It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Russia, Prisons for Police Thrive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
In Russia, Prisons for Police Thrive

NIZHNY TAIGIL, Russia — Like a scene from a felon’s daydream, all the inmates at a prison compound here in western Russia — some 2,000 of them — are former policemen, prosecutors, tax inspectors, customs agents and judges.

Most of the day, they mill about, glum-faced, dressed in prison clothes. The only visible hints of the policemen’s former employment are the occasional buzz cuts.

Russian penitentiary authorities offered a rare tour of this specialized penal colony recently with an eye to demonstrating that these inmates receive no privileges.

OK here we go. I say I think Mother Russia has taken the proper lead on this issue. I know for a fact that not LEOs are bad. Actually IMO most are just average people under tremendous job related stress. But, this seems like a great answer to some of those who continuously abuse their authority.

Hopefully those in power here in the West will take head and change their abusive activities accordingly.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Dear Slayer,

Perhaps they were all vicious dogs (lol, I had to get a translator to find out what your profile said). In Russia and China and many other places the government officials feel entitled to steal because they see the leaders around them living like kings, not justifying it, just recognizing it. Because of that they are harsher and attempt to make examples of their own.

Repressive societies have a hard time getting honest people to work for them. Easy enough to understand. Some countries allow their officials to have their petty crime so long as they get the bigger piece, others try to keep it just for themselves. Again, not agreeing, just an observation made over time.

When I saw the thread in New Topics, I didn't know it was yours. You are indeed prolific.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

If they didn't have special privileges they would be housed within the regular prison population. Too bad, but when you go around busting people, or punishing people that 'do wrong', you should have to face the consequences when you get caught for the same thing.

It's called, facing the music.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
In Soviet Russia the jumpsuit wears the cops! Haha sorry, couldn't resist!

I would gladly pay an arm and a leg (aka, taxes) to have a prison built just for them here in the states. Even if it was empty most of the time, it would still be a good deterrent. Although it won't stop their superiors from protecting them under false accounts of the actual events.

"now something must be done, about vengeance a badge and a gun. So rip the mic, rip the stage, rip the system.......WE WERE BORN TO RAGE AGAINST 'EM" - Rage Against the Machine

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Prisons for bad cops could be a start but I don't think it will solve the problem. First of all, most of them get away with what they do because they know the Union and their fellow cops will bail them out.

Second, most judges see a cop's word as if it was was GOD himself speaking.

I really wish the good cops would find a way to weed out the bad, but I don't see it happening.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
We see videos all the time of US/West cops abusing people.

This first video is simply called Police brutality but I see a guy resisting arrest.

This one however I question the reason for the beat downs...

edit on 28-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In Soviet Russia, police are INSIDE prison.

Takin' snip offa dis guy:

(Graphic Language warning)

edit on 5/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
We see videos all the time of US/West cops abusing people.

This first video is simply called Police brutality but I see a guy resisting arrest.

@ :55 in the first one, that was a real Spetznas frontal kick. Bad ass.

edit on 5/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Dear OldCorp,

Please explain the kick to me. I hear you saying it is unique, please explain in what way. I saw it as effective but don't understand how it works. More familiar with boxing.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I'd like to see more corrupt Judges receive some of that Spetsnaz style justice

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Spetsnaz are famous for their kicks to the chest among other things

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Dear Slayer69,

Thank you that was very helpful. I was not familiar with it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You are wrong , every active policemans are crooks.

Ill explain. If a dad beats his child and the mother is conscious of it, they are both criminals.

In the police, theres the "Blue wall of silence"
If you speak against a policemen, you loose your pension and all your retirement benefits.
Its automatic, good will policemens are scared to denounce colleagues and if he wants to keep his benefits, he blend in and become crooked.

Its an effective way to get a grip toward the more idealistic cops.
Trust me, the only good cops out there are former ones who quickly realised they were no protecting or serving the population in the police and went a different path like fireman or ambulance meds. I know what i'm talking about.
Its sad to say but most of today's cops were former bullied.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2

Well you're welcome to express your opinion. My eldest nephew who is a Californian Highway Patrolmen is far from being a crook. He may drink a tad bit too much and is on his second marriage etc. But he's not a crook.

I do believe that there are some who are though.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

It's generalizations such as this that prevent a 'worthy' discussion from taking place...

Your inadvertent disclosure that you applied for and were then rejected for public service is quite sad...don't forget the city hires All Kinds, so you still have a chance.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I'm sure you understand my point.

If ,since your nephew is in the police, there has been no coruption around him.
If he didnt have to "closed" his eyes.
Well you right, hes not crooked.
But then, he patrol Ca. ?
The capital of police brutality.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Apparently you stoped reading after the 1st line.
Maybe because you cant argue about the rest of my post.
Yeah, I know its sad to realised.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2

I'm sure you understand my point.

Which is what the thrust of this thread is about.
Bad cops getting deserved justice....

edit on 29-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Russia is notoriously known for corruption and organized crime. Politicians are on the take, and it is safe to assume the tentacles of corruption reach to the level of the lowly patrolman. I wonder where they house the corrupt politicians? There was no mention about them?If this is a legitimate attempt to tackle corruption by President Medvedev, he has his work cut out for him.

Personally, as far as I see it; this smells a heck of a lot like political showboating by the President? There is an election coming up in 2012. It is great to put away flat footed patrolmen, some two-bit bureaucrats, and some shakedown judges, but what about the Big Fish who are committing a smorgasbord of crime, getting away with it, and exacerbating the problem of poverty and unemployment among the Russian people? That is something to keep in mind. Interesting article, Slayer!
edit on Sun May 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edits per member request

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Good thread, Slayer.. duly bumped.
Back in the good ol' :
Maybe we could plug in some community service for the guys
who can't hold their steroids, and have them rotate in a prison
guard pool working for free and unarmed. Nothing like being
outnumbered ten or twenty to one to change your attitude...
and I hear prison chow is absolutely topnotch. sarc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join