It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian and Ukrain Medics in Libya - Open Appeal to UN to Stop The Genocide.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
These Russian and Ukraine doctors never bothered to voice their concern for the civilians in Misrata and other eastern Libyan cities that were being shelled by Gadhafi. It was those attacks on civilians that led to the creation of the no-fly zone in the first place.

Russia has made it clear they were on Gadhafi's side, and this looks like propaganda on their part.

Gadhafi turned his military loose on the protestors. Instead of the military allowing the protesters to be heard, like the Egyptian military allowed protesters to be heard in their country, Gadhafi began slaughtering them. He's nothing more than a megalomaniac and convicted terrorist bomber. He made his bed now let him lie in it.

Actually you have to have a strong belief that the West really cares for civilian lives in order to believe they started a war for humanitarian purposes. Most agree that this is just a stalemate.

But if you just look at another war which NATO is involved in (Afghanistan), more than 100 civilians have been killed by NATO within days. So it is completely illogical to say that NATO somehow went to Libya to save Libyans, rather it is the opposite, NATO went in to Libya to save the LNA from getting defeated again. LNA is an armed group in Libya financed, organized by CIA and harbored by US. This group was organized and financed to topple the Libyan regime, they tried it before, they failed, this time they took the Libyan revolution hostage, and turned it in to a war. Notice, this is not a war between the rebels and the Libyan regime, this is a war between NATO and the Libyan regimes. The rebels are NATO pawns, they can't move one inch without NATO advisors telling them. That's why you see British armed soldiers in the front line, and yet they claim there is no foot soldiers in Libya.

Regarding Qaddafi killing civilians, the truth of the matter is, the rebels took up arms, when you take up arms and fight the American regime as a comparison, you and your group would be massacred much more faster, with a lot less help.

Don't people feel a little ashamed that the same lies used in Iraq to duke them, is now used in Libya. People say deny ignorance, and say Iraq was a very, very bad move, because it was all based on lies, how can the same people be sure that the current war pretext is not all lies too? People say Afghanistan is really, really bad, but how can they be sure Libya won't be turned in to an Afghanistan?

How can people be sure that this clear cut interference in the internal affairs of an independent nation isn't making the situation worse by 10X fold?

Some would argue the rebels (CIA financed and organized) lost the fight against the Libyan regime, isn't the stalemate just continuing the destruction, bloodshed, and terror, not to mention the side dish of humiliation?

Some would argue this war is nothing but an economic one, as Libya was becoming more and more independent, it wasn't taking any loans from International banksters, it was planing to nationalize oil, and it was planning to trade oil with GOLD.

These facts are usually hidden from the war pretext, rather we are made to believe every NATO says, as if they have a history of humanitarian interventions.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"Prepared for publication by:
Lisa Karpova
Pravda.Ru "

Bravo

One of the most brilliantly composed and orchestrated propaganda letters I have ever been privileged to read.

You have to admire how well the truth is blended with complete and utter shist.

Very impressive effort, but is doomed to fail, unless somehow the oil in Libya can be removed from the equation.

Remember, it is the PEOPLE of Libya seeking liberation, democracy and freedom.

Everyone else, (including the Russians) have other more specific interests there.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
To be fair...

Our role in the genocide according to Obama is limited. So ... its justified and not in need of any oversight by the American people or anyone else for that matter.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I for one am doing what the letter asks...I have sent the link and a hard copy to our Prime Minister.
Who am I to say they are full of shist?
For such a civilized species we sure are uncivilized at times!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

I have been screaming my head off but no one listens, Obama went around congress for this and should be impeached. Citizens of America are not happy about this, we hate it to. Our government no longer listens or cares for its citizens. I will continue to make noise about all I see wrong. I just wish it was being listened to/

Peace

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.

So we can go into someone else's nation, and bomb the crap out of them.

But it's not an invasion? Get real...

I am going to have to say it's definitely an 'invasion' when you go to war in someone else's nation.

Let's look it up shall we?
Invasion:

1. An instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.

Sources: Wikipedia - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by teapot

I am suggesting they are blowing this out of proportion.

Bombings kill people. But genocide requires a concerted effort.

This is not genocide.

Perhaps propaganda.

In whatever way you see it, it is killing of people in numbers.

The point being that this indirect "acts of terror" should stop.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by Soshh

You think Pravda invented the medic's letter?

