It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten CNN Journalist Looking For "Secret Morgue" In Joplin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You know OP, I couldn't help but notice that you seem to be on a personal vendetta against all and any form of law enforcement.

I have noticed numerous threads started by you as late with the same theme.

As the ATS member who is a resident of Joplin already pointed out: Those officers most likely knew people or had family members that were killed, hurt or missing. Freedom of the press is one thing, but this morbid need to exploit the dead and hurting for our viewing pleasure is just disgusting. They (the officers) may not have handled it as delicately as you would have liked, but they are human. They have feelings and heartache and loss and have experienced a nightmare that we can only hope we never have to endure. I can tell you right now that if my loved one were possilby in that morgue I would be applauding those officers for protecting their privacy.

You seem to be indiscriminately spreading hate and fear of law enforcement without any consideration to the true circumstances. It is unfortunate that so many cop haters are on ATS and jump to star and flag your threads.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't know if those guys were cops. They could be military protecting a military contractors perimeter. They don't have a badge on. Just a tshirt with the picture of one. And whats up with the fanny pack? A walkie talkie expected. But they don't look like a cops noemal belt. And they say there lieutenant gave the order. So is it a secret trucking company? Not to secret when they have a website that says what they do. But they would have a secure area to operate in that would be off limits.

Even the DMORT team is made up of military and there the ones in charge of this morgue at a military contractors warehouse.
www.dmort7.org...

So much for the BS of local cops who have friends and familiy who might be there.
edit on 28-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I hate political speak. The governor couldnt even answer the last question, "yes, I support people getting in there to identify their loved ones." He has to go off onto some irrelevant repetitive ramble about how very very difficult it all is. No ship Sherlock. We get that. Yes or no, you are going to let people identify their loved ones?

I can even understand why they might want no cameras in there, so that images of mashed up dead people dont end up with silly subtitles on the interwebz somewhere. But why not photograph the most identifiable portion of each body, (face, tattoo, whatever) and when someone asks, show them the photos of the people in the morgue who might match that age/gender combination?

You know what the real problem is?

Our leaders are not very bright, and they seek popularity. So they are always waffling around trying to figure out what will get them the most brownie points instead of just figuring out the best way to do something and then committing to it.

We are led by a bunch of stupid, egotistical control freaks, trying desperately to control any information that might show them to be the shallow, self centered, incompetent people they are. It pisses me off that someone has to wait nearly a week to find out their family member is dead.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah that just goes to show proof that CNN has their own agenda and using the shock jock approach when reporting about whats happening here and they are selectively leaving information out in their reports. But hose of us that live here aren't relying on the national news outlets. we are relying on the local news outlets that are based here in Joplin as they are reporting the helpful information to us. they are also going to the elected officials and getting the answers for families that have questions.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah that just goes to show proof that CNN has their own agenda and using the shock jock approach when reporting about whats happening here and they are selectively leaving information out in their reports. But hose of us that live here aren't relying on the national news outlets. we are relying on the local news outlets that are based here in Joplin as they are reporting the helpful information to us. they are also going to the elected officials and getting the answers for families that have questions.

Yep. No matter what the topic, they are always engaging in psyops.

I am so sorry about what has happened to the people of Joplin and your town. It's good to know that you are at least getting the information you need. I can't imagine what it must be like to deal with everything you have experienced.

My heart goes out to you guys.

edit on 28-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

they are county sheriff's deputies. i recognized the t shirts. And no R&R trucking isn't a secret trucking company. they have a few gov't contracts to move ordinace for the military and some equipment and thats it. SO does TRISM which is also in that area. And Demort isn't just military guess you didn't even look at the link you posted huh?

as a matter of fact there is only 3 military members the rest are civilian.

so much for you knowing more than someone that lives here

I tell you what get off your ass and come down here and see for yourself whats happening if you don't believe me and the others that live here that are proving our first hand knowledge.

Yeah i didn't think you would its just to easy to hide behind a computer monitor and take snipe shots

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

go back and read some of my posts. they are letting the family in to identify their loved ones if they can provide a description of their loved ones that include birth marks scars tattoo's piercing etc that are unigue to their loved ones. they are also asking the families for pictures of their loved ones to speed up the Process. those that can't give a unigue description are being asked for a DNA sample to compare against the DNA of the bodies in the morgue.

