It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Warns: "Those Who Can, Should Move Their Families Out Of the City"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There's really one thing that I haven't seen anyone talk about yet. Even though it sounds corny it's a very real threat. When S does indeed HTF, the vast majority of urban populations are going to start to starve. What do you think they are going to start eating? If there is an urban population left cannibalism will start to spread after stores of food run out. Humans are not above eating each other when the times get rough. This would make an urban environment very dangerous to anyone sticking around.

However if the S Hing T F doesn't last long no worries. Over a few months however, if the initial emergency doesn't kill off enough people so that the surviving can last on stores of food long enough to self-sustain, anyone in the urban life will have serious problems.

Not to mention gangs of people looking to loot anything they can to ensure their own survival.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I agree, after the SHTF and if serious enough the breakdown of law and order. As existing stocks of food and supplies disappear people will start to turn on each other, initially I imagine to take by force what they need but as things get worse, eventually feeding on each other. It's not a pleasant thought and for many people it's probably hard to imagine a sceanario where neighbour would turn against neighbour but just looking at the events in Rwanda and in the former Yugoslavia show how quickly people who previously lived together can turn on each other ( yes those examples had existing ethnic tensions but I imagine few people would have believed the depths to which they would sink prior to the events.

<< 1   >>

join