It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Conjecture on What Dreams Are!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Last night, I had a dream that was filled with many people I knew, in many settings I was unfamiliar with. These people had no relation to each other, yet were interacting in my dream. Like most other dreams I've had, there were many scene changes, interesting scenarios, and things that were just definitely not real.

However, this morning when I woke up from that dream, I had a sudden idea pop up in my head. Unlike most people, I have the ability to remember most of my dreams in detail and can recall them. I've noticed that the people in my dream and the events in my dream have seemed to always fall placed into 2 categories: either they closely reflect the reality of those individuals lives or current events, or they are clearly a replication of one's desires be it secret or not. (or they may be what I think they desire, however, this is why this is a conjecture to be tested by me)

I've also noticed that sometimes, some of the people in my dream are those I've never even met before, yet an intimate connection exists, both in the sleeping world and the waking world. Then there are times I meet someone or see someone, and without words, feel that same intimate connection like i've seen them in a dream.

I've also noticed that, sometimes when I experience Deja vu, I can recall large parts of a dream where the Deja Vu occured and actually predict a sequence of events to follow throughout my day.

These observations have led me to this incredible idea on what dreams are.

I believe dreams are real planes of existences, which is connected to our waking plane of existence, that somehow connects people of the past, present, and future. The reason why dreams seem so random is because each plane is an amalgamation of the dreamer's reality and desires. When we sleep and dream, our dream plane somehow crosses with other people's dream planes that may be thinking about us or whom we may be thinking about.

The randomness and chaos is spawned by the intersection of so many desires and projected realities that sometimes it doesn't make sense.

A key importance of this idea is that it spans all timelines and not just the present one. If this idea proves to be somehow valid, it'd be possible to understand people at a deeper level just by dreaming about them. Also, it provides a feature by which it is possible to see into the past and the future by interacting with characters within that dream, especially those that you do not know yet, as they may be from the future or from the past.

To summarize, what I believe dreams are:

-Cross linked planes of existence where our absolute realities and desires conflict and come to life
-A realm that spans all timelines and can connect all individuals of various times somehow
-This makes it possible to get to know people at a deeper level
-This makes it possible to imply the future, and read into the past (however, it is hard since it would be blurred between what is actually happening and what that person wants to happen)
-This makes it possible for "inception" to occur.

I know this idea sounds crazy, and I myself do not fully think it true. I am going to log some dreams and when i notice some things or some characteristics about people, I'm going to inquire and see if i can tap into some secrets or characteristics that i should not know of from people that I know and verify it with that person. This will require me to learn how to control myself in my dreams.

Hope you've enjoyed it. If you can, please post what you think dreams are!

Whether it be from a scientific stand point or a metaphysical stand point!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Interesting.

Personally I find dreams to be metaphysical analysis of your life and previous events by your sub-conscious. Any fore-sight you may experience may just be trends created by you behavior.

Hopefully dreams do not predict future events, because that would mean that according to mine we will be nuked, global war will break out quite soon, and I will be involved in violent special operations.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

This is fascinating!!! Star and flag! This idea needs to be seen! I always thought that dreams were windows into alternate universes, but this makes a lot more sense.

Wait- but that means that Bigfoot is not really just a big cuddly Easter Bunny? Shoot.

SeraphNB

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I like your premise, and I too sometimes feel that dreams connect us to.....well I think it may be the aether, aka Akashic Field HERE
This was described as a field of information containing everything that has ever happened. Cayce was able to plug into this field, where all of the answers supposedly lie.
Other dimensions and people? Who knows, but perhaps some lucid dream endeavors may shed some light on it.

Peace,
spec

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"You were in my dream last night..."
"ZOMG, I dreamed about you, too!"

This has happened to me at least a couple times. Kind of supports what you're saying.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

I definitely think that there is some analysis of your life involved, hence what I mean by a projection of realities and desires, by which you can definitely find some hidden characteristics of your self you never acknowledged or really thought about. Recently, I've found through dreaming that I subconsciously always try to make things better for people...I always want to be the "hero" whether it be small or large thing. And I totally see it now, reflecting on my everyday life.

Yeah, hopefully the future cant be predicted haha, cuz I've seen some hellish stuff in my dreams.

However, I have predicted that I'd have a baby niece, how she'd look, and tried the name (I predicted avery, it was azalea) before my cousin got pregnant. And it's turned out very true so far, and some other events are turning out too involving that little girl. So we'll see!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

Haha thanks seraph...who knows maybe Bigfoot is cuddly monster with really tiny paws........

It'd definitely be cool if some other people could join me in investigating this idea or try it on their own time and see if they get any results!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Interesting thing about this is, I have a story:

One time, my mom's good friend who was my aunt's boyfriend, had died during a war (won't specify which!)

The night he supposedly died, both my mom and aunt dreamt of him and he came and told them that he was dead and to wish them well.