ETA: Illusionsaregrander you do realize this was an EF-5 tornado that was between half a mile wide to a mile wider or greater in some areas and you realize that this tornado was traveling 20mph and at times wasn't moving at all. instead of the usual 60-65 mph that tornado's of this strength move

and you do realize that not all of the remains in the morgue are whole bodies right? They said they could identify 10 bodies a day and that is if they could get dental records and DNA to speed up the process. Now alot of the dental offices were on the west side of town in the area around St. Johns hospital. those dental offices and their records are no longer there. and you do realize that they were finding x-rays and other medical files 60-100 miles east of Joplin right so its going to take time to ID the bodies.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Mercenary2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't understand why they don't want people to go there... I can understand them deterring media from going there, but why family and friends who are trying to find loved ones.

Maybe they just have so many bodies there, they are just all stacked up in one big ugly pile and they are afraid of getting accused of inhumane treatment of the bodies? I don't know...

I just don't know... But these people. They NEED to know of their loved ones are alive or dead... Keeping them from this information, is just... agonizing and must be like emotional torture... Can you imagine knowing that your son or daughter very well may be dead, but no one will tell you for sure? That would be so hard.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2012

I did see that, and its a horribly inefficient way to do it. And unfair. (People with loved ones who are not so marked have to wait for DNA? Like the little babys family? Or the young man in the story?)

I know some of those bodies are probably so damaged and unrecognizable that you will need DNA to identify them. But not all of them are. They should have photos of the faces that are still recognizable, and photos of piercings and tattoos of those whose faces are NOT recognizable.

I can easily see why they dont just want people walking rows of bodies. I can see why they are keeping out cameras. I totally get that. I just think that what they ARE doing is horribly inefficient, it does not really satisfy the grieving families, and personally I get frustrated that the people in charge needed to have the press make a big deal out of it, and get the governor involved before someone decided to have some mercy on those poor families.

I felt the same way after Katrina. Just astounded and amazed at the disorganized thinking of people in charge. They had plenty of time for photo ops, but their problem solving skills are pathetic much of the time.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well I guess you can't even count.
There are four.
Go complain to some one else who can't count I guess. You might have a chance to win.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Most of the families already know there loved ones are dead and in the morgue. they were there when the bodies were removed from their houses.

they were letting families in the morgue sunday night and monday morning to look at the bodies and to identify their loved ones. but one family misidentified a body and caused even more heartache for not just their family but for the family the loved one actually belonged to. that is when they went to the policy that is in place now that all positive ID's will be by dental records and DNA unless the family could give an unigue description of their loved ones that included birth marks tattoos scars piercings etc. and they were asking for pictures of their loved ones as well.

After the bodies have been positively ID either by description, dental records or DNA they are letting the families in the morgue to see their loved one before releasing the remains to the family and a funeral home of their choice to bury their loved ones.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

listen i agree that its taking to long but it was moving faster before the govenor called in the feds and all their BS. it slowed the process down to maybe 3 bodies a day being ID. And the bodies that could be ID visually were the first ones to be identified and released to the families. the bodies in the morgue now are the bodies that have to be Identified by DNA because they are just to badly damaged to visually identify sadly.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

you want to go back and count again?

Regional Emergency Coordinator CDR Dana L. Hall Kansas City, MO Office: (816) 246-2828 Cellular: (816) 918-0289 Email: [email protected]

Regional Emergency Coordinator CDR Chris Kates, R.S., MPH Kansas City, MO Office: (816) 426-2833 Cellular: (816) 518-7330 Email: [email protected]

Regional Emergency Coordinator CAPT Jim Imholte, RP MPH Kansas City, MO Office: (816) 426-3490 Cellular: (816) 985-5589 Email: [email protected]

yeah didn't think so. just stay behind your monitor and snipe away. no worries we won't laugh at you to much as you push your foot deeper in your mouth

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012
And the bodies that could be ID visually were the first ones to be identified and released to the families. the bodies in the morgue now are the bodies that have to be Identified by DNA because they are just to badly damaged to visually identify sadly.

Thats the part the press isnt telling everyone, clearly. Im glad you said that. The video in the OP made it seem like they just were not letting anyone know their loved ones status, and only people who had someone on the inside could find out.

