It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here / working on a translation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Greetings, I am new here and have not been lurking for long. I have a general interest in conspiracy theories partly out of a personal dislike for MSM (I have thrown my TV away 7 years ago and have never looked back) and a natural curiosity in all things outside the "accepted" experience. I have witnessed the UFO phenomenon on several occasions, and I can tell you that all those folks reporting this sort of thing are not crazy. It's real, whatever it is. But that's is not why I'm here.

As one can probably tell from my username, Russian history is something that interests me quite a bit. I am currently working on a translation of a book by Vyacheslav Nikolayevich Mironov, titled "I Witnessed This War - Chechnya 1995". The author is a veteran of several wars the RF army had been involved in including events in Georgia and Transnistria in the early 90's. I found his account of the Second assault on Grozny in January 1995 a fascinating, yet grim story. A partial English translation exists here:

URL Removed

But in my opinion is not very good. I am not a professional writer, but writing is something I have done as a hobby for many years now, so I thought I'd give this one a try. If anybody is interested and moreover is able to assist with correct military terminology (which is where I struggle the most), that would be excellent. I have completed 2 chapters which are available on my own site,

URL Removed

but perhaps if the mods will let me know if the full text is better posted here, I'm happy to do that also.

[Mod Edit - Removed Personal URL link.]
edit on 30/5/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UVB76

Hi UVB76, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by UVB76

You have a private message from me. Please click here

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Cheers Sauron.

Links removed? I'm assuming that can be judged in violation of T&C 15e.iii, which is fair enough, however my site is not an online community. I am not trying to take your members away in other words. How do I appropriately seek help with the translation on these forums?

There is a specific reason I came here and not a military history forum. The content of the book is somewhat scandalous and if if not conspiracist in tone, it definitely contradicts the official version of events, what is described in it will come as no surprise to those in some way familiar with the subject matter.
edit on 30-5-2011 by UVB76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UVB76

I have replied to you by PM.

Sauron.

top topics

join