It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Terror Plot Uncovered By Florida CongressWoman Katherine Harris, But FBI Denies Plot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
In an apparent slip of the tongue congresswoman Katherine Harris seems to have given too much information on a terror plot that she says was uncovered in Carmel, Indiana. Ms. Harris was on a visit in the Midwest and was informed of the plot by the mayor of Carmel.

Terror plot reportedly linked to Carmel
"The mayor of Carmel, Indiana recounted how a man of Middle Eastern heritage had been arrested. "Hundreds of pounds of explosives were found in his home. He had plans to blow up the area's entire power grid," said Harris.

The article goes on to say that when reporters tried to question her after the speech, Harris said, "I probably said too much."

Carmel Mayor Jim Brainard declined an on-camera interview and instead told Eyewitness News by phone, "These incidents happen all over the country. We all need to be vigilant. For security purposes, I can't go into any details."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A video of the story can be found at the above link.
FBI agents in Indiana are stating they have no idea what Harris is talking about. More information will be given when, and if it is available.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Is that the same Harris that ran the vote in Florida in 2000?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No, I think that was Kathleen Harris.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Now the congreswoman is stating she regrets having raised any concerns about this plot, and it is being regarded as a bogus claim, althou "she stands by her statement that the US has thwarted more than 100 potential terrorist attacks."

Harris Regrets Bogus Terror Plot Claim
"I was told in an open, group setting that a recent situation threatened a Midwestern community and that it had been diffused," Harris said Wednesday. "I regret that I had no knowledge of the sensitive nature of this situation and any undue concern this may have caused."

"We're aware of the comments we read in the paper," said Tim Green, assistant chief of police in Carmel, a town about 10 miles north of Indianapolis. "We're not aware of any plans to blow up Carmel's power grid."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story is getting wierder by the minute.
City officials in Carmel are saying they know nothing of such plot, althou the major of Carmel did say the plot was real.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Is that the same Harris that ran the vote in Florida in 2000?

Yes that is the same Katherine Harris from the 2000 elections....
(img:WTHR)

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What is transpiring behind the "green door" we as citizens are not privy too. Why is this happening. Is our own government trying to protect these Muslims from the wrath of Americans.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I will not trust that overdried barbie with anything she said she got a very good end of the deal with the 2000 election fiasco.

She lack credibility.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I will not trust that overdried barbie with anything she said she got a very good end of the deal with the 2000 election fiasco.

She lack credibility.

Do you trust "any" republicans at all Marg?

You say she lacks credibility because "you", and some others, have it set on your mind that the 2000 election was tampered with to make Bush win, when in reality it was not. Can you post any evidence that puts in doubt her credibility?

The thing is not only that she is claiming she was told this and was denied by everyone involved, the major of Carmel pretty much said that it was true. I would probably have thought that she either made a mistake if it was only her saying this, or she made it up, but the major of Carmel agrees with her.

What i actually believe happened is that her tongue did slip, and now authorities are trying to deny this to fix the damage she did to the investigation "unkowingly."

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
ha, ha, ha, lighten up Muaddib, she does look overdried and beside is not secret wish side I lean on and you. Right?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
ha, ha, ha, lighten up Muaddib, she does look overdried and beside is not secret wish side I lean on and you. Right?

Oh I do lighten up, but not when the credibility of a report, or a person is at stake....unless the topic is about MM...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I see it this way the damage is done when she slipped the tongue on this one and now the people in that area are going to be concern about the what will happened if this is true or if actually is really true. Right.?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Oh I do lighten up, but not when the credibility of a report, or a person is at stake....unless the topic is about MM...

MirthfulMe? What'd he do?

Other than that time he got drunk in RATS and danced around with the petrified tongue of Capt. William Morgan on his head threatening the same to all who oppose him.

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

MirthfulMe? What'd he do?

Other than that time he got drunk in RATS and danced around with the petrified tongue of Capt. William Morgan on his head threatening the same to all who oppose him.

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by RANT]

lol, I missed that, hey MirthfulMe could sell Capt. William Morgan's tongue on Ebay...he'll be rich.

No Rant, you know who i was referring to...
.... the despicable Michael Moore.

new topics

top topics

join