I cant just take your word over theirs, (I hope you understand) but your version of what is going on certainly does call a lot of what is being said in the media into question. I guess they just found the only two families with recognizable loved ones being denied information and played them up? (Thats one possibility)

Anyway. I wish all of you the best. Its a horrific situation, and yes, I can imagine having the big dogs in there is not helping efficiency. As I am sure you can tell, I have little regard for the people in charge of handling our national emergencies. There is too much nepotism in those kinds of offices, and you often get stuck with a moron in charge with a rich and powerful relative. Of course that goes for politics too.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why is a resident of Joplin having to get on ATS and defend themsevles and the actions of thier destroyed town to a bunch of people who have absolutely NO firsthand knoweldge or personal involvement?

I don't see how they could be any clearer.

The bodies that are left....the ones that they are not allowing to be viewed without identifying traits are most likely pieces. This is why it will take DNA. So they are not about to allow just anyone to go in and dig through fingers, feet, arms, legs, torsos and various mangled parts and pieces....do you get it yet?

It is horribly painful and slow....way too slow, but I honestly believe that the local officials are doing the best they can in an impossible situation. Why wouldn't they? Just because a person may be in a position of authority or government does not mean they are evil and out to get you. Not everything is a conspiracy.

It is so easy to sit and judge.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nadine S. McNeal with her brown shirt looks military, but I guess she isn't. And I guess Blackwater refusing to let her jog outside there view was a sign that she was not. My bad.

www.dmort.org...

Nadine is an avid, marathon-class runner, and is often seen running several miles during
trainings and deployments. She holds the honor of being the only person at the St. Gabriel Base
of Operation during the Hurricane Katrina/Rita response to be denied the ability to do her
running exercise off of the base by Blackwater Security. “Missy, you will have to do all that
runnin where we can see you!”

I still not sure if William H. Young Is the same as William H. Young Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy appointed by Bush. William H. Young Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy was a military man.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

i did a double take of her as well But i have a dress shirt for work that is almost that exact same color and could be confused for a navy dress shirt. plus with her hair pulled back adds to the confusion but the tell tell sign she's not military is there is no military rank with her name like the others.

Now i'm not saying she isn't former military but she is civilian now.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

no worries i know you can't just take my word for it but i do hope you and the others will take what i'm saying to fill in the gaps that the national media is leaving open hopefully it give everyone a better understanding of whats going on, what the media is flat out wrong about and what they are trying to spin to fit their own agendas.

the local media did a story about 2 families that couldn't get any information about their loved ones, whether they were in the morgue or not. and those families lived outside of the damaged areas and weren't there when their loved ones were pulled from the rubble and unfortunately they are probably in the group that has to be identified by dna because there isn't much left to identify them by.

But the governor, the mayor and even the coroner have been talking to the those 2 families and all of the families that are still waiting for the official notifications from the coroners office about there loved ones and explained the process they have to use and reassured them that they want to positively identify every body that is in the morgue so they don't cause any grief later if a mistake was to happen. i know CNN left that part of the story out as well.

sadly this was a very nasty tornado and went through a very populated part of the city. and sadly not everyone can be identified by looking at them. it is going to be a slow painful process but the families and everyone in the city of joplin will hold the elected official to their word. they will identify every body and they will tell the families about their loved ones they like everyone else need to have some patience, now i know saying that if it was my loved ones in the morgue I'd want answers right now just like they do. But i still know 1 person that is on the missing list and i know everything that can be done to find him and everyone else that is missing is being done just like everything that can be done to identify the bodies is being done. we just have to keep up our hope and let these people do their jobs!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I don't understand why they don't want people to go there... I can understand them deterring media from going there, but why family and friends who are trying to find loved ones.

Maybe they just have so many bodies there, they are just all stacked up in one big ugly pile and they are afraid of getting accused of inhumane treatment of the bodies? I don't know...

I just don't know... But these people. They NEED to know of their loved ones are alive or dead... Keeping them from this information, is just... agonizing and must be like emotional torture... Can you imagine knowing that your son or daughter very well may be dead, but no one will tell you for sure? That would be so hard.

What kind of effect would it have on people if they had to view 25 or 30 partial bodies before they found the right one. It takes time to identify bodies so there won't be any mistakes made.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

i don't mind coming in here and telling people whats happening from a first person perspective its the least i can do for the people of my city. its just one more thing i can do to help them.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

i know the effect it had on me to see just the few bodies i saw and some where missing body parts and some where just arms hands legs and feet right after the tornado came through. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I still see everything the second i close my eyes and its still as fresh in my mind today as it was sunday night.

now if ya'll will excuse me, my kids want to roast marsh mellows, so i'm going to go back and spend time with whats really important my family

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join