It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how much faster can we destroy this planet???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Populations of wildlife species in the world-renowned Masai Mara reserve in Kenya have crashed in the past three decades, according to research published in the Journal of Zoology. Numbers of impala, warthog, giraffe, topi and Coke's hartebeest have declined by over 70%, say scientists. Even fewer survive beyond the reserve in the wider Mara, where buffalo and wild dogs have all but disappeared, while huge numbers of wildebeest no longer pass through the region on their epic migration. However, numbers of cattle grazing in the reserve have increased by more than 1100% per cent, although it is illegal for them to so do.

do i have to say more??? i mean really??? this infuriates me to no end... i am sorry for our children's children who won't know what a wildebeest even is... or was... guess that's what history class is for?? for the future generations to eventually not believe in mythological creature of our ancestors... because that's what will end up happening... too many years from now, who will be there to dispute it? oh right, a museum..

anyhoo... not a happy camper here, this little place, Masai Mara, losing life on a grand scale... and why??? because it isn't any different that they need the grazing areas, not any different than say a dozer clearing away a few thousand trees for those new condos near the beach... who cares right? the people that will live in those condos won't even know what a giraffe was...

but yeah it's okay, because in X to the infinity years humanity will be living under the deserts of mars right? you know we have so many back up planets once we've cleared this one of habitability..

edit on 31-5-2011 by schitzoandro because: more frustration

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
www.bbc.co.uk...

do i have to say more??? i mean really??? this infuriates me to no end... i am sorry for our children's children who won't know what a wildebeest even is... or was... guess that's what history class is for?? editby]edit on 31-5-2011 by schitzoandro because: more frustration

Yea but Snooki is still here, almost the same thing right?

Don't know why this post is messed up but I get what your saying S&F for caring, although I seem to think regarding my history classes that history is for brainwashing and if people knew the real history we wouldn't be in the messes we are in now. peace

edit on 31-5-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

LOLOL, yes they will know what a Snooki is... and a seinfeld... and how to survive on a deserted island (although there won't be any) with a celebrity....

dude, and totally your edit is exactly right
edit on 31-5-2011 by schitzoandro because: add for previous edit

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We could destroy this planet in less than a millionth of a nano second.

Think for a minute, hydrogen atoms, splitting continuously creating a global chain reaction.

Mutually assured destruction, yes.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is the natural extension of our way of living. As long as we continue to extract raw materials for the purpose of building civilisation and view the economy as the best indicator of success, this is the end result.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

no, i absolutely know that, and i totally agree... i am just sick of seeing how all the animals that once ruled this planet are no longer slowly being driven out of existence... i guess i'm glad warthogs don't know how to build an atom bomb or humanity would LONG have been gone from eeee-aaaarth

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

I do agree with you, however remember the whole Survival of the Fittest thing. We humans are, after all, animals ourselves. We are the only species on Earth who feel bad and try to stop extinctions of animals.

It is wrong to knowingly eliminate an entire species or not do something to help them, but nature will be nature, be that man made circumstances or naturally occurring events. (if i worded that correct, hopefully you'll understand what I am saying)

But to answer your question, we are to the point now where we know what we are doing and are trying to fix it with new regulations and cleaner tech. In a theory of mine, this global ecological change of mind could be the catalyst to show other civilizations we are maturing and ready for disclosure. (just a theory don't jump on that, I say it with a grain of salt.)

Mac

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
and to further the damnation of humanity...

www.iucnredlist.org...

do we really think we are incapable of being on this list? NO, it is highly likely that this list will cease to exist... as soon as we do, and if anyone out there thinks humans are incapable of extinction, you REALLY need to think things through a little more thoroughly...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
how much faster can we destroy this planet???,

This car wreck is speeding up everyday,On a dashboard scale i would say the tacho is on redline ,the odometer is hitting about 380,000 , , Well overdue on an oil and filter change ,and full of rust.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Don't ask that question OP. There's a lot more that people can do, as sad as it is.

How do we explain this at the millenial species meeting???

Squirrels: "we made hella trees grow!"
Worms: "we helped the soil breath!"
Humans: "we made all of you extinct, killed the planet, and made the air unbreathable!!!"

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
and i think i just found the perfect line regarding what my point was trying to emphasize...

www.iucnredlist.org...

However, we are the ones who lose in the long run, as the services that nature provides us start to disappear,” said Dr Leon Bennun, BirdLife’s Director of Science and Policy.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join