It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hackers Strike Again: Lockheed Martin and Military Contractors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
MSN: Hackers broke into Lockheed Martin

BOSTON/WASHINGTON — Unknown hackers have broken into the security networks of Lockheed Martin Corp and several other U.S. military contractors, a source with direct knowledge of the attacks told Reuters.

They breached security systems designed to keep out intruders by creating duplicates to "SecurID" electronic keys from EMC Corp's RSA security division, said the person who was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
it would be intriguing to see if Anonymus claims responsibility for this one... although if that "other" group that crippled sony is also behind this, safe to say the cyberwar is getting hotter and hotter eh?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It seems this is all I see and hear about on the new recently. Hackers this, Hackers That. If the MSM is reporting it as a bad thing then I assume that we are reaching the final phase of internet freedom crackdown/censorship.

But don't worry people... Its so we can be protected from the TERRORISTS... oh right, its not 2001 anymore. The new term is hackers or hactivists...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Angelina Jolie in hackers II !? yeaaaaa i hope so

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ohhh, the good stuff that's on those computers!

All kinds of secrets are on there and I highly doubt that anonymous could pull of this hack unless they were allowed to. They are talented, don't get me wrong, but this looks more like a way to strike up calls for internet regulation.

I don't like this!

edit on 28-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: grammer

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
this has been posted earlier but I think they stole a space ship

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It seems we have officially moved to digital espionage. I think Wikileaks has created monsters of us whether we are the ones stealing the information or the ones dying to read it once it gets released on the web.
It is better than any TV/Movie/Book cliffhanger ever written.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Trust me, we don't hear about some of the intrusions into sensitive systems, such as big-businesses, etc...Sometimes they will release the information because customer data may have been compromised, and even then there is no guarantee.

Whoever defeated this system is very good. They obviously were not after the normal stuff, like financial data, etc, and the fact that they hacked one organization to help their intrusion into another organization's system probably means that they were going after something specific. It is possible they would have attacked any site using those keys, so it may be possible that this wasn't their specific target, which means that they weren't going after any specific information, rather just snooping around.

I find it hard to believe that a group, or however unlikely, an individual, this sophisticated and skilled would put in the amount of work required to penetrate a network that sophisticated without a gameplan, or goal.

I wonder if they pulled off loads of material. The person quoted in the article I believe said there was no classified material available on their main company network, but that it was all on a separate network which is controlled by the government. His words, to me, implied that the network had no connection whatsoever to the outside stream, which I find hard to believe...So whether they got classified material or not, who knows...

I am positive that the perpetrators know the severity of punishment they will receive if caught, which to me strengthens my belief that they were hunting something particular. The jail time that would be associated with hacking any government network, or in this case a company with a history of working with the government, would no doubt be lengthy. Just look at the lengths the US is going to with Gary McKinnon. They will always claim excessive damage to their systems, no matter what really goes on during the intrusion, as evidenced by many cases in recent decades.

Whether or not it was "Anonymous," depends on what you know and understand them to be. They don't exist really. Anon hacks are perpetrated by individuals who create temporary alliances for a common cause. I mean, only maybe 1% of /b/, probably less, could pull off something like this, so Anon is really just a handful of people who claim to be part of Anon, meaning that they have the size of an army, although the majority of them do not actually participate in the operations perpetrated in the name of Anonymous.

Sorry about that rant...When I get sleepy I get like that. I hope that made sense to someone at least...And as always, I suppose I could be wrong about one of my assumptions, but definitely not all.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
if someone really went to the lengths of copying securID tokens, then this wasn't your average hacker.

it was financed and planned carefully and whoever did it knew they were risking life imprisionment

my guess would be state sponsered (yes isreal, china & russia im talking to you) or industrial espionage from one of the other big government military contractors... (uk/france)

either way, it's odd there's a story, and LM are in for a grilling from the ITSO's!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
if someone really went to the lengths of copying securID tokens, then this wasn't your average hacker.

it was financed and planned carefully and whoever did it knew they were risking life imprisionment

my guess would be state sponsered (yes isreal, china & russia im talking to you) or industrial espionage from one of the other big government military contractors... (uk/france)

either way, it's odd there's a story, and LM are in for a grilling from the ITSO's!

Yep that's what I was thinking.

1)state sponsored espionage.(China,Russia,North Korea,Iran)
2)CIA false flag for china-style internet censorship
3)A theft or sabatage from a industry rival.

Normal people could care less about this kind of stuff. But a competitor though or China/russia/N Korea.

Hmmm?

top topics

join