It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Powerful Tune: Cabbage Face?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A week ago or so, an old Frenchman- one of my friends, maybe 95 or 90, from around my parents' apartment building- was telling me about his child hood. He claimed that his mother was a gypsy, and would tell him about the power of music. She said that the vibrations of sound are not just vibrations. The harmonies- twelve powerful tunes of three, seven, eleven and thirteen notes- do not only vibrate molecules, but revitalize them: kind of how, when you are really tired and you listen to some good, upbeat music, when the song is over, you will be peppy again. The man told me that the most powerful tune- the leader of the twelve others, just as Zeus or Jupiter led the Olympians and Peter led Jesus' Twelve Disciples- was the notes E C A F E G A B B A C. How did he remember that? Backwards, it is CABBAGE FACE.
I have absolutely no musical talent, so could any musicians- perferably violinists, like the gypsy- out there play those notes? He said that it did not matter what key they were played in, but the extremes- the lowest, the highest- do not work. Does the tune feel "revitalizing" in any way?

Thanks,
SeraphNB

edit on 30-5-2011 by seraphnb because: clarification

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry, not a violinist, but I may try this on my guitar later and see what happens..

This reminds me of the Solfeggio frequencies. Apparently, genetic biochemists actually use the 528Hz frequency to repair DNA. I'll try to find some more articles about it..

Forgotten In Time: The Ancient Solfeggio Frequencies

If you have the time, take a squiz through this, it is truly fascinating and goes into detail about how sound has the ability to affect form.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
All our emotions resonate with specific frequencies, the difference is, is that there is an obsession with the mind in todays soceity, and many people miss out on the connection to the imagination. Its really due to television and over-education...

edit on 30-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
virtual keyboard
www.bgfl.org...

type
DAHFDGHJJHK

it doesn't seem like a special melody. maybe I did it wrong but those are the keyboard letters that correspond to the key notes. you can also do different instruments than piano. It's a cool site

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Why do you think House music and hip hop / rap is so popular, despite the fact that it's mostly garbage?

One of the reasons is that the beats per minute very closely mimic the human heartbeat for the average person.

People aren't sure why they like the music, without realizing that the beat has been in their bodies their entire lives.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Why do you think House music and hip hop / rap is so popular, despite the fact that it's mostly garbage?

One of the reasons is that the beats per minute very closely mimic the human heartbeat for the average person.

People aren't sure why they like the music, without realizing that the beat has been in their bodies their entire lives.

Will the RIAA stomp on our music listening freedoms so much that we will reduce to buying stethoscopes in order to listen to hot beatz?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
E C A F E G A B B A C

?

Really?

I thought Greensleeves was the most powerful tune ever written.

But let's be sure.

Here, I've mapped CABBAGEFACE (backwards of course) against a sample of the begining of Greensleeves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88e44505bbbd.png[/atsimg]

Hmmmmm. Is this even music or just simple scales? The Frenchman's memory seems to be missing a lot of data.

David Grouchy

edit on 31-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Greensleeves is a such a lovely tune. Just don't know which octaves to sample the "cabbage face" on my piano.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

E C A F E G A B B A C

I thought Greensleeves was the most powerful tune ever written.

Here, I've mapped CABBAGEFACE (backwards of course) against a sample of the begining of Greensleeves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88e44505bbbd.png[/atsimg]

Hmmmmm. Is this even music or just simple scales?

edit on 31-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

Thanks, David. The comparison is quite interesting. I was not aware of the viewpoint that "What Child is This?" was the most powerful tune. I think that it is a good tune, but certainly not powerful.
The eleven notes do not at all seem like much of a song, but the old man should not be so quickly dismissed. He was old, but he is true. I have never heard him tell a lie.

SeraphNB
edit on 31-5-2011 by seraphnb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join