It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have begun building The Tower of Babel again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And that tower is none other than the internet!

In time the internet will connect human beings on every continent of this planet. With a slight upgrade, we should all be able to communicate in one language.

I wonder will the "Gods" fear this unification and destroy this "new" Tower of Babel?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
We already can communicate world wide in basically one language. Gene (the Demon) Simmons has been promoting his latest investment called www.Ortsbo.com where you can type in your language and it will display in the language of the viewer.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think you missed the moral and the meaning of the tower of babel. First, prior to the tower's construction, all humans spoke the same language. Your theory has a fatal flaw right there. Second, the tower was being constructed as a direct challenge to God's power. It was to show that humans could be "as Gods", which was satan's sin. Pride. "I shall be as the most high". The tower was man's way of saying "we shall be as gods". The internet has little to do with that, imo anyway. It is a good way to communicate and helps bring about part of end times prophecy though.

Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

In my opinion, satellite communications and the internet are a large part of this.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The only thing that would alter human history is a time machine. That God would prevent from being built. Anything else is just futility.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I think you missed the moral and the meaning of the tower of babel. First, prior to the tower's construction, all humans spoke the same language. Your theory has a fatal flaw right there. Second, the tower was being constructed as a direct challenge to God's power. It was to show that humans could be "as Gods", which was satan's sin. Pride. "I shall be as the most high". The tower was man's way of saying "we shall be as gods". The internet has little to do with that, imo anyway. It is a good way to communicate and helps bring about part of end times prophecy though.

Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

In my opinion, satellite communications and the internet are a large part of this.

In that context, the Tower of Babel is the new United Nations building.The one that exactly resembles the first.Have you not seen the propaganda U.N posters that went around Europe (Pax Europa),saying we shall rebuild it.They even made remarks in documents saying that Christ will one day knock on their door.The building I am refering to is the new one that like a squat layered wedding cake.

OP,I get the sentiment of what you are saying

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I don't disagree with you there, I was explaining that the internet did not fit.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Tower of Babel is already finnished

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Tell me I just came from there.

Above Top Secret....
edit on 31-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I happen to be of the belief that the tower of babel
isn't necessarily limited in meaning to a building or structure.
It is a common ideology that drives mankind to be
Gods instead of God's children. Therefore, it can be
anything with the same ideology.

edit on 5/31/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It was actually called a Ta-Wer (bond between heaven and earth) not a tower.

It was not god who destroyed the Ta-Wer and scattered mankind it was the "GOD's" something very different from GOD!
These Gods were flesh and blood like you and I, today we wouldn't call them gods, we would call them extraterrestrials. Back then they were called God's or watchers.

top topics

join