I don't know. This guy is a good candidate, dated 16th of May:

serge0009.livejournal.com...

It was then posted here about 15 minutes later:

ja-za-kaddafi.livejournal.com...

Any earlier sources? Does it get any more credible than this?

edit on 29/5/11 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The sad truth is that the US and probably Europe has no other choice but to wage war...whether for oil or not. The only way out of the financial mess that the world is currently in, is to go to war. Don't believe for a second that Libya is the target - they are just one of the first few. The remaining countries will be Yemen, Syria, Iran and then ultimately Saudi Arabia. The oil is just a bonus. As long as they can portray all of these countries as extremest and dangerous to liberty; their plan will work and the economies will recover if the outlays and the engagements are large enough. The scariest aspect of all of this is that they will need another attack against US or EU in order to convince the populus that they are doing the right thing. As it was the last time, the only barometer of what is to come will be from following stock option calls and puts. Always follow the money.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
didn't read through the entire thread..but just wanted to say...

As a fellow medic, my heart goes out to them...I've always said it doesn't matter what company patch I wear, or what country I work for...our lives are dedicated to saving lives...any life

the senseless killing that is happening in the world today, for whatever reason..oil, money, power, religion, revenge..it just doesn't compute in my brain..

my thoughts and prayers go out to my fellow medics, whether combat, private, city or whatever... across the world..and I sincerely hope that their plea is heard

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by goodyvince

link is to a picture that doesn't play video?? maybe I am missing a plug in?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by toepick

His a spammer I have alerted him to the mods...

Peace

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

It is a perfect sign of the times that the Russian would be the "Good Guys" and yes, our country has been seized by the "Bad Guys". I was in Russia a few years ago, it was like the USA in the 70s, disco is in and the women there are more gorgeous women than ...well, let me put it this way, compared to the beaches of Southern California, Russia makes us look like a 3rd World Country. So, why don't I go there? I wish I was rich and could.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
gaddafi is a warcriminal and must be brought to justice.. they need to send in ground troops to get that murderous SoB, dead or alive.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Genocide, isn't that when you kill all the other players in a computergame?

Why were we invading Libya again?

Thousands have already been killed in Libya where dictator Muammar Gaddafi is trying to beat down a popular uprising

www.novinite.com...

english.aljazeera.net...

I can't find any references for UN's planned genocide.
I too don't get why they are busy for so long now (2months?) and still no peace.
But intentional.. ?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
"Prepared for publication by:
Lisa Karpova
Pravda.Ru "

Bravo

One of the most brilliantly composed and orchestrated propaganda letters I have ever been privileged to read.

You have to admire how well the truth is blended with complete and utter shist.

Very impressive effort, but is doomed to fail, unless somehow the oil in Libya can be removed from the equation.

Remember, it is the PEOPLE of Libya seeking liberation, democracy and freedom.

Everyone else, (including the Russians) have other more specific interests there.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

I quite agree and what I find amazing is that I can only find two places where that letter is published or quoted

1. The original site
2. Here on ATS

Now if that doesn't set off the propoganda alarm bells then folks are doomed to fall for all the bull--it that flows by........hmmm!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
America have made a point of saying they are not taking a leading role, but their role is at least equal because being part of Nato means equal involvement. America want you to think they are in the background, when they are more likely definitely in the foreground.

They are funding rebels that says it all really..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tdponder

I hear ya brother , and with ya 100% , FTG !!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Propaganda or not, within it we can hear a very human cry for the virtue of our namesake...humanity...

War has been within us for time immemorable...it is a manifestation of the dualities...
The saying "Tread not on me" is one side, and a valid stance of that duality, but we should also walk with prudence, lest we tread callously upon others...

Present to Love

Pray to your God(s), and gird your weapons of war! Tonight we march!

When will it be time?
When the last bomb falls?
When the last child cries?

Step to the left! Hey your left! Hey your left!

When will we see?
When the blood is a sea?
When your pain is the fee?

Eyes right! Hey to the right! Hey to the right!

When will we know?
When the heartbeat slows?
When the heavens will show?

Present ARMS!

(And I saw the Truth in the eyes of the world...it is Love supporting all of Creation...not strength of Arms...)
edit on 30-5-2011 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by Khurzon because: spelling

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join