It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW DANGEROUS DRUG 'Rust' hits S.A. - Twice as addictive as crack, a fraction the price

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Huh?

Guardian Article

Is this another control mechanism? Is this coming to a city near you? What the heck is this! Who 'discovers' this stuff?

"The majority of first-time users become addicted on their first contact with the drug. Most of them go seven to 10 days without sleeping, without eating. They start to go into a process of degeneration. After months of use … they go into a state where they look like zombies, wandering … in search of pleasure."

"The difference between coc aine and oxi is like the difference between drinking beer and pure alcohol," said a federal police operative

"The effects of oxi are so devastating," he said. "When a person starts using oxi they spend days just using, without eating properly. They start to become very thin, almost skeletons, and they want to use more and more. If you do not stop you are a candidate to either die of an overdose or of other consequences of the oxi."

Again, who comes up with this crap?! I smell TPTB!
DD

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I haven't even heard about this but the effects of the drug sound absurdly exaggerated.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet money that the CIA created, distributed, and is profiting from this drug. Remember the crack epidemic of South Central LA(?) a while back where it was traced to the CIA? If I remember correctly the CIA was using the profits from the crack/coc aine that they imported and sold in the US to fund the Contras, but I'm a little fuzzy on the details. I bet this is the exact same situation.
edit on 30-5-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Damn

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Man you need to watch out! Talkin like that's liable to get you targeted....

Badum Bum...

(Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 30-5-2011 by DjDoubleD because: Oops dbl posted!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
if it is like this then it will make meth and crack look like kindy stuff.

pretty scary

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Its called oxi?
or rust?

Because 'rust' looks like 'dust' wich is more addictive than heroin.
Anyway the vocabulary is usually local stuff.
What is its constituents? any idea.
It definitely look synthetic.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

It does sound absurd and exagerated. If you're right, then no problem. It's a small drug fad, it'll go away.
If the article isn't being sensationalist and this IS the way this drug makes people, well... then what?
Zombie apocalype? Hrmmm..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Full name is oxidado, which translates into 'Rust'

Oxi, or oxidado – "rust" – is the latest drug to surface in the Amazon. It is reputedly twice as powerful as crack coc aine and just a fifth of the price

edit on 30-5-2011 by DjDoubleD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
What is its constituents? any idea.
It definitely look synthetic.

Taken from the article: "A highly addictive mix of coc aine paste, gasoline, kerosene and quicklime called Oxi"

I dunno. The Brazilian reporter guy said himself that its more practical to scare the public away from touching the drug than to police the Amazon. Leads me to suspect they're blowing things way out of proportion. I don't think anyone sensible would ever touch the #, anyway, though.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's astounding how little reading is done compared to imaginative speculation

Oxi surfaced in the Amazonian border region between Brazil, Bolivia and Peru in the 1980s, and is said to have been originally used by a small number of hippies who came to the region to experiment with ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic plant native to the Amazon rainforest.

Looks to me like a simple case of no self control.

If the CIA or TPTB were involved or interested I'm sure it would have made it much farther than just South America since the 80's.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Man just what we need, another cheap destructive substance that will inadvertently be promoted just by being reported now. Sometimes being 'informed' can work against us. At the same time, awareness may help some recognize any popularity with this drug. Maybe it will come and go like the 'cheese' did in the 90's.
One thing though, it would be hard to hide one's use of this if they will be altered for 7 to 10 days!

spec, on the watch for any rusty zombies!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This drug is a conspiracy against poor people.

The most dangerous
The cheapest

The drug pushers have a new niche
Bargain addicts more bang for the buck
In this case the bang is your brains exiting the back of your skull
edit on 30-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This thread is closed now because it does not fit into the rules of this forum:

Alt. Sub. Conspiracies: This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.
edit on May 30th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join