Next day, my mom and aunt told each other the dream because they were spooked. 2 days letter, news came in and guy had been KIA.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hmm I've never heard about this before, I will definitely read into it. Do you know how to lucid dream? If so, do you think you can tell me some of your personal techniques that you find effective?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I've had dreams that have come true plenty of times but I think for the most part its just things you see and hear throughout your life. Ever put on a horror movie and dreamed it? I get all kinds of spectacular dimension, UFO and paranormal dreams. If I had the patients to right a book, I would be as successful as Spielberg.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Here is some excellent info:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

spec

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Me likey your theory! I think you are on the right track. I think we are all players in the multiverse and there are plenty of intersections (like infinite). I have a strong personal conviction that dreams are definitely one of the keys to the big picture.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you! I've definitely looked into some of those threads. looks Like i'll be trying some of these techniques and keep you all posted on my findings!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Great thread. I love getting into the deeper dream aspect of the feelings of our dreams rather than just the dream interpretation itself. There are so many types of dream scenerios that tend to get bunched together. Sometimes what we feel are dreams could be astral travels, teaching dreams orchestrated by our guides, communications with our dearly departed set up in to appear dreamlike so not to startle us but to comfort us in homey or naturelike settings, some we create to practice how to overcome an obstacle in "real life", or just having fun visiting and meeting up with those we are friends with either here or from another time or place meeting on the other side. A few times I've caught glimpses of what appears to be another person I know well that is actually a part of me existing somewhere else.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just... no.

Dreams are archetypes manifesting linking together. Dominant active archetypes begin to manifest their associations when you focus your attention on them. THis continues until one of the new manifestations captures your attention and in turn becomes the dominant archetype, manifesting it's associations.

This is all dreams are, a long chain of linked archetypes. No real world or alternate universe.

Say you dream you're in school, you begin to see people you associate with school. Then you chemistry lab partner captures your attention, and the next thing you know you're in chemistry class. Then some test tubes filled with an interesting fluid captures your attention, and the next thing you see are scientists in white lab coats. You notice one of the scientists seems nervous, and the next thing you know, the test tube falls over and breaks. Next people start turning into zombies.

Dreams are nothing more than an unbroken chain of associated things. The initial seed of which is usually what you are thinking about as you fall asleep, or your hypnogogic imagery.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Very interesting! I look forward to reading some of your dream logs.

I also imagined dreams to be, ultimately, a place where the subconscious reigns and communicates knowledge through its own archetypal, symbolic language. What knowledge? Possibly information regarding our spiritual progress, what aspects require attention, perhaps even exclusive knowledge concerning larger issues, I'm not really sure. I rarely remember my dreams, although I have curiously undergone few déjà vu experiences in which I have specifically remembered dreaming the occurrence, which really fascinates me...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

If that is your theory on what dreams are, then good for you! However, I believe in general, dreams readily disprove what you think.

for instance, last night in my dream, I dreamt I was in a parking lot, and there was nobody i could recognize at all from my real world. However, someone did manage to run into my car and blame it on me.

This action has nothing to do with my real world life or what i'm thinking about. I've never gotten into an accident, never worried about it, and, to add, it was with people I've never identified with or could recognize. A completely new incident to me with people i do not recognize. If I get into an accident in the near future, I'll let you know though.

Although I do agree that dreams are a projection of the realities which you percieve, I also believe, as you can tell, that is just a small fraction of what a dream really is.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Ptenjakin because: Typo!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So, do you think that we have the ability to create our own circumstances through our dreams or that we have the ability catch glimpses of the not yet manifested future?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptenjakin
reply to post by The Cusp

However, I believe in general, dreams readily disprove what you think.

for instance, last night in my dream, I dreamt I was in a parking lot, and there was nobody i could recognize at all from my real world. However, someone did manage to run into my car and blame it on me.

This action has nothing to do with my real world life or what i'm thinking about. I've never gotten into an accident, never worried about it, and, to add, it was with people I've never identified with or could recognize. A completely new incident to me with people i do not recognize. If I get into an accident in the near future, I'll let you know though.

Although I do agree that dreams are a projection of the realities which you percieve, I also believe, as you can tell, that is just a small fraction of what a dream really is.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Ptenjakin because: Typo!

In general dreams do no disprove this. I think you are underestimating the scope of the archetypes in question. So you've never been in an accident, fine. Have you also never seen accidents in movies or on TV? Accidents are strongly linked to cars, no matter what your personal experiences are. They are also an emotional experience, and emotions strengthen those connections making them more likely to manifest. In a neural networking model, you would say they add "weight" to that particular pathway.

To me the ultimate proof that this is the case is that you can use it to reliably control your dreams. If you find yourself lucid in a nightmare scenario, ignore the negative imagery and find something like a flower to focus on, it completely turns the dream around.

I did not come up with this theory lightly, I've spent years studying dreams, both my own and other people's dreams.

edit on 30-5-2011 by The Cusp because: typo

edit on 30-5-2011 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You are absolutley correct, and I encourage you to continue with your lines of inquiry.

All I have to really say, is that the afterlife is a crazy place, and the more you are prepared, the better things are, as you lose what is called "free will" after you die. So, bascially, work on your true self, your uninhibited self, learn how to escape from fear, learn how to use your imagination in your dream world, and you will have greater powers and abilities in the next life.

If you look at it carefully, there is a system that prevents people from wondering, that prevents them from dreaming, that stifles their minds and keeps them bound to the material world. Why? So they are less powerful in the next world, and so that their souls are not strong enough to reach the fourth dimension upon thier deaths.

Think about it, what is the harm in belief, why are people so repressed to talk about thier dreams, and thier fantasies, there is basically that child within people, that innocent soul that has been tarnished by the "real world" and lives in a state of denial about what "could be" because they are so used to being dissapointed.

edit on 30-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join