change your way of life; the people who would actually try to develop overunity are in the marginal minority, and there are plenty of stories about those types of people being bought off, threatened or silenced.

3) Overunity can be explained by our current model of physics

Testing overunity through mathematics and computer models assumes that our current understanding of physics is complete, which we all know is not true. The only way to test overunity is in an actual experiment.

4) If overunity existed, investors would be eager to invest in overunity devices

If overunity is demonstrated, investors could make a decent profit from selling the devices, but it would be a one-time sale (unless they break frequently). A large number of one-time sales are nice, but recurring profits are better. The energy industry, which is a huge chunk of the economy, has already secured recurring profits. Why change to a one-time sale?

Our economic model strives for ponzi-esque expansion, not sustainability. Thus a durable, long-lasting product is contrary to the interests of our entire economic model (and especially contrary to the interests of a handful of powerful individuals).

Edit: I just noticed the age of this thread -- I clicked on a sig and landed here

edit on 13-7-2012 by wagnificent because: no reason

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join