It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Embarassing Your Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well just wanna know if anyone else has had this happen to them too. I am the proud owner of a baby blue ATS alien logo t#. I wear it once in a while, here and there about town doing my business. Today I picked up my teen girl from school and went to the grocery store. She then decided to say" are you wearing you nerd shirt again?"

I said "ya soooo?" she says"i hate the way you dress!" mwahahahaha. I dont take it serious cause shes a teenage girl, i think its funny. I like what I like and thats the end of it. Any of your kids call you a conspiracy nerd too?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Where you get one of those so I can further embarrass my tween daughter?
Does ATS have a store?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
yes it does, i found it through the search. cant remember how...

heres a link www.cafepress.com...
edit on 30-5-2011 by stonebutterfly because: link

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

nevermind
edit on 30-5-2011 by kittendaydreamer because: someone beat me to posting the link

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm not gonna lie, those 'Who's Your Skeptic' shirts are the greatest things I've ever seen.

Thank you for making my night.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
COOL!!!!!
Thank you all for the links,gonna get a t-shirt and a hat to freak people out with!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yea i need to upgrade my tshirt, maybe a morning coffee mug with the skeptic logo...love this place.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Now that I think about it,I once saw a bumper sticker with ATS on it,
and I thought,were the f#$k they get that!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
yes it does, i found it through the search. cant remember how...

heres a link www.cafepress.com...
edit on 30-5-2011 by stonebutterfly because: link

Thanks for the link. bumping to save. I'd like one of those performance jackets and a hat!
You should get a commission!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I was down my local bar the other day and some of the kids of one of the regulars were having fun joking about my ATS "hoodie".

I said I'd take it off for a beer.

With the smell of victory they agreed and got dad to buy me a beer.

I had my "ATS con-spir-a-cy" T shirt on underneath.

Kids eh? Always think they're smarter than us and in control....naaa!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I grew up listening to my father explaining about aliens and UFO's. Our bedtime movies were alien autopsies, I'm not kidding here.

He has thousands of books about any imaginable subject, all dealt here on ATS. The only reason he's not a member is because he doesn't speak English.

I got my... ahem... "conspiracy nerdiness" from him, so he doesn't embarrass me, WE embarrass my mother when we all go out together

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Considering I drive a shiny black Amanti with this bumpersticker.... I doubt I need any t-shirt to embarrass my kids. besides, why else have them if you arent going to at least warp them a little?

horrorsigns.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Considering I drive a shiny black Amanti with this bumpersticker.... I doubt I need any t-shirt to embarrass my kids. besides, why else have them if you arent going to at least warp them a little?

horrorsigns.com...

Consider: If they respect you as a parent in several other areas, they may pause at some point in assimulating the MSM drivel as they mature and consider that you may have some valid points in your position.

As an abductee, my four know full well where I stand on all of these issues. Further your "cause" by pointing out the inconsistencies in the official statements from everything from UFOs, aliens, why we don't have a backup for the shuttle, and what are those mysterious triangles people talk about. Your off-spring need not become as adament as we, just becoming generally suspicious of the status quo maintained by TPTB is enough in my book. They will be better prepared for future developments.

(I realized that my youngest putting together a BOB for herself was a clue that she did internalize some of what I preach.)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by Advantage

horrorsigns.com...

Consider: If they respect you as a parent in several other areas, they may pause at some point in assimulating the MSM drivel as they mature and consider that you may have some valid points in your position.

As an abductee, my four know full well where I stand on all of these issues. Further your "cause" by pointing out the inconsistencies in the official statements from everything from UFOs, aliens, why we don't have a backup for the shuttle, and what are those mysterious triangles people talk about. Your off-spring need not become as adament as we, just becoming generally suspicious of the status quo maintained by TPTB is enough in my book. They will be better prepared for future developments.

(I realized that my youngest putting together a BOB for herself was a clue that she did internalize some of what I preach.)

Im older and my 2 older kids listen to ATS radio and one is on ats herself.. theyre both well acquainted with "the truth" and have been since Ive been this wacky way for well over 2 decades yelling about self sufficiency and personal accountability personally and within Govt.
My oldest runs a closed message board called "youthtruth" for other high IQers to discuss things pretty much like we do here on ATS. The truth isnt embarrassing your kids.. or mine anyway... but driving around with a zombie bumper sticker IS. Which is what we were talking about.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Believe me this kid is starting to question, she like to come to me with the odd stories and theories she is starting to discuss at school and with some teachers. She has a social studies teacher with ideas that agree with some on here, my kid says wed get along lol. But, she still thinks im a nerd. Cmon we gotta have some fun embarrassing them! Shes so wierd about appearances I threaten to show up at her school in a robe and slippers if she gets in trouble mwahahaha!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
my son has a sweet roswell shirt that I picked up for him when I was there a few years back. Last week he clipped my green embroidered alien hat. I had two of them. My sister took the other one, not to wear, although that was her stated reason. In reality, she merely wanted to take something from me because that's just the kind of person she is.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
maybe i should just start wearing only Ats gear so my daughter will quit swiping my clothes.....sounds like a plan

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

I have got you beaten.My husband thinks that ATS
has brainwashed me and he made an appointment
for me to have a "talk" with our preacher! When I quit
our baptist church,my ATS membership was brought up.

I checked out the website with the ATS stuff,the mugs are too
small
I need an 18-22 oz mug)

edit on 31-5-2011 by mamabeth because: added more

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Thats a good one! I think im making my husband paraniod. He went to academy to buy me a survival kit with a new gun! Or maybe he was just trying to get lucky?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
reply to post by mamabeth

Thats a good one! I think im making my husband paraniod. He went to academy to buy me a survival kit with a new gun! Or maybe he was just trying to get lucky?

Definitely trying to get lucky.
I know its going to be a mighty sleepless weekend when he brings me home a mylar bag of dehydrated margarine, case of mountain house entrees, and a 25 Lb bag of jasmine rice.
Joking!!

top topics

join