It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Proposal For A New Law; The Home Religious Acts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This morning I thought of a new idea for a law, the Home Religious Acts, I shall call it. It would respect people's freedom of religion, but absolutely kill off any control religion still has. It would allow religious worship, but only in one's own home. It would disallow parents from forcing their teenagers and children to convert to a religion or follow a religion's teachings of morality. It would eliminate the display of religion in public, I know, it may sound a bit extreme, but it may be the only way to ensure the continue stability and security of the United States. The government will of course respect other people's religious beliefs, but they would have to keep that to themselves, just as one would keep their own sexual deviance to themselves and not express it in public. What do you think of this proposal?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Interesting idea. I'm a big fan of keeping religion in your own home and not push it in everyones faces.

However there is one flaw with that theory. You want to keep it in the house but you also don't want children to be forced into religions. How is that going to work? That would just give the government more reason to surveil you at home.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Can I get a tax write off since my home would be a "place of worship"?
I could use the extra money. Times are tough.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't think the government needs to restrict anymore freedoms then they already have done. This is what happen to most of our freedoms now. They keep adding laws and statutes to either "keep us safe" or because it "offends" certain people. Prime example with the people dancing at the Jefferson Memorial.
edit on 29-5-2011 by wardk28 because: Edit

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sounds quite reasonable.

The religious folk need to keep their nonsense to themselves period. They can have their FREEDOM of nonsense... er I mean religion, but as long as they keep it to THEMSELVES!!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am thinking to try to pass the free beer and vodka act of 2011,making every ciitizen entitled to free beer and vodka at any store.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by samusaran253
This morning I thought of a new idea for a law, the Home Religious Acts, I shall call it. It would respect people's freedom of religion, but absolutely kill off any control religion still has. It would allow religious worship, but only in one's own home. It would disallow parents from forcing their teenagers and children to convert to a religion or follow a religion's teachings of morality. It would eliminate the display of religion in public, I know, it may sound a bit extreme, but it may be the only way to ensure the continue stability and security of the United States. The government will of course respect other people's religious beliefs, but they would have to keep that to themselves, just as one would keep their own sexual deviance to themselves and not express it in public. What do you think of this proposal?

People do not keep their sexual deviances to themselves... they throw parades about them. They teach our children about them in school. I always had a hard time envisioning the persecution of Christians that is prophesied in The Bible when I was a child. It seemed to me that there was no way that would happen. Just a couple decades later now and I can see with my own eyes what I couldn't even envision in my mind as a child. Anyway, good luck to you sir in your crusade.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm a sexual deviant myself. That being said, I don't go around trying to force other people to adhere to my strange sexual fetishes, just as creationists shouldn't go around trying to force other people to adhere to their strange imaginary god.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by samusaran253
I'm a sexual deviant myself. That being said, I don't go around trying to force other people to adhere to my strange sexual fetishes, just as creationists shouldn't go around trying to force other people to adhere to their strange imaginary god.

Force? I am sure you tell people how awesome being a sexual deviant is. Christians tell people how awesome being a Christian is. Where is the threat? Laws are being passed left and right to force schools to teach about sexual deviance, and laws are passed left and right to make sure that The Bible is kept out of school. Who is forcing who sir?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes, let's apply this law evenly...

No more having "billions and billions" shoved down my throat in every class, every show, every magazine.
No more posters, movies, or books mocking any religion.
No more restriction of any perversion including pedophilia or bestiality in private homes.
No more telling cannibals they can't dine on human flesh in their homes.
No more gay pride parades.
No more political ads... or posters, or campaigns, or fundraisers...

etc. etc. etc.

Since sites like ATS allow people to publicly express their beliefs in all sorts of things that offend someone, let's shut it down and only allow them to say such things in their homes... without, as someone already mentioned, indoctrinating the people living there.

Freedom from irritation or offense is not a right, and especially not a right only granted to some.
edit on 29-5-2011 by SaberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Religion causes problems and the world would be better without it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I believe having a relationship with God (or whatever you want to call him/her/it) is personal and it should stay that way. To me, churches are pointless. It is just a way for a bunch of people to put on a pretty mask. If someone were to ask me of my religious beliefs, I will tell them. I am a christian and even I can not stand those radical christians that thump the Bible on people's heads until they either cry or blackout. And proclaiming everyone and their dog is going to hell for just about everything, voluntary and involuntary, they do, say, and think is just stupid. They preach hatred more than love. Who wants to worship an angry, hateful God?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It sounds nice, but there are some religions that suppress the rights of others. Sharia law for one example.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by samusaran253

Completely disagree with a law like that. Like you I completely agree that the only place a person should display or preach their religion is in their own home or on the property of their respective religion. That being said the government should never be given the power to limit a persons personal opinions and where they can voice them, except from in the case that their free speech would be considered a breach of the peace i.e. likely to cause a riot etc.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Humans cause problems, the world would be better without them

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Endure

The biggest difference here is that I do not knock on strangers doors or approach them in the street to tell them how wonderful being a sexual deviant is. Between the Mormons, JW's, and the local non-denominational churces, someone is knocking on my door once or twice a month. I can probably throw a damn rock and hit four churches from my home, if I wanted to attend one, I would have no trouble physically locating it. Keep you religion to yourself, I DO NOT want to hear about it. It is the people that knock on my door, and hypocritical nut jobs like Phelphs and Camping, that forced me away from religion of any kind.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ya know how most people yell first amendment free speech and it really isn't. The right wing views the first amendment as mostly an anti criticism protection law -- well the op's idea is a real genuine violation of the first amendment and I say this as a card carrying atheist.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I don't even truly support this idea, I mean in theory it's a great idea, but people do have the right to peacefully spread their own ideas, plus I don't trust the government. I just wanted to throw this idea out there for others to toy with.
edit on 29-5-2011 by samusaran253 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Wow, what a great Idea.
My parents used to take me to church and this forced me to think about my existence, the nature of reality and it resulted in me asking questions which led me on my own path in exploring my own spirituality. This should be banned.
After we ban public religion, we can move onto politics.

Make sure people don't congregate with similar political views etc in public, stop them teaching or promoting political views like Freedom of Speech etc to their children.
We can't have that. My parents used to debate political views and some how I got forced into being interested in the fact that I have a say in my community and I can be active within it.

Then we'll move on to education. Close schools and universities down where people with common interests and a desire to explore knowledge congregate together. Make sure that stops in public, and only allow certain education at home, and kids don't have to learn if the don't want to. My parents forced me to go to school you know. It sucked, I learn't stuff and then got interested in university. Twisted or what.

Then we can start on their racial and cultural traditions.
Really eliminate those in public, especially those nasty people that want to hand down their cultural beliefs to their kids. That really enoys me.

Ban everything.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
religion is what formed this country and our morals i dont think we should restrict it,However i do feel that churches and religious organizations should have to pay tax like every other business. I dont think religion is the down fall of america. i think its all the greed that is ruining our country not religion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join