It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Warns: "Those Who Can, Should Move Their Families Out Of the City"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Congressman Warns: "Those Who Can, Should Move Their Families Out Of the City"

www.shtfplan.c om

We realize that for most people this may be decried as fear-mongering and crazy survival talk. We can’t help but point out, however, that it’s not just Representative Roscoe Bartlett, economist Marc Faber, and trend forecaster Gerald Celente that are recommending you prepare and head for rural areas. The US Pentagon and Military are very much aware of these possibilities and they’re preparing for exactly the scenarios described in this documentary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

It's a very interesting documentary, especially for those living in the city. I myself have been wondering many times how to prepare myself as I live in an urban area. Being confronted with the people who have gone through the great depression. Although they managed to barely steer us away from an instant economic meltdown two years ago, the damage that has been done is irreversible and hence, it's just a matter of time for the burning card house to collapse.

Knowing that the odds are greater that we will go through another great depression (we actually already are in terms of economic determinants), than the odds we are not. If you truly care about your family you at least think of a plan in case SHTF. Most sheeple continue to live their lives, thinking only of what happens right now, such as the austerity measures, so exploit the advantage you have knowing what could possibly come.

www.shtfplan.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What credentials does Congressman Barlett have

is he still a congressman?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This was already posted somewhere, but Im too tired to look.

It bears repeating anyways

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Roscoe Gardner Bartlett, Ph.D. (born June 3, 1926) is the U.S. Representative for Maryland's 6th congressional district, serving since 1993. He is a member of the Republican Party, and a member of the Tea Party Caucus. He is the second oldest Republican member of the House.
reply to post by guessing

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
so weird, my gf who never visits this site said the same thing...maybe something is up?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Ok so he has been a round for a while, a fmaily man, good living kinda guy with a masters of Physiology.

it is a better life in the country though so I guess he is right.

SWHTF int the country too. so wheres the conspiracy?.. Just asking...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Recently a plane went down but they recovered .What is telling about human nature is ,unlike depictions in film of people screaming and crying, EVERYONE WAS SILENT.
That tells me something.
It tells me that think tanks, Psychology and above all politicians guess wrong all the time.
We aren't going to attack each other we are going to survive.We have done it before and we will do it again.
Don't react to fearsome news or events by losing control of your capacity to think.
Fear kills don't give it a chance.
I'll help all I can and we all must help each other when (or if) this or other disasters occur.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Haven't watched the video yet,
just popped in to say

I have been saying this for years.

Be back after viewing.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
good documentary.
The title is misleading though.

Judging by the comments left by country folk, they dont like city dwellers invading their communities. touchè

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Glad I live in a college town out in the mountains.
I can go eat cat tails grubs and squirrels if the shtf.
Also it doesn't hurt to know how to dumpster dive.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by Mdv2

Move to rural areas? That doesn't make one iota of sense to me.

No wonder he's likely senile and shouldn't be serving in any capacity at this point.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Our species is designed to survive when the going gets rough. We adapt.
It serves no purpose to live life in fear of what may come.

I think this thread belongs in the survivalist forum

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

I hope so but when it hit the fan in New Orleans it became Mad Max and the wild west,also heard the scanners after Joplin looting and bad behaviour a plently,maybe 40 years ago people would stick together in your country I dont know about now.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
It serves no purpose to live life in fear of what may come.

There is a distinct difference between being anxious and being prepared though.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

what a nice and insulting comment

backed up of coarse with nothing but opinion

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
question from the video:

"What would be different now"

no sleeping at the bus and train stations
The seats are designed now so that they are not like benches and almost impossible to sleep on. This is particularly true of bus stops.

My impression of the Trailer

A group of people who believe that politicians work for us, and have taken custody of their own futures accordingly.

In other words,
Isn't it interesting how Hurrican Katrina showed that consolidation of power into the fed left our communities and culture gutted of layers upon layers of intermediate representatives that we used to have. Americans are a vast volitile mob of individuals with no chain of representation anymore.

Going to the web site to watch the 2 hour full version.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
WARNING: There is a lot of faith sprinkled into the video

www.urbandanger.com...

Their energy solutions are advanced and expensive. They fail to criticize the modern appliances for drawing the same Kilo Watt Hours as when they were invented back in the 50's. In other words, solar would be cost effective, if our refridgerators didn't guzzle as much gas as an army tank.

at the 2:05:00 mark they spend some time talking about how they are closer to their neighbors now, and have more visitors than they did in the Cities.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Ten years ago, I went through a wierd period of recieving messages and intuitions and such, and one was to move to a rural area, inland and up high, with all we'd need to survive. We decided to do it. No panic or fear involved, but just a thought that in case of trouble, we'd be prepared, we'd be less reactionary to every tiny hint of S. hitting the fan, and more able to keep our heads calm. Besides, there is lots of benefit from it anyway even if nothing happened!

I'm glad we did and have no regrets. We have a fortress in stone on a mountain with land and caves, natural springs, ancient stone ovens outside, fireplaces, animals, fruit trees, herbs and vegetables....
From the locals, I have been learning a whole lot of useful stuff, like canning, drying meats, herbal remedies, even butchering.

I know that being originally from Los Angeles, where I knew nothing of this life, I would be panicking already just seeing the state of things, whereas with this extra knowledge, I feel more confident and ready to take on whatever comes my way- which in itself is very valuable!

But I too had the thought that I don't want to see an exodus of city people coming here, not knowing anything and basically being dependant upon us, or if worse comes to worse, a threat to us! We've got guns too, just in case.....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Interesting video in places but I am afraid there is slightly too many religious undertones for me. I mean no disrespect or offence to those here who have faith but for me its too distracting and certainly not what I expected to see with the title.Urban Danger.

By the way, I did follow the links to the full version